Animal Lovers That Dislike Children

LizT

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes, it's funny how a lot of people with kids make comments about how people without kids are "selfish". The only reasons to ever have a child are selfish, while there are several reason for not having kids that aren't selfish. Such as caring for the environment.

People who have kids usually have them because they like kids, because they WANT kids, because they have an urge to have kids (biological clock), to pass on their family name, to please their parents, to have an heir, to have someone to take care of them when they are old, to see how their genes turn out etc. And all of the reasons are selfish. No one ever has kids just because they wanted another human on the planet to experience how great life is, which is the only unselfish reason I can think of, and one I have never heard anyone mention when asked why they had kids.

Whilst I can't fault your logic, I can assure you that after you actually have them, all selfishness quickly disappears!

Yes, it's funny how a lot of people with kids make comments about how people without kids are "selfish". The only reasons to ever have a child are selfish, while there are several reason for not having kids that aren't selfish. Such as caring for the environment.

People who have kids usually have them because they like kids, because they WANT kids, because they have an urge to have kids (biological clock), to pass on their family name, to please their parents, to have an heir, to have someone to take care of them when they are old, to see how their genes turn out etc. And all of the reasons are selfish. No one ever has kids just because they wanted another human on the planet to experience how great life is, which is the only unselfish reason I can think of, and one I have never heard anyone mention when asked why they had kids.

Whilst I can't fault your logic, I can assure you that after you actually have them, all selfishness quickly disappears!

True, I'm sure people with kids become less selfish after having them, but having them in the first place is always for selfish reasons.

True, I'm sure people with kids become less selfish after having them, but having them in the first place is always for selfish reasons.

Don't get me wrong, if I could still be selfish about it, I would :laugh: They just place an awful lot of demands on my time/money/patience/entertainment options/clothes/love life/dignity/everything that I once enjoyed...

32 pages of horsecrap biggrin.gif live & let live.

you know what's really funny, GT - all the people who say they dont like little kids are probably donating money to the scammers ripping people off with this Look At Me I'm a Film Maker Let's Lock Up Kony carry on to save the children in Uganda. :rofl:

not for everyone. a couple told me I should have a kid so theirs would have someone to go to school with. sounds pretty selfish to me.

I've never understood why some parents feel they have a right to feed their kids before they pay for the goods! :mad

Have you ever tried to shop with a 2-3 yr old?? Its the worst thing ever and if I have to give my son something to eat to shut him up in the supermarket ,I will. I am after all paying for it!! Seriously some people ought to mind there own business. I'm sure all the child haters would prefer my toddler to be happily munching on something than screaming the place down. Sheeze, you just can't win. AND don't ask me to bring food from home as the supermarket workers think you may have stolen it . AND don't ask me to feed my child before or after I shop, they are not machines that are programed to eat when you want them too, as much as I would love that!. I would of course prefer not to have a hungry kid with me at all when I shop ( just to keep you happy) but thats impossible. SORRY !!!

Coles has an excellent shopping delivery service, order on their website and they deliver to your door for about $10 extra. I hear Woolworths' one is good these days too.

I for one plan to do the vaaaaast majority of my shopping this way once I have a kid!

not for everyone. a couple told me I should have a kid so theirs would have someone to go to school with. sounds pretty selfish to me.

Surely that's just a throwaway line? I think that's pretty cute from new parents 'Hey why dont you have one so our kids can be besties'. If they were serious, that's a different matter.

Surely that's just a throwaway line? I think that's pretty cute from new parents 'Hey why dont you have one so our kids can be besties'. If they were serious, that's a different matter.

nope, they were definitely serious..that and "she needs a cousin" to which I reply that she already has four, how many does she need?

Edited by Cat

nope, they were definitely serious..

Well in that case I hope you shot back with something like - how about you learn to be a responsible parent and look after your own kid when he goes to school rather than put the pressure on me to make a babysitter for the little darling.

You know, I think a lot of this angst about whether people like kids or not arises from the "why can't people be more like me" mindset.

I think a lot of folk can be a bit intimidated by people who challenge their values and the way they look at the world. Far easier not to be confronted by the choices made by folk who think differently to you.

Or from the kid loving side of the house, they know that misery loves company :bolt:

Seriously does it really MATTER if some folk don't like or want to have children? God knows they'll pay their taxes to support yours anyway. :shrug:

You know, I think a lot of this angst about whether people like kids or not arises from the "why can't people be more like me" mindset.

I think a lot of folk can be a bit intimidated by people who challenge their values and the way they look at the world. Far easier not to be confronted by the choices made by folk who think differently to you.

Or from the kid loving side of the house, they know that misery loves company :bolt:

Seriously does it really MATTER if some folk don't like or want to have children? God knows they'll pay their taxes to support yours anyway. :shrug:

Yeah I'd agree, It's natural to be surprised when people are different.

But imagine if we were all the same, there'd be kids bloody everywhere lol

I've never understood why some parents feel they have a right to feed their kids before they pay for the goods! :mad

Have you ever tried to shop with a 2-3 yr old?? Its the worst thing ever and if I have to give my son something to eat to shut him up in the supermarket ,I will. I am after all paying for it!! Seriously some people ought to mind there own business. I'm sure all the child haters would prefer my toddler to be happily munching on something than screaming the place down. Sheeze, you just can't win. AND don't ask me to bring food from home as the supermarket workers think you may have stolen it . AND don't ask me to feed my child before or after I shop, they are not machines that are programed to eat when you want them too, as much as I would love that!. I would of course prefer not to have a hungry kid with me at all when I shop ( just to keep you happy) but thats impossible. SORRY !!!

Coles has an excellent shopping delivery service, order on their website and they deliver to your door for about $10 extra. I hear Woolworths' one is good these days too.

I for one plan to do the vaaaaast majority of my shopping this way once I have a kid!

I hope for your sake they improve their service by the time you start your family, I have tried both, plus one ( I can't remember their name ) Green Groceries are us? I tried them for about 10 mths. Every 2nd order had several items 'out of stock' or miserable fruit veg. Found I was having to go out to shop anyway to replace them. Though I may have to start to use them again if I'm now being judged for opening a packet of bickies before I pay for them. All to keep the peace in the supermarket!

God knows they'll pay their taxes to support yours anyway. :shrug:

Trouble-maker :laugh: It's us "breeders" who will be financing your retirement! Selflessly keeping our economy running with fresh grist for the mill.

Trouble-maker :laugh: It's us "breeders" who will be financing your retirement! Selflessly keeping our economy running with fresh grist for the mill.

If your kids will be financing my retirement, I consider it fair return for funding your child care rebates, baby bonuses, and other bribes that successive govts fork out to get your vote. :)

And we need to breed the younguns or else who is going to change our depends in the future anyway I had mine for the inheritance

JUST JOKING

I hope for your sake they improve their service by the time you start your family, I have tried both, plus one ( I can't remember their name ) Green Groceries are us? I tried them for about 10 mths. Every 2nd order had several items 'out of stock' or miserable fruit veg. Found I was having to go out to shop anyway to replace them. Though I may have to start to use them again if I'm now being judged for opening a packet of bickies before I pay for them. All to keep the peace in the supermarket!

Could always just leave them with the grandparents/aunty/baby sitter on the day you do the shopping, don't have to bring them with you

If your kids will be financing my retirement, I consider it fair return for funding your child care rebates, baby bonuses, and other bribes that successive govts fork out to get your vote. :)

I hate to out-cynic you, but vote-getting is only the short-term aim of incentivising human breeding. Birth rates have dropped below replacement, which is a massive (and well acknowledged) problem for the years to come. Cheap investment, I reckon!

Hmmm, seems hard to imagine the world is running out of people to stock it. We seem to be sucking the earth dry as it is!

When you hear of the Brazilian government deforresting parts of the Amazon to find food producing land it's something to worry about and Im sure will spread to other countries :(

Edited by Roova

Guest lavendergirl

Hmmm, seems hard to imagine the world is running out of people to stock it. We seem to be sucking the earth dry as it is!

When you hear of the Brazilian government deforresting parts of the Amazon to find food producing land it's something to worry about and Im sure will spread to other countries :(

Well they should buy up some of our agricultural land like many other countries are doing - we don't know how much has been sold off though because our wonderful government does not bother to keep a register.