Introducing My First Foster Dog

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wonderful photos and I love the update. Has he been giving you his cuddles where he wraps his front legs and hangs on tight for a big hug?

• 2 weeks later...

A little update on Charlie Brown. (And an excuse to post more photos :laugh: )

Still doing great. :thumbsup:

We have discovered his favourite pastime is ridding our garden of those pesky birds. Boy can he move when he wants to. :eek: Not as quick as the birds though, thankfully. Got some great shots of him trotting back to me though.

I took him to the beach earlier this week. He really didn't know what to make of the waves so we just trotted along the beach. He did have a bit of a paddle in the still waters of a lake type thing that is only connected to the ocean at high tide, but wasn't overly keen. Was content to just run on the sand and stop and sniff everything :)

Charlie had a great time at the Peinic this last weekend. All those butts to sniff............heaven :laugh: So many Pei for me to meet too. It was great, and they were all so well behaved. I didn't see any nastiness, a few growls but nothing to worry about. 32ish Peis all together chasing, sniffing, rolling, splashing (we'd had lots of rain but thankfully not on the day) just generally doing what dogs do best. I'm sure they all slept wonderfully that night. Charlie was great in the car. We had quite a long journey because I had to take my daughter back down to Jimboomba after the peinic before heading back to the Sunny Coast and there wasn't a peep out of him he just settled down and slept for most of it. My daughter's homestay family absolutely loved him. They said he was so placid and well behaved and would make a great family pet. I couldn't agree more. Mind you they do have two crazy crazy untrained labradors :(

Anyway here's some more photos. I tried to get some action shots. Hubby is giving me camera lessons so there will be more soon. :)

IMG_0898.jpg

IMG_0897.jpg

I had an even better one with his lips really flapping in the wind :laugh: But it was not quite in focus. Hence the impromptu photography lessons from hubby. :)

There will be more. I think photography may be addictive :laugh:

Oh Jen said she had had a few enquiries for him but I didn't realise he was featured in the paper. Which paper was that?

Haven't heard anything else so far though, so I am guessing no one was suitable. Not sure, Jen will probably be able to fill us in.

We had a few enquiries for CB but Darby and Cara found homes instead. I am still waiting on a few other people to send in applications. I have one family that may be suitable. They have a 3 yr old male pug, 4 children aged 8 - 17 and a cat. I usually won't put a male dog with another male but I think CB may actually suit them. Happy to hear your thoughts Teekay.

There are also two other applications I am waiting for. One is a gentleman who has gone away to Melbourne so won't be back until next week, the other is a family but they need to address some fencing/gate issues first.

Meanwhile Teekay is helping CB learn some more manners and is doing quite well from what I'm told. I cannot thank you enough for looking after him for me.

eta could I have a scanned copy of the newspaper as well pls PS?

Edited by Ams

I'll scan it on the super duper scanner at work and email it to you Ams. Wont be till Wednesday. I'm glad no-one wants Clancy - I'm nowhere near ready for him to go yet (despite him having been naughty tonight!).

Fantastic news for Cara and Darby. I can't beleive how big Darby's head/face is in pics! All smoosh!

OH dear PS. Maybe you could update Fancy Pants Clancy's thread and tell us just how nawty he is/was. :laugh:

Interest is still coming in for CB but no firm applications yet. Keep your fingers crossed for this boy.

you can tell I'm a boy dog novice :laugh:

Walking the 3 dogs this morning. All walking well. Come to a nice smelling tree. All having a sniff. CB cocks leg and wees all over Jenna and Mya's head. :rofl:

I'm learning. :thumbsup: