Introducing My First Foster Dog

Hi Everyone,

It's taken me a while to get round to this. Bloody computer has been playing up grrrrr.

After answering Ams' call for foster carers we have invited Charlie Brown into our home. We have had him for a week and a half now and he has settled in really well.

He had an upset tum the first day but that soon settled down and he is now eating a pooping like a trooper :thumbsup:

He has very quickly become vary attached to me and follows me round the house wherever I go. This has settled down a bit and he will stay on his bed if I move round the room. (previously he would literally get up the minute I moved )but if I leave the room, he has to see where I've gone. It's early days yet and I'm hoping he will feel a bit more secure after a while.

He loves his walks and I am almost mastering the art of walking 3 fairly large dogs. Charlie can't quite decide which side he wants to walk and just when I think I've cracked it and he's walking nicely on my left, he veers to the right and nearly trips me up. :D Got to stay alert, no strolling along looking at the scenery :laugh: We get lots of attention though, and he is good at meeting people. One person said she had a SharPei x Mastiff at home that looked just like Charlie but not nearly as well behaved.(Mind you, her husband thought he may be crossed with a Kelpie :eek: )

With regard to getting on with my other 2. Jenna aka Fluffy Bum is a bit wary of him and generally just stays out of his way and Mya is in the process of letting him know who's boss. He is starting to listen to her finally. Mya gets very vocal when Charlie tries to play with her and she's not in the mood.(Mya only plays on her terms :rolleyes: ) Sounds like something's being murdered, but it is only noise. There have not been any snaps as yet, and hopefully won't be as he does appear to be getting the message.

Really hope he finds a forever home. He has got so much love to give, he deserves to be loved right back. Will keep you updated, as long as the computer plays nice :smashpc:

Anyway, here are some photos of the cuddle bum.

IMG_0844.jpg

IMG_0851.jpg

IMG_0859.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

IMG_0864.jpg

IMG_0865.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Charlie Brown!!!! I'm a bit jealous though - we are still waiting for a foster boy from Ams. Maybe she hasn't got any crazy and desperate enough for our household!

I'm glad he has slotted in so well with your two girls as it will be the same for us here. Did you get them to meet off property? Have you dealt with pei's before? It will be a new breed for us.

Teekay thank you so much for welcoming CB into your home. I can't believe how much condition he has put on since he came into care an also how much more confidence he has. CB was sooooooooooooooooo shy at the pound with MumofMoo picked him up.

Puppy Sniffer don't worry Clancy is on his way but you may wish you'd never asked for him. Cara is going on foster on Friday night so I can do Saturday lunchish if you wish to have the little devil this weekend. I only finished night shift yesterday and today was running around like a total twit.

Teekay thank you so much for welcoming CB into your home. I can't believe how much condition he has put on since he came into care an also how much more confidence he has. CB was sooooooooooooooooo shy at the pound with MumofMoo picked him up.

Puppy Sniffer don't worry Clancy is on his way but you may wish you'd never asked for him. Cara is going on foster on Friday night so I can do Saturday lunchish if you wish to have the little devil this weekend. I only finished night shift yesterday and today was running around like a total twit.

Yes please! I was trying to be patient but clearly I'm not!

Yes please! I was trying to be patient but clearly I'm not!

Ooo I'm excited for you Puppy Sniffer. Hope all goes well with Clancy.

When Charlie Brown arrived here we took him for a walk with my two. After a very excited greeting by my 2 and a rather nervous Charlie Brown, they settled down and walked well together so we headed back and put them in the garden under close supervision. No real problems, Mya was quick to assert her dominance, tried to mount him a few times. A stern 'no' from me and after about 10 minutes they were all fine.

I also have no experience of Pei, never even seen one in real life before. But from what I had gathered is they tend to be a bit stubborn and would suit a more experienced owner. I'm sure the Pei people will correct me if I'm wrong on that one though.

Look forward to reading about Clancy when he has settled in.

:thumbsup: Charley Brown looks soooooo sweet. Looking forward to pics of the three together ;)

Ok I know this is a pretty abysmal photo, took it on my pretty abysmal phone :D

This is what greets me when I get home awwwww. :)

Promise I will try and get more of them together but it's not an easy task.

2012-02-15163436.jpg

Gave Charlie Brown his first wash today. He's smelling luuuurvely now :thumbsup:

He was a bit unsure at first but with lots of 'good boy Charlie' reassurances he soon got used to it aaaand got a chicken carcass for a treat. He ate it very well, nice and slowly, didn't wolf it down worryingly fast, like some others I could mention. (Jenna the big pig!!)

Here's a couple more photos. I just love taking pictures of him, he has such a great face :D

IMG_0871.jpg

He loves his deer antler from Sway

IMG_0877.jpg