Dogs And Food

VJB

My BC takes about two days to eat a couple of handfuls of dog pellets....of any kind! So I've given up on that and waiting for him to starve before he eats..... He eats tin food - or at least half of it!!! So I'll just have to give him that... I give him bones and chicken frames and he LOVES them - takes them off somewhere and gnaws at it :D

He's fairly picky...and he can't really afford to be - such a naturally light on dog...definitely improved from when I got him though.

Anyway. Enough waffling. I'm so envious of all you people who's dogs eat their food!!!

My BC takes about two days to eat a couple of handfuls of dog pellets....of any kind! So I've given up on that and waiting for him to starve before he eats..... He eats tin food - or at least half of it!!! So I'll just have to give him that... I give him bones and chicken frames and he LOVES them - takes them off somewhere and gnaws at it :D

He's fairly picky...and he can't really afford to be - such a naturally light on dog...definitely improved from when I got him though.

Anyway. Enough waffling. I'm so envious of all you people who's dogs eat their food!!!

My Aussie is similar, she loves raw which is what they get mostly but she just isnt interested in dry. I'm always trying to keep weight on her too the nutcase lol

Edited by Aussie3

My Aussie is similar, she loves raw which is what they get mostly but she just isnt interested in dry. I'm always trying to keep weight on her too the nutcase lol

Glad I'm not the only one!!

And when I put it in the bowl he's standing there as though he's starving. Then he looks at it, might have a mouthful then nicks off! Silly boy...

(Although sometimes I give him an egg with his food and he luurrrves it!)

Depends whether its Breakfast or dinner meals....

Breakfast is Archie going nuts, crying. He gets dry food, which he spills over the floor then vacuums it up.

Dinner is wet food. If he is outside when the meal is placed on the floor, you open the door and he will run, trip, fall and slide his way into the lounge to his bowl. Heaven help anyone who gets in the way, he just rams them regardless. If the meal is given while he is inside, he will cry a little, then when he stands as still as he can be, we give him the bowl. He vacuums it up too.

Lynn

Glad I'm not the only one!!

And when I put it in the bowl he's standing there as though he's starving. Then he looks at it, might have a mouthful then nicks off! Silly boy...

(Although sometimes I give him an egg with his food and he luurrrves it!)

:laugh: Yep, we do that too, an egg, some sardines, touch of milk etc and she wolfs it, fussy bitch :laugh:

Edited by Aussie3

My two are very exicited while i'm making dinner but they must sit while i place the bowl on the floor and can't touch it until i say ok. Bear sniffs and eats a bit, walks off to check something out and comes back eventually. Duke has a go slow bowl as he scoffs it down as fast as possible.

My three (all Pugs) all inhale their food within seconds. Big Foot could be standing in front of them and the only thing they would be focussed on is their dinner. People think that I am dedicated when I say I watch them eat to ensure Monte (my epileptic) gets his meds.... but in reality it is all over and done with in seconds. :laugh:

well my lot do the whole one of 2 things...

they either wait in their spot... or they wait and watch you dish up then run and sit in their spot.

then they eat in 30 seconds flat... swap bowls and check for stray biscuits. :rofl: :rofl: not that there are any...

poor spotty kids..

Ours wait for the command before they eat. The viz will occasionally sneak a mouthful as we put food in the kelpies bowl or while he's waiting for the command. As soon as we look at him and tell him to spit them out (sometimes not needed) he'll spit the bikkies back out, sometimes doing it in one go, other times he'll pretend they're all gone but they're not. His facial features always give him away, and a spit it out will get him to drop the rest :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: Reduces us to fits of laughter without fail.

Mine don't eat from bowls. In the morning they get treat calls/kings, they sit in their crates, I put the food down, stand up , they have to look up at me, wait and then give the release word. In the evenings they fo obedience or agility training to get their food. On the weekends Lucy gets a lot of her food doing training around people (she is fearful).

Edited by megan_

My OH always feeds the dogs, they are given their bowls on opposite sides of the breakfast bar and that is where they wait. Hamish will always finish first and then goes and politely waits behind Tyson to finish off the leftovers!!

Paddy still hasn't associated any words with his meal times...that being said once his cupboard in the laundry is opened to get his biscuits out he does a happy dance around me for however long it takes me to decide and sort out what he's having (eggs and bones are the biggest hit here, although he will quite merrily eat plain dry food if I've got someone else feeding him!) Once it's ready he races ahead of me and sits as still as he can where he is fed - once I've put it down he trembles like crazy but won't move until he's given his release word (to the point I had my mum call me at work to find out what was wrong with the dog as he wouldn't eat for her but was obviously hungry! :rofl: :rofl: ) Once he's been given the okay, the food is GONE. We do love our food here :)