5th Mdba Awards Nominations And Winners

grumpette

yes yes yes.. my sentiments as well. when i saw the finished quilt it brought tears to my eyes... then i turned around and there she was...ERNY in person..

H

Oooooh ..... at the risk of turning this thread into a Erny hugging group thread, I have to say :hug: to you Helen. And where the heck were you on Sunday morning after the MDBA Awards night? I rang your room at around 8am and then just before check-out, a bit after 10am, but both times no answer. Had been hoping to catch you at breakfast!! ?? Either way, I know you would have had good reason, but I'm sorry that I missed you. I hope everything was ok when you got back home.

I don't know how she is living with it and not blubbering.I still have a bit of a sook when I think of it now and then.

Lol .... Now that I'm pretty much back to 'self' I don't cry outwardly that much anymore (well, that's what I'm back to telling people, lol), but I promise that my heart fills to overflowing when I think of every patch and every stitch that's gone into making that Quilt. I love it. Not just for what it is, but for the essence of spirit that it represents.

Hugs to you too, Jules. You're a lovely person :hug: .

Edited by Erny

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On behalf of Pets at Peace CW I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in these awards, we are thrilled with the win in our category again :) Unfortunately Shane was unable to attend this year (due to him preparing for a trip to Hawaii with his darling wife for a special wedding anniversary), but he is thrilled!

Congrats, Pets at Peace. Tough job .... nobody would ever be laughing when you arrive, yet you guys make it a bit nicer for the heart to bear. Well deserved win. :)

On behalf of Pets at Peace CW I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in these awards, we are thrilled with the win in our category again :) Unfortunately Shane was unable to attend this year (due to him preparing for a trip to Hawaii with his darling wife for a special wedding anniversary), but he is thrilled!

Well better tell him to start planning any wedding anniversary do's for next year around Canberra - It was a good night and we missed them.

Oooooh ..... at the risk of turning this thread into a Erny hugging group thread, I have to say :hug: to you Helen. And where the heck were you on Sunday morning after the MDBA Awards night? I rang your room at around 8am and then just before check-out, a bit after 10am, but both times no answer. Had been hoping to catch you at breakfast!! ?? Either way, I know you would have had good reason, but I'm sorry that I missed you. I hope everything was ok when you got back home.

sorry.. i was waiting for errant son who did not show up... sigh. i am sorry imissed you as well but oh so delighted to see you looking so well and even more delighted to be able to wrap you in DOL "positive energy,love and support" may you alway feel protected sleeping beneath it or wrapped in it.

Helen

Well better tell him to start planning any wedding anniversary do's for next year around Canberra - It was a good night and we missed them.

Shall do :)

MDBA Student: Joyce White

Thank you to the faculty for nominating me. I am truly grateful. Unfortunately I couldn't get to the ceremony so a huge thanks to Heather and Kelly from Adelaide All Breed Dog Rescue for accepting on my behalf. Congratulations to everyone who was nominated and to those of you who won in your categories. Recognition among peers is such an honour.

Thank you to the faculty for nominating me. I am truly grateful. Unfortunately I couldn't get to the ceremony so a huge thanks to Heather and Kelly from Adelaide All Breed Dog Rescue for accepting on my behalf. Congratulations to everyone who was nominated and to those of you who won in your categories. Recognition among peers is such an honour.

Canberra next year Joyce. Pencil it in.

I wonder if he can take 30kg off me and make me look about 20 years younger - might take a bit more than air brushing lol :rofl::rofl:

Beautiful! post-199-0-56008500-1333351472_thumb.gif

Yes well what can I say - its all in how you wear the Tiara girls :eek::rofl:

Canberra next year Joyce. Pencil it in.

Done!

Hell Ive seen the other photos - he wasn't real posh with some of the air brushing was he? eek1.gif

lol.. isnt it awful when you see someone who looks a bit like you think you will look in lets say 20 or so years and then the realisation that :eek::eek::eek::eek:

it is you!!!!!!

have experienced that so many times lately that there is a a faint murmer of "facelift, facelift facelift" starting to build. then sanity strikes and tells me it is far too late and perhaps i'll take the veil

helen

Hell Ive seen the other photos - he wasn't real posh with some of the air brushing was he? eek1.gif

I've got my list of "deletes" ready for him. I look shocking in many of the photos - :eek: . And DBS .... you're right!!! I looked at the first photo of me, stopped at it because it had similarities but seemed simultaneously foreign. David needs a slap on the wrist for letting those slide without photo-shopping. :scold:

Jules - NO publishing of any photo of me without my permission, ok? :scared::o

ETA: I love the one of Helen giving me the hug, wrapping me further in the love and spirit that the quilt, already around me, gives.

And btw, I thought the photo's of you were lovely :).

Edited by Erny

I've got my list of "deletes" ready for him. I look shocking in many of the photos - :eek: . And DBS .... you're right!!! I looked at the first photo of me, stopped at it because it had similarities but seemed simultaneously foreign. David needs a slap on the wrist for letting those slide without photo-shopping. :scold:

Jules - NO publishing of any photo of me without my permission, ok? :scared::o

Nup no agreement for me to hold em back. If mine have to go up so do yours.

Might make the next one a masquerade ball. laugh.gif

Edited by Steve