British Bulldog - Flea Allergy Dermatitis

Carlo11

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Kelscats, I hope you will continue the story of Pearl with updates on who she is doing :)

and photos of her gorgeous smile :) She may be bent & broken... but she is a happy girl now .

+1 Good job Carlo11, you have made her smile :thumbsup:

Thank you everyone.I must admit I feel rather hollow this morning knowing she will leave tonight but Im confident she will go on and do well for herself.I do think I would have kept her myself if not for being a renter and the difficulties that causes when you have pets.Upon that topic,I could write a book . . .I am sure Kelscat will keep us all updated.

Pearl is out in the yard huffing and grunting as she chases her ball around.

Ill miss her xx

Oh she's just beautiful - you've done such a great job. My OH has been bugging me (what a role reversal!) about her, and we'd welcome her with open arms in a heartbeat but I've run three bitches together before and it's not something I'd be prepared to go through again..... such a pity as she appears to be such a gorgeous girl. I'm sure she'll be a perfect addition to a perfect family :love:

Pearl arrived at about 9pm and the meet and greet with my dogs went really really well.

I have rather a funny mix at the momment of course my own 2 dogs Lulu the Bulldog, Squidy the well who know's he's 10kg of something :laugh: and a tiny little 3kg Pom ( foster ).

Pearl likes all of them but she did try and eat my cats so will need to work on that with her! Im just assumming that she has never

met cats before but that's ok we will get her aquainted!

Big Thanks to carlo11 for her care and love for Pearl over the last few weeks i will of course keep you updated and upload some pics shortly!

I just have to share my good news with you all . . . .Last night,the local dog coordinator for DCH Animal Rescue rang me.She had seen the photos of Pearl and how happy she now looks and has offered to sign me up as a new foster carer.As long as I pass the fencing checks etc, ill now be able to help lots of other doggys on their way to a better life.So I guess ill be spending a bit more time on DOL seeking lots of advice and learning from you all.Im happy to help in rescue as I believe it to be such a worthy cause.

I have informed my Pharaoh of this and he didnt seem pleased lol.He does like to be KING and as he is rather handsome, he gets so spoilt.

I hope Pearl continues to do well.I know the house she came from had many free roaming cats and kittens in the yard which she was in so she did have access to them as they slept under the house with her.So hopefully with a bit of training, the desire to eat cats will stop.I knew she was great with all dogs having lived with many of them,both large and small.She also never showed any sign of human aggression or even food aggression. I found her to be rather stubborn, selectively deaf but a sweet personality and always up for a cuddle.

I just have to share my good news with you all . . . .Last night,the local dog coordinator for DCH Animal Rescue rang me.She had seen the photos of Pearl and how happy she now looks and has offered to sign me up as a new foster carer.As long as I pass the fencing checks etc, ill now be able to help lots of other doggys on their way to a better life.So I guess ill be spending a bit more time on DOL seeking lots of advice and learning from you all.Im happy to help in rescue as I believe it to be such a worthy cause.

I have informed my Pharaoh of this and he didnt seem pleased lol.He does like to be KING and as he is rather handsome, he gets so spoilt.

I hope Pearl continues to do well.I know the house she came from had many free roaming cats and kittens in the yard which she was in so she did have access to them as they slept under the house with her.So hopefully with a bit of training, the desire to eat cats will stop.I knew she was great with all dogs having lived with many of them,both large and small.She also never showed any sign of human aggression or even food aggression. I found her to be rather stubborn, selectively deaf but a sweet personality and always up for a cuddle.

Well done on going to the extra effort to improve Pearls condition. I'm not surprised they want you as a carer. So many rescue dogs just need that bit of polish from a good foster carer to turn them into dogs that people really want to adopt.