Staffordshire Terrier Mix Attack My Dog

bubumelon9513

Guest RosieFT

That is so awful. I am glad your dog was not killed and at the very least the owner did not run from the scene without first getting his dog off yours. But still, what a low life.

Guest lavendergirl

post-34288-0-25568800-1328164080_thumb.jpg

This is Chucky last night after the attack and the vet visit. Still drowsy from the attack but he manage to give us a wag of his tail every time we talk to him

Heal well little Chucky. :hug:

It so sad to hear what has happened to you little dog. What a bloody coward the guy was I hope you take steps to trace him. Personally I too blame the dogs owners and not the dog, but lets not hit up the OP for describing to the best of her ability what breed it was. So it was a bully breed X...its not wrong to declare what dog it was that has attacked your pet. Just because she has mentioned the breed dont jump to the conclusion she is pro BSL...if it was a labrador X and she named it Im sure there would be no comment. Deep breath huh. Lets all hope that the lilone gets over its ordeal with minimal temperamental/physical damage.

It so sad to hear what has happened to you little dog. What a bloody coward the guy was I hope you take steps to trace him. Personally I too blame the dogs owners and not the dog, but lets not hit up the OP for describing to the best of her ability what breed it was. So it was a bully breed X...its not wrong to declare what dog it was that has attacked your pet. Just because she has mentioned the breed dont jump to the conclusion she is pro BSL...if it was a labrador X and she named it Im sure there would be no comment. Deep breath huh. Lets all hope that the lilone gets over its ordeal with minimal temperamental/physical damage.

Totally agree...I mean there must be a description on the dog that attacks but of course we do not mean to harm the breed of the dog..and it's a cross breed not a pure pitbull type...Glad that I chose the right spot for this discussion..I mean not everyone understand that not all of us are pro-BSL.. :D

I hope Chucky is recovering well from his surgery. Good that you reported this to the ranger. You probably have saved other innocent dogs from being attacked by this dog.

I would not be at all surprised if the IGA staff know who the owner is. He's probably a regular customer. I hope they got this on camera.

He must pay your vet bill on principle. It's his responsibility. What a coward for running off and not giving you his details. Hopefully the ranger will read him the riot act and inform him he's responsible for the vet bill. You have enough to worry about with your little dog and his physical and mental recovery, you shouldn't be stuck with the vet bill as well.

Please let us know how Chucky is doing.

Thanks for all your supports guys! We really appreciate it :) sigh the Ranger said they gonna send someone to drop off some form for us...din end up coming..guess I will drive to them & get the form from them before I start work at night..more faster..Have to go back to IGA to meet the supervisor again tmr and hopefully they have smtg for me from the footage..

BTW, chucky came home today. He's doing pretty well and is walking around really fast..which kinda freak me out cuz am worried bout his stitches..he is confined at the moment after a 15 minutes hang out with us at the living room..sure he missed it!

that's the problem with bull breeds, they can be a bit temperamental, you really need to be experienced with the breed's before owning one.

ive had staffy's as family pets since i was a child,

ive found with the breed they are very loyal and they will attack to protect its self or its family. usually not unprovoked unless the owner has told the dog to do it before.

considering how many rescues and attack posts we see all over the web, im a firm believer if you need a license to drive a car, you should need one to own a pet.

if you can get this owner stick it to him, he shouldn't own any animal if hes going to act like a Pr@*k

im sorry to hear about your dog, best of luck on its recovery