Comfortis

bonniek

I gave both the furkids Comfortis for the first time yesterday at 5.30pm with food. This morning they are both lethargic, not the normal chaos as I usually have each morning. One had also vommited during the night. Am I being paranoid or should I be concerned?

Thanks for any advice.

Have you read the packet contents to see if there are any warning symptoms - I would also be a bit worried if they are both not their usual self this morning.. having said that I have never used the product so I am sure there will be someone dropping in soon who may have some advice for you

Have you read the packet contents to see if there are any warning symptoms - I would also be a bit worried if they are both not their usual self this morning.. having said that I have never used the product so I am sure there will be someone dropping in soon who may have some advice for you

I read everything inside and out and felt confident with administering the tablets.

But seeing them both not themselves, I am concerned that perhaps I have made the wrong choice. :(

Bonniek it does get better after the first time. That said I only use it once every two or three months in the hotter months. IMO you don't need to use it every month.

Try and fed them on a full belly during a time when you can watch them for at least eight hours.last time I did it they had breakfast, comfortis, and then a small snack every hour after that for four hours.they were a tad more quiet than usual but no throwing up. The snacks seemed to stabilise their bellies.

I gave both the furkids Comfortis for the first time yesterday at 5.30pm with food. This morning they are both lethargic, not the normal chaos as I usually have each morning. One had also vommited during the night. Am I being paranoid or should I be concerned?

Thanks for any advice.

I have inside residing toy breeds and gave comfortis to mine including a 5 month old bitch about a month ago. Of the seven I had here at the time only one vomitted the rest were fine. I rang the company and spoke to a rep - who actually took a report. She told me to try her again as she had vomitted with a hour or so of ingestion. I did this a couple of days later but with the same result so I am obviously not going to be able to use it on her, mind you her 5 month old full sister was fine. Also she came in season a few days after the second try so that may have contributed to her reaction.

I started using it January/February last year when we had a flea outbreak and nothing else was working. I only use it during the hot months and until this incident have had no problems with it.

Edited by Vacuna

Bonniek it does get better after the first time. That said I only use it once every two or three months in the hotter months. IMO you don't need to use it every month.

Try and fed them on a full belly during a time when you can watch them for at least eight hours.last time I did it they had breakfast, comfortis, and then a small snack every hour after that for four hours.they were a tad more quiet than usual but no throwing up. The snacks seemed to stabilise their bellies.

Thank you your advice, though I am not sure whther I will choose to use it again, they don't eat much during the day, and my biggest concern is how quiet they are, being huskies they are normally climbing the walls.....lol, and I worry what I have put in there bodies for such a change in behaviour.

Thanks for any advice.

I have inside residing toy breeds and gave comfortis to mine including a 5 month old bitch about a month ago. Of the seven I had here at the time only one vomitted the rest were fine. I rang the company and spoke to a rep - who actually took a report. She told me to try her again as she had vomitted with a hour or so of ingestion. I did this a couple of days later but with the same result so I am obviously not going to be able to use it on her, mind you her 5 month old full sister was fine. Also she came in season a few days after the second try so that may have contributed to her reaction.

I started using it January/February last year when we had a flea outbreak and nothing else was working. I only use it during the hot months and until this incident have had no problems with it.

Thanks for sharing your experience, even though I thought i had researched the product, clearly not! Unfortunately I am unaware of which of the kids vommited, so will not be adminstering again for at least a month, if I do indeed make that choice.

I gave Gilly Comfotis hopeing it would help with his allergies to fleas.

Made no difference whatsoever, he is still scratching like crazy.

When I use Advocate his scratching stops within a few days.

My dogs dont seem to have fleas, my other two are ok.

We use spinosad as a topical lice /fly treatment for sheep , and I have used it as a topical dog flea treatment - also on garden plants for bugs.

While it is low toxicity to mammals , and a 'natural' substance .. I just wouldn't feel comfortable feeding it to my dogs :o

We use spinosad as a topical lice /fly treatment for sheep , and I have used it as a topical dog flea treatment - also on garden plants for bugs.

While it is low toxicity to mammals , and a 'natural' substance .. I just wouldn't feel comfortable feeding it to my dogs :o

Which is the active contituent in Comfortis, I do feel so guilty, return to what I was using before.............

as I hate seeing them like this!

I gave Gilly Comfotis hopeing it would help with his allergies to fleas.

Made no difference whatsoever, he is still scratching like crazy.

When I use Advocate his scratching stops within a few days.

My dogs dont seem to have fleas, my other two are ok.

That's because with Comfortis the flea still has to bite the dog to get the poison.

With Advocate the poison is on the outside of the dog, flea does not have to bite dog to die within a short time period e.g. minutes to hours.

It should always be given with a full meal and unless the dog vomits within the first hour, there is no need to re-dose.

Thank you so much, it was given with a full meal and the vommiting was through the night, so I clearly have no reason to re-dose.

I appreciate everyones imput, Thanks again.

I can relate to how you feel. I've sort of gone on and off this product! It does work wonders for us but I am extremely suspicious of it and MrB thinks its the devil!

I also find that if I don't use comfortis, a capstar every week during summer keeps the fleas at bay.