Australia Day Perth

Mason_Gibbs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to be pencilled in :) I think my ball-obsessed kelpie girl might actually fit right in with the retrievers!

(she even freezes to 'point' at things sometimes. I think she's very confused about what breed she's supposed to be :rofl: )

I'd like to be pencilled in :) I think my ball-obsessed kelpie girl might actually fit right in with the retrievers!

(she even freezes to 'point' at things sometimes. I think she's very confused about what breed she's supposed to be :rofl: )

Lol!! Mason is an awesome retriever when there is no other dogs around, I think he feels threatened by competition and doesn't bother to retrieve if anyone else may get it :)

Just to add, this is an AM thing. Hopefully meet 9ish? and then have an early BBQ lunch :) So everyone has their afternoon/evening free to spend "Straya Day" at the fireworks or with family or whatever!

I really wish the day after was a holiday as I always want to go to the fireworks but earliest I will get home and into bed is after midnight and with work the next day it isn't an option :( kind of sux

I don't advise actually going into the city to watch the fireworks. There are plenty of great watching places outside of the city and you can be home in a jiffy! I was driving home from a friend's place on the north side a couple of years back on Oz Day, and the fireworks started while I was on Tonkin Hwy. There were cars parked on the side of the road and watching the fireworks from there. I was heading in the opposite direction to them so couldn't watch and drive, but turned my head at the lights and saw it was actually a great spot. Something to think about :)

Guest RosieFT

Just to add, this is an AM thing. Hopefully meet 9ish? and then have an early BBQ lunch :) So everyone has their afternoon/evening free to spend "Straya Day" at the fireworks or with family or whatever!

I really wish the day after was a holiday as I always want to go to the fireworks but earliest I will get home and into bed is after midnight and with work the next day it isn't an option :( kind of sux

We watched some from South Beach last year.. but guess that is no closer for you cos you live soooooo North!

Just a side note - you probably already know - public BBQs in nice areas on Australia day (and other special days) quite often get rather busy and have a bit of a queue (I remember an epic fail at Serpentine Falls where half the BBQs ran out of gas too... we went home to cook our food instead :rofl: )

I'm sure it will be a lovely day for the beach

Good point about BBQ's. I'd be content just with a morning swim, what do you reckon, MG? We could BBQ another time perhaps.

I should be home Straya Day morning making the salads I said I would :rofl: Bring on the vodka jelly, though!!! :rock: I've never had one before so I'm a little excited :o

CC if you are after a quieter beach in the area, the one I normally use is set back on side streets so it's mostly just locals who know it's there already. It's about 5-10 mins drive further south. On my phone atm, but can post location later if you'd like