What Facinations Do Your Dogs Have?

Sankari

Hmmm, fascination or obsesive compulsive disorder? My mini dash, Chilli,constantly licks my maltese Sparkles on the left side of her stomach. Ever since we brought her home. Nothing can distract her from doing this. When Sparkles has had enough she will get up and walk off, Chilli will continue while walking. She is weird :confused:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Eva loves plastic bottles (water bottles or empty soft drink bottles) - I'll still be drinking my water and she is eyeing the bottle off. The moment I put it next to the bin she takes it and walks away real slow.

Lolly pops! My OH is quitting smoking and his substitue was Chuppa-Chup lolly pops.

Arby loses his mind over them, can hear the wrapper being undone from outside. If you try and be sneaky and real quiet he will still come and STARE at you until you give him the last bit on the stick to crunch off :laugh:

post-42095-0-01153300-1330396598_thumb.jpg

Please mum, just a lil lick...

Lolly pops! My OH is quitting smoking and his substitue was Chuppa-Chup lolly pops.

Arby loses his mind over them, can hear the wrapper being undone from outside. If you try and be sneaky and real quiet he will still come and STARE at you until you give him the last bit on the stick to crunch off :laugh:

post-42095-0-01153300-1330396598_thumb.jpg

Please mum, just a lil lick...

Oh look at him!! Lol adorable

Doofus can smell mentos a mile away!

Bear has to get up before sunrise, go outside and lie on her bed for a few hours watching the world wake up. She is wide awake while she does it and will happily spend a few hours meditating on the wonder of it all

Elephant beetles. If Henry so much as thinks he hears one, he's off like a shot to deal with it. Used to be quite funny when he was working out how to deal with them - they used to grab his tongue and he'd jump all over the veranda with his mouth wide open :rofl:

He likes it when you hide behind the bed and hiss like an elephant beetle, and he comes and finds you. :laugh:

Holly likes to get her bones, and 'kill' them by dancing around them and mouthing them, flipping them up in the air until she thinks it is 'dead'.

Edited by sjp118

Socks. My Rosie loves socks. She is nicknamed Dobbie because she always has a sock either in her mouth or nearby. And she collects any objects as long as they are pink. I can understand the first facination, but not the second. Last Christmas she was given pink fluffy socks. You can imagine the shop assistant who served e face when she tried to tell me why these socks were so good...only to be told there were going to my dog!

My Maggie is obsessed with socks too. And tights, when I'm putting them on and they're a bit hanging off the end of my foot.

I love that you bought Rosie her own pair - I wonder if Mags would stop stealing all ours if she had her own! She even stealthily makes her way into my housemates' rooms and steals their socks while I'm in the shower every morning. Either housemates' socks or the recycling bin.. :laugh:

Our greyhound Jed has to bring all toys that the whippets take outside back inside. He stands at the back door with them in his mouth waiting patiently. Now if I could only teach him to put them in the basket! :D

He also has a thing for reindeer antlers, he loves to wear them and prance around in them. If I move them he comes running !!!

Edited by snippet

Birds mainly, but flies are another one. Their main ambition is to catch one of the helicopters that fly fairly low over our place. As soon as they hear one, they go racing up the yard chasing it, I have no idea what they think they are going to do with it once they catch it.

Grace is a funny one. She apparently loves gardening. I have recently taken up gardening (herbs first, graduated to veges) and every time I am planting, turning soil, weeding, picking, watering... she is there. She is either chewing (harmless) weeds, licking the hose, or peering over the edge of the garden wagging her tail. This cracks me up. When I water my potted herbs, she just stands there looking at the pot, wagging that tail (never stops really.) :laugh:

She also loves to hold things in her mouth - bottles, newspapers, empty paper towel rolls. I think it's just something that she has done from puppyhood, getting rewarded for bringing things to us, but the value she has for cantering around with something in her mouth is phenomenal considering she is not from retrieving stock. I have a suspicion that she would do it all day if we didn't reward her and take the item off her.

Oh - and her attitude when she has something in her mouth is all 'look at me, I'm awesome! Grr, grr I've got something in my mouth...'

Edited by Henrietta

Grace is a funny one. She apparently loves gardening. I have recently taken up gardening (herbs first, graduated to veges) and every time I am planting, turning soil, weeding, picking, watering... she is there. She is either chewing (harmless) weeds, licking the hose, or peering over the edge of the garden wagging her tail. This cracks me up. When I water my potted herbs, she just stands there looking at the pot, wagging that tail (never stops really.) :laugh:

She also loves to hold things in her mouth - bottles, newspapers, empty paper towel rolls. I think it's just something that she has done from puppyhood, getting rewarded for bringing things to us, but the value she has for cantering around with something in her mouth is phenomenal considering she is not from retrieving stock. I have a suspicion that she would do it all day if we didn't reward her and take the item off her.

Oh - and her attitude when she has something in her mouth is all 'look at me, I'm awesome! Grr, grr I've got something in my mouth...'

Yes Mo is like this, if he has something in his mouth, be it bone, toy, toilet roll, he makes woo wooing noises and wags his whole body around like a dork, it's hilarious.

Grass cuttings. My whippet Izzy goes crazy for them, when we're out walking she will lurch at clumps of cut grass and pick them up in her mouth and shake them till they fly apart everywhere. Just this morning she was having a run down at the oval and saw a big pile of clippings, and thrust her whole head into them and then rolled all over them :laugh:

She's also taken to grabbing long grass in her mouth as she walks past it and chewing on it.

Harley is obsessed with Balls. All you have to say is where's your ball and he will be off searching. He also loves bubbles! He does some great acrobatics trying to catch them all :D

Bella on the other hand love bug, spiders, frogs, Harley's back legs (she is always biting them when he tries to play). She is also a crazy licker, which is probably the staffy in her. But she will lick you for 10 minutes straight if you don't shoo her away!

Here is a video of her and a moth she found... it hasn't been edited so it's prob a bit rough :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=KTiS1QszxTQ

Edited by Jade~Harley~Bella

Tinny and balls, but that could be bordering on an obession :laugh:. The Border Collie pup is facinated by water, especially splashing water. The pup has also taken to bringing tree branches inside, i'm not sure where she is finding them though :laugh:.

Ooo, I just remembered the other 2's obssessions! Both the aussie and the schip LOVE water, especially coming out of the hose - they go mad for it, chasing it :laugh: And the schip loves flower pots...his favourite toys are his kong stuffing-less teddy, and the flower pot. When I'm gardening he's just waiting there for a new pot :laugh: