Eaglehawk Kennel Club

Vacuna

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well done BBJ

It was a great weekend, my only complaint would be the flooring, even with runners on, non slip stuff on feet it was very slippery.

We had a good weekend with 3 x DCC and 2 Intermediate in Group wins. The floor was really slippery to the point of being dangerous, especially the General Specials ring. Impossible to move a big dog properly, our Standard poodle kept slipping, can't put running shoes on the dogs! I know we are very lucky to have access to such a good indoor venue, hopefully something can be done to make the floor safer.

Heard there were a few injuries to handlers from falls, broken tooth and an ankle, anyone know how these people are?

The ankle was outside, he tripped over the dog. Then walked on it. :eek: :eek:

No idea on the casualities But the secretary had a heart attack and had to go to hospital in the ambulance.

Floor too slippery, wonder if it would of been better going bare foot in the ring??

I know your not supposed to.

BB

i think it would have been just as slippery, the concrete powder would have covered your feet and given no grip. That is what it was doing to shoes

That is the first time I have ever had one of my posts edited....

I find it disturbing that the posts were edited. It was not off topic as it was posted under the heading of those shows - no more off topic than the discussion on slippery flaws, heart attacks, broken teeth etc. They were not defamatory. I wonder if they would have been deleted if discussion was about someone gloating and doing high fives after a win. It is just as important to win graciously. :noidea:

That is the first time I have ever had one of my posts edited....

I find it disturbing that the posts were edited. It was not off topic as it was posted under the heading of those shows - no more off topic than the discussion on slippery flaws, heart attacks, broken teeth etc. They were not defamatory. I wonder if they would have been deleted if discussion was about someone gloating and doing high fives after a win. It is just as important to win graciously. :noidea:

Perhaps the party concerned complained. Does not matter though. The pictures have gone viral on FB and the topic is being discussed world wide.

From one who actually witnessed the sashes being shoved into the bin I cannot see why she has to be protected and posts removed. It's certainly done nothing for this young womans reputation. It was by far the worst display of sportsmanship I've ever witnessed and I hope I never see it again.

I am just disappointed I did not see it happen so I can't make a written complaint under the Code of Ethics 20.1.2 and 20.1.3. Is anybody going to put it in writing or just let it go?

Shouldn't the report go in on the day?? I know from where I was sitting a few people saw it. This person is very well known, I don't know if she has a history of bad sportsmanship or if it was a one off. Either way it was unacceptable.

I don't know if it has to be on the day. It is a bit limiting if you can't have a complaint followed up after the day.

Edited by TessnSean

Injuries:

one Irish setter lady fell face first and chipped off front tooth, bad bruising right down the side of her face. Only one I know of that could be contributed to the slippery floor

One male boxer gentleman stood backwards outside when his dog jumped at him. Put his foot in a small hole and heard his ankle go 'snap' ... looked like a balloon when I saw it. Not sure what the medical result was?

Lady secretary had a heart turn? or angina attack. Ambulance did arrive and again not sure how she is right now?

my thoughts go out to all injured

Injuries:

one Irish setter lady fell face first and chipped off front tooth, bad bruising right down the side of her face. Only one I know of that could be contributed to the slippery floor

One male boxer gentleman stood backwards outside when his dog jumped at him. Put his foot in a small hole and heard his ankle go 'snap' ... looked like a balloon when I saw it. Not sure what the medical result was?

Lady secretary had a heart turn? or angina attack. Ambulance did arrive and again not sure how she is right now?

my thoughts go out to all injured

I believe Carole (Sec) is fine - just too much stress and no wonder with all the goings on. As competitors we need to be mindful of how difficult the challenge is to keep the whole thing running and try and be a little more helpful when we can. Clubs perhaps also need to ask for assistance if they need it as many would offer to jump in and lend a hand for a short while.

I really like these shows indoors and I know they are looking at sorting the slippery floor problem but it certainly could have been helped by cleaning up dog hair after you groomed (to those who didn't bother - and there were plenty). I organised a couple of others to help me sweep our ring before judging started as on the day, "it is what it is" and we need to make the best of it. I am not making excuses for the Clubs (I was also a competitor that almost went a-over-t) but as they just rent the facility, they are doing everything they can to allow mats etc to be laid. It is not all that easy from what I have heard. I am sure someone from the committee could be asked to make a statement regarding this - I spoke with them afterwards and they want change also but can only do what they are allowed.