Attempted Dog Poisoning

Peace_Of_Mind

I just went out to get my mail and found a flyer advising people that rat poison was thrown into a property in the next street from me in an attempt to poison a dog - apparently this happened on the 3rd February....not good at all :mad

How very disturbing for you! :mad Good on the people who have put the flyer together though. Are your dogs well clear of any potentially unfriendly fenceline?

I just went out to get my mail and found a flyer advising people that rat poison was thrown into a property in the next street from me in an attempt to poison a dog - apparently this happened on the 3rd February....not good at all :mad

How very disturbing for you! :mad Good on the people who have put the flyer together though. Are your dogs well clear of any potentially unfriendly fenceline?

At the moment Liz I don't have any pets but I am worried about my many neighbours who have cats and dogs.

How can someone be so cruel?

If you had a problem with a dog i.e. barking, you just talk to the owners and if they don't do anything about it, report to council.

We had a friend that had a Roman nosed bull terrier ( I am sure the breed may have another name?? Proper name maybe :-) ) Anyway he loved this dog and even though I don't find the breed appealing he was a gentle giant and they had a wonderful bond. Anyway he came home to find someone had baited him and the agony this poor dog was in when he found him was dreadful.. The friend of ours was a mess and his mate died.. So very sad some people are dispicable..

We had a friend that had a Roman nosed bull terrier ( I am sure the breed may have another name?? Proper name maybe :-) ) Anyway he loved this dog and even though I don't find the breed appealing he was a gentle giant and they had a wonderful bond. Anyway he came home to find someone had baited him and the agony this poor dog was in when he found him was dreadful.. The friend of ours was a mess and his mate died.. So very sad some people are dispicable..

Why, because they look like a pit or are a Bull breed? :mad

Too bad your poor friend doesn't know who did it, he could cook the person/s a lovely 'homecooked' meal just for them :eat: ;)

Not being srs of course, but it is what you would feel like doing! These ppl should rot in jail!

Edited by german_shep_fan

That's absolutely disgusting to hear! People going around poisoning people's pets.

Luckily you live in a community who's aware and knows what's going on!

There's no good reason ANYONE could give to bait and poison people's pets. Just disgraceful.

I agree definitely NO good reason to try and poison a dog....

I would think it would be someone close to them, like one of the neighbours.

I don't see anyone else who might have a grudge against this individual to kill his/her dog.

Very close to home indeed.

Sounds like you have described an English Bull Terrier. It's terrible what some people will do.

Baiting dogs is as old as and a dispicable act. I remember hearing of people doing it back when I was a kid, but fortunately you don't hear of it as often, these days I would like to think people are bit more civilised....but then you hear of it and you know there are still those out there that are not (civilised). :(

Pom, I don't know the circumstances obviously, but, two people recently have called me talking about the 'rat plague' in a suburb very close to you.

I know those two people were putting blocks of bait on the top of their fences, so there is a distinct possibility that baits are being carried by possums or birds etc.

Pom, I don't know the circumstances obviously, but, two people recently have called me talking about the 'rat plague' in a suburb very close to you.

I know those two people were putting blocks of bait on the top of their fences, so there is a distinct possibility that baits are being carried by possums or birds etc.

That is interesting.

Which suburb?

Yep, we have rats in our area too. I have purchased some bait stations, and they are in areas the dogs don't have access to, even though you need a key to open them. The baits in the station are threaded on a metal pin and apparently can't be moved by a rat.

I know some people do wire them to fences, as the rats often run along the top rung, but it is possible they will drop from the wire if eaten through, or as you said, be carried by possums.

POM what area are you in

Kew, Victoria :)

Thanks POM...my son and his wife live in Kew and they have a Retriever, will let them know. :)

Well I am glad the word is getting around. I guess the owner of the dog who was nearly poisoned did the right thing by distributing the flyers through people's letterboxes.

I might actually put it on facebook as well.

Sounds like you have described an English Bull Terrier. It's terrible what some people will do.

Baiting dogs is as old as and a dispicable act. I remember hearing of people doing it back when I was a kid, but fortunately you don't hear of it as often, these days I would like to think people are bit more civilised....but then you hear of it and you know there are still those out there that are not (civilised). :(

He had no clue why never had a bad word said about him from neighbours and he was a beautiful natured dog, he never got over his dogs death very , very sad..

English Bull terrier, I was close :-) lol..