Litter Due In April 2012

Bilbo Baggins

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks everyone :) - we've hit the magic 36 mark (36.6) and now she is on the way back up - probably early in the am or later tomorrow I'm thinking. Lots of panting, pretty restless, I think we're both in for a pretty long night!

Lots of panting and nesting and big soulful eyes last night (and no sleep!) but the temp is slowly on the increase. Am thinking from her behaviour and the temp that we will be looking at a whelping today or tonight. Its going to be a LOOONNNGGG day! LOL

fingers crossed for an easy whelping.

I am trying not to bug mum too much about Maddisons puppies, when I called last night she said you wouldnt even know there were puppies in the house, they are so quiet. She just keeps checking them and they are apparently fat slugs now. Cant wait until tomorrow to get over and see them.

just dropping in :) - and still waiting - that temp stopped at 37.0 and hung around there ..... then we had another drop to 36.6 ....now its on the way back up - but in the meantime, Tasha is digging, panting and giving all the good stage 1 signs so I will just :coffee: and :crossfingers: until :champagne:

OSO is Rommi looking any different are there any more signs that she might be preggers?

She has a little pot and her mammary chains are enlarged - not heaps. If the vet is right and she took from the last matings then she is 5 weeks this Saturday. I keeping thinking yep, but no dramamtic changes as in huge belly, huge nipples as yet. I am still hopeful but wish the changes were more obvious.

Morning all :) Would like to announce the safe arrival of 7 Taigakoira babies ;). - 5 girls & 2 boys, 1 each in cream & the rest tri colour. Babies started arriving 3.30pm yesterday & were all delivered by 6.45pm. Mum is an expert at cleaning bottoms and babies feeding well. Hopefully all goes smoothly in the next 48 - 72 hrs.

Having a bit of a stressful time of it right now. Donna is due next sunday from first mating and today had a dark brown/black, thick discharge. Took her to the vets (only to find out they don't do consults on a sat afternoon, it has to be 'on call' vet, so £60 just to say hello vet!). of course the on call vets are the newly trained ones (and this one had a strong S.African accent I was struggling a bit with). The internal exam didn't yeild any info as he couldn't feel anything. Took her off for a scan and says he can see 2 good heart beats - bit of a worry as my normal vet could see 3 and maybe a 4th. She looks big enough to have been having 4.

Milk is in and newbie vet thinks she will whelp in next day or 2.

So now we are on a waiting game.