Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

I can understand why dogs are better than people.

You can call them idiots and they just look at you as if you told them they were the best "person" in the world

Even after a bad day, they still love you

Even after you scold them, they still love you and hold no grudges

They are more loyal than many people, especially those in the dog world

They are now starting to cost as much as children to keep and raise.

You don't get into trouble for locking your dog up if they have been naughty

They only demand three things; Food, pats and your attention

On a cold night, they are "portable" electric blankets

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never understood why some parents feel they have a right to feed their kids before they pay for the goods! :mad

Have you ever tried to shop with a 2-3 yr old?? Its the worst thing ever and if I have to give my son something to eat to shut him up in the supermarket ,I will. I am after all paying for it!! Seriously some people ought to mind there own business. I'm sure all the child haters would prefer my toddler to be happily munching on something than screaming the place down. Sheeze, you just can't win. AND don't ask me to bring food from home as the supermarket workers think you may have stolen it . AND don't ask me to feed my child before or after I shop, they are not machines that are programed to eat when you want them too, as much as I would love that!. I would of course prefer not to have a hungry kid with me at all when I shop ( just to keep you happy) but thats impossible. SORRY !!!

I've been reading dog blogs lately. It's shocking how nasty people get.

Maybe the deeper question is why so many animal lovers don't like other people? Do we have so many DA and HA dogs because there are lots of DA and HA owners?

Dogs aren't capable of much, so you don't have to put yourself on the line and be vulnerable as you do with other people.

One can also project pretty much what one wants to onto a dog to meet one's own emotional needs because a dog can't correct the narratives and scripts that humans come up with.

I think the people who put their dogs in sweaters and skirts while simpering "come to mummy", while pathetic, are often less dangerous than people who consider themselves on special mission to demonstrate their superiority to the great unwashed. This manifests everywhere, and perhaps nowhere more strongly than in rescue tho' trainers, breeders & exhibitors also get caught up in it.

There's a whole rant I have brewing in my head on this subject and it's been brewing for a month or two but this thread is probably not the place for it. I'll probably inflict it on Diva or Telida Whippets over lunch one day instead :angel:

There's a whole rant I have brewing in my head on this subject and it's been brewing for a month or two but this thread is probably not the place for it. I'll probably inflict it on Diva or Telida Whippets over lunch one day instead :angel:

:rofl: hey wait for me, Mags. I'm bringing Pancake out to the specialty shows at Easter to meet you. I'll ask you if she looks nice in her little dolly dress. :rofl:

:rofl: hey wait for me, Mags. I'm bringing Pancake out to the specialty shows at Easter to meet you. I'll ask you if she looks nice in her little dolly dress. :rofl:

I wish you luck keeping her in it for long enough to ask. ;) Hope she's up for some Whippet slap down!

I wish you luck keeping her in it for long enough to ask. ;)

Pav Lova made it with double velcro so the little darling cant escape from it.

And to humanise her even more, she's rather like me - bounces back pretty quickly from a slap down so a whippy slap down wont hurt much.

Edited by raz

I wish you luck keeping her in it for long enough to ask. ;)

Pav Lova made it with double velcro so the little darling cant escape from it.

And to humanise her even more, she's rather like me - bounces back pretty quickly from a slap down so a whippy slap down wont hurt much.

It wasn't the Pug I was worried about... :laugh:

I've never understood why some parents feel they have a right to feed their kids before they pay for the goods! :mad

Have you ever tried to shop with a 2-3 yr old?? Its the worst thing ever and if I have to give my son something to eat to shut him up in the supermarket ,I will. I am after all paying for it!! Seriously some people ought to mind there own business. I'm sure all the child haters would prefer my toddler to be happily munching on something than screaming the place down. Sheeze, you just can't win. AND don't ask me to bring food from home as the supermarket workers think you may have stolen it . AND don't ask me to feed my child before or after I shop, they are not machines that are programed to eat when you want them too, as much as I would love that!. I would of course prefer not to have a hungry kid with me at all when I shop ( just to keep you happy) but thats impossible. SORRY !!!

Geez no need to blow a gasket. If you had been following the thread you would have noticed that Liz is not a child hater and has some of her own. Perhaps she can explain how she manages it.

I think the bigger problem is the people who don't pay for things they eat.

When OH worked at Woolies they used to have to throw out a lot of yoghurt because kids used to come along and break the lids on them.

Hope you have selected co-ordinated booties and a bonnet - will she be travelling in a LV knock off handbag or by pram?

Hope you have selected co-ordinated booties and a bonnet - will she be travelling in a LV knock off handbag or by pram?

Please God let it be by pram... I want to watch exhibitors' faces as Raz wheels her up to us. :rofl:

Edited by Telida Whippets

Geez no need to blow a gasket. If you had been following the thread you would have noticed that Liz is not a child hater and has some of her own. Perhaps she can explain how she manages it.

I think the bigger problem is the people who don't pay for things they eat.

When OH worked at Woolies they used to have to throw out a lot of yoghurt because kids used to come along and break the lids on them.

I have never taken anything of the shelf and opened it to feed to my kids.

I took a small esky bag with a sandwich a wtaer bottle and a snack bar or two. I never wanted the kids to think they could nag at me to get something off the shelf for them to eat so I always went prepared. Oh actually once I did get a packet of rusks and open them as I didn't have any at home and was buying them anyway. I made sure my son didn't see me get them, I opened them out of his vision then gave him one as I normally did.

I found a little organisation and there was no problem.

What's funny? The fact that it supports Greytmate's hormonal comments about parents or the fact that it suggests that we non-parents might be sociopathic, psychopathic, narcissistic or manipulative?

Or the fact that it insults every last one of us whichever side we're on?

Yes, it's funny how a lot of people with kids make comments about how people without kids are "selfish". The only reasons to ever have a child are selfish, while there are several reason for not having kids that aren't selfish. Such as caring for the environment.

People who have kids usually have them because they like kids, because they WANT kids, because they have an urge to have kids (biological clock), to pass on their family name, to please their parents, to have an heir, to have someone to take care of them when they are old, to see how their genes turn out etc. And all of the reasons are selfish. No one ever has kids just because they wanted another human on the planet to experience how great life is, which is the only unselfish reason I can think of, and one I have never heard anyone mention when asked why they had kids.

What's funny? The fact that it supports Greytmate's hormonal comments about parents or the fact that it suggests that we non-parents might be sociopathic, psychopathic, narcissistic or manipulative?

Or the fact that it insults every last one of us whichever side we're on?

Yes, it's funny how a lot of people with kids make comments about how people without kids are "selfish". The only reasons to ever have a child are selfish, while there are several reason for not having kids that aren't selfish. Such as caring for the environment.

People who have kids usually have them because they like kids, because they WANT kids, because they have an urge to have kids (biological clock), to pass on their family name, to please their parents, to have an heir, to have someone to take care of them when they are old, to see how their genes turn out etc. And all of the reasons are selfish. No one ever has kids just because they wanted another human on the planet to experience how great life is, which is the only unselfish reason I can think of, and one I have never heard anyone mention when asked why they had kids.

Great post fuzzy

:eek: How very dare you!! :eek:

I know. I'm such a bad dog owner. I had someone tell me off one day because I called her a runt rather than a teacup. I said - gee my dog who has a dessicated pea for a brain even knows the difference between a runt and a teacup. I dont think I made a friend that day :rofl:

Looking forward to meeting you and Keshwar. You two and Poodie can feed me to the hounds for making my runt walk on a lead rather than carry her in a Paris Hilton style handbag. You know, I'm just too lazy. She has 4 legs so she can bloody well use them.

Aussie - poor Pancake? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll drop her off at your place for a week and I'll guarantee you one thing...when she wakes you up at 3am every morning for 7 days in a row you'll be thinking something else.

:eek: How very dare you!! :eek:

I know. I'm such a bad dog owner. I had someone tell me off one day because I called her a runt rather than a teacup. I said - gee my dog who has a dessicated pea for a brain even knows the difference between a runt and a teacup. I dont think I made a friend that day :rofl:

Looking forward to meeting you and Keshwar. You two and Poodie can feed me to the hounds for making my runt walk on a lead rather than carry her in a Paris Hilton style handbag. You know, I'm just too lazy. She has 4 legs so she can bloody well use them.

Aussie - poor Pancake? :rofl::rofl::rofl: I'll drop her off at your place for a week and I'll guarantee you one thing...when she wakes you up at 3am every morning for 7 days in a row you'll be thinking something else.

We're going to need shots of Zac (Irish Wolfhound for those who don't know him) and Cakes together - but be prepared for IW slobber!! :scared:

Edited by Telida Whippets