Some People - Rant

DLL you can get covers for the collars so that the general public does not recognise them. Ask Steve about them. He will know where you can get them.

You know I had seen them previously grumpette and thought i don't think I will need them however my thoughts on that have radically changed since Sunday...

Thank you...

Might check out Steve's website as i am sure I have seen them on there before...

Good excuse to check out what's new on there too :thumbsup:

Dog Nazi's.

It is strange how morons get to us emotionally isn't it?...even though we know intellectually that their behavior is less than ordinary.

At least you don't have to put up with her antics anymore but I feel very, very sorry for her OH, lol.

I've had similar comments when I've had my girls on check chains... there's always one "expert" at a dog park... *sigh*

I ignore them - they don't know me or my dogs, or why we use a check chain - let alone whether I know how to use one properly (I do actually).

I've had trainers at group training query me on my choice of using a check chain for my dogs - until I've shown them that I can use one properly - they tend to back off after that.

T.

I've never had anyone comment on my using of prong collars but my dogs have a long thick coat so I guess they are not easy to see.

I probably would have just laughed at the woman and told her to go for her life, ring the police and make a fool out of herself. There is no reasoning with nutters like that.

I have had some awful things said to me about my greyhounds when out walking.Things like " those things(THINGS)shouldn't be walked during the day with cildren around" to the most common one of kids asking parents what those things are on their face to which 99% of parents reply "because they bite or because they kill things".It is important to me to try to educate people on how wonderful greyhounds are and I've often stopped people for saying the latter and explained the law of muzzling and how it is changing now in NSW and has already changed in other states.A majority have stopped and listened and even thanked me for explaining but I do still get the parents that drag the child away from the kid eating monsters.

DLL this woman is just one of the morons that can't be educated.I have visions of her ringing the cops and as they all pile into the paddy wagon to head of to the scene of the crime looking at each other saying "What's a prong collar" :laugh:

I have had some awful things said to me about my greyhounds when out walking.Things like " those things(THINGS)shouldn't be walked during the day with cildren around" to the most common one of kids asking parents what those things are on their face to which 99% of parents reply "because they bite or because they kill things".It is important to me to try to educate people on how wonderful greyhounds are and I've often stopped people for saying the latter and explained the law of muzzling and how it is changing now in NSW and has already changed in other states.A majority have stopped and listened and even thanked me for explaining but I do still get the parents that drag the child away from the kid eating monsters.

DLL this woman is just one of the morons that can't be educated.I have visions of her ringing the cops and as they all pile into the paddy wagon to head of to the scene of the crime looking at each other saying "What's a prong collar" :laugh:

:( That must be so horrible to hear stans mum, good on you for educating them and not just telling them where to go, which would probably be my first reaction! :laugh:

Stans mum - :laugh:

Love it - that gave me a good laugh...

I can't believe how awful people can be sometimes - I lived next door to greyhounds for much of my childhood and I was always thought how gorgeous natured they were...and so well behaved....

It's lovely that you take the time to try and redeucate people and it's great that most poeple take the time to listen...

But like you I have found that there are always morons who just don't want to know or to consider a view that might not agree with theirs... :(

Probably imagine it's some type of electrode attached to a collar!! :eek:

goD I hate "do-gooders" some days. :rolleyes:

I use a prong collar on brutus, Ive made my own cover for it cos I was tired of the abuse of people who cant be told, or wont even listen to your side of the argument. I'm so tired of it Ill be investing in a low profile flat one from k9 pro, and I bet theres not one word said about it because it doesn't "Look" horrible. Yet No one says anything about my bitch and her check chain, At least a prong collar is idiot proof. (maybe even for this woman) - unlike a check chain where anyone can buy one and 9/10 times put it on wrong and choke their dog.

I would have been on the calmly stand there and say, go ahead call the police, actually you know what Ill save you the trouble. Ill call them for you. "Yes hello? There is a woman using aggressive language towards me, my husband and my dogs... I believe she may be intoxicated or on drugs... " there you go saved you the phone call they are on their way.

Why cant people just ask "Arent those collars illegal?" or just ask "doesnt that hurt them?" give you a chance to explain / educate before going crazy off the handle and wrecking everyone's park experience...