Camera Strap

piper

I have discovered that the strap on the camera I bought last year is nowhere near as comfortable as the 1 on my previous camera. After a trip to an open plan zoo yesterday my neck was killing me so I have decided to look into a better strap.

I was looking at these: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Rapid-RS-7-ConnectR-2-Additional/dp/B004HPKF7M/ref=sr_1_2?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1331465372&sr=1-2 or similar but it seems they can only be used on the left shoulder and I have a left shoulder injury so can't carry anything on that shoulder.

Does anyone has any suggestions as to nice comfrotable neck straps for carrying a dslr around for hours? I was also wondering if a wrist strap was worth getting too?

Lowerpr used to have the best bouncey one (it was a shock absorber) but they seemed to have stopped making them. I couldnt find anything that was even close so ended up just taking them off my old cameras and putting them on the new one. Cannot use the ones that come with them they are like wood on the neck so I need the shock absorder version.

Rubiton - I agree, the strap on this camera is AWFUL and no padding at all. The old 1 was really nice and quite padded across the back of the neck.

I have seen a lowepro 1 advertised but it doesn't appear to be a shock absorber 1. The crumpler 1s look comfy, might have to find out where they are stocked to check 1 out.

I think I did get one of op tech neoprene ones but it wasnt anywhere near as good as the lowerpro neoprene ones they had.

I couldnt carry my camera over the shoulder or on my BACK - its goes around my neck and hangs right there in front of me where I can see and protect it. But then if Im walking at speed and carrying it I tend to hold it up with one arm at times.

I was going to get a black rapid 1 but the issue is they can only be worn over the left shoulder - I have a left shoulder injury so can't have it going just across that shoulder. Even on the eck strap the pressure makes my shoulder sore after awhile so no way I could do the diagonal strap. I cant even carry my hand bag on my left shoulder. And it seems when I have looked that all the shoulder straps have the camera on the right of the body so the strap going over the left shoulder unfortunately :(

I was going to get a black rapid 1 but the issue is they can only be worn over the left shoulder - I have a left shoulder injury so can't have it going just across that shoulder. Even on the eck strap the pressure makes my shoulder sore after awhile so no way I could do the diagonal strap. I cant even carry my hand bag on my left shoulder. And it seems when I have looked that all the shoulder straps have the camera on the right of the body so the strap going over the left shoulder unfortunately :(

I'm wondering why you cant put in on your right shoulder? I have a black rapid and I think I could wear it on my right if I wanted to, although must confess to never trying.

Mine might be a different model, it doesn't go on my camera, it's permanently fixed onto my big lens.

Edited by Kirislin

I put the stap on my right shoulder so the camera sits at my left hip or I swing it around to be at my lower back (which felt weird at first). I don't think it matters which shoulder you use :)

Oh cool. Thanks :) I was going by the reviews on it that mentioned it was only suitable for left shoulder and camera on right. Even without my shoulder problem I would prefer it the other way just because I am left handed.

• 1 month later...

I finally ended up ordering the Blackrapid strap and it arrived today. It fits fine on the right shoulder, just the camera is possibly not as easy to grab as it would be around the other way but still quick and easy enough. And it is so comfortable, the camera feels so much lighter now. I am sure my neck and shoulder will appreciate this.