5th Mdba Awards Nominations And Winners

grumpette

O.k Im finally back home and wanted to say what a great night it was and to thank everyone who made it that way.

To everyone who was nominated and who nominated someone - thank you so much for allowing us to be able to make the positive things people do for dogs to shine.

To everyone who attended - I know what a huge trek it was for some and even those who live close by had to make a large effort to get there.

It was disappointing that some who we expected - Felicity and Andrew didn't make it as they were flooded in and I hope life is a bit easier now.

If I ever have any complaint about the awards it is that I never feel I get enough time to spend to personally say how happy I am to see you there.

It really is a full on period and its difficult to get to you all and spend a few personal minutes with you. Puppy Sniffer I was trying to get to you all night to say thank you for your offer to help and say hello - Im sorry I didnt get there.

Without exception every single one who was nominated truly deserved that recognition and to those who attended and helped us to say job well done and share a meal as we celebrated the great things that happen in the dog world - Thank you

Canberra is already coming together and nominations will be opened again soon. Couple of category changes too.

The only sour note is that when I got home my computer has bitten the dust - have all my stuff including nominations etc on external hard drives but I've lost my emails so its going to take a minute to get back to you all. Bear with me.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To those of you who contributed a square or two to Erny's quilt - I wish you could have seen how magnificent it looked in person .When I first got it back after it had been put together each time I looked at it and saw the feeling and effort people who visit this forum made in order to let one of us know how much they are thought of I cried and to be able to use enough words to explain how dogz is truly a great community and has literally changed so many people's lives would take me all night.

I hope Troy knows how much his forum has impacted on so many things and in case I haven't said thank you often enough - Thank you Troy.

Thank you Erny for being such a warm and beautiful person and it was good to see you back to your old self and be able to share in the presentation of the quilt for you - something you can look at and know every day for the rest of your life that you are not alone and that people care for you.

Julie

Wow just home from Brisbane via Canberra - feeling slightly bleary eyed ... wonder why wonderful night. Drove all the way from Canberra to Woodstock in my Tiara - waving Royaly at the passing traffic. Rather amuzing at the traffic lights. Met hubby in the Tiara and sash when he came home from work - he was rather amused :rofl:

Thankyou for whomever nominated us and the judges that selected us - great night fun was had by all :)

All Credit to Julie & Leslie and the team for holding such a smooth presentation. :thumbsup:

I said it on the night Pauline but will say it again here - you're it . If ever I had a hope of what a master Breeder would do you are a perfect example and we are very proud to have you with us and to be able to put a spot light on how hard you have worked to get it right.

Julie .... How did the donated Happy Paws Training Treats Sample Packs do as raffle items ?

Will email you to explain but we had a bit of a hitch so will do it as a raffle for Pacers now we are back.

This will enable me to spread the word more about how awesome you and your treats are rather than keep it confined to the room on the night etc

We had two things to raffle - Happy Paws Training Treats and the Best Friend 5 day Holiday and didn't sell a single ticket ! Will explain privately.

Congratulations to all the winners and nominees. I think the award nights is one of the dog worlds highlight of the year - it certainly restores my faith by seeing and meeting the many truly wonderful people and listening to things that many have done.

Unfortunately due to a single puppy litter and a very wayward mother I was unable to attend. Klaus and our good friend Lisa Hemming did though and rang me at 12.30am to tell me I had won the Dianne Gunn Scarcella Award. Naturally I didn't believe them and checked the computer first thing this morning.

My goodness what a shock - and what an honour - I can't believe that I deserve this wonderful award.

Hope all who attended had a wonderful night - I shall look forward to Canberra next year.

I was disappointed you couldn't be there - next time bring the bitch and the puppy with you.

You deserve it alright .The work you do to try to get it right for your breed and your dogs but also the stuff you do for the promotion of purebred dogs and the dog world is huge and it was our honour to be able to say so and let the rest of the world know what we know .

Nancy Keck is making a tremendous effort to get it right for the dog world and leave behind something positive for the future of purebred dogs and dogs in general.

I would like to say CONGRATULATIONS to Heather at ADELAIDE ALL BREED DOG RESCUE for her PACERS award, well done!

Also congratulations to Kelly for her Foster Of the year award :thumbsup:

Well done to all of the nominees and winners for all categories. See u next year :)

Its hard to say effectively why Heather was nominated and won this award as much of the detail has to be kept confidential but suffice to say we appreciated her and what she did to help Pacers more than we could ever say.

Without out her running in to help us in a most upsetting situation the outcome wouldn't have been as good for a dozen dogs or the owner. To every person who helped us throughout the past year to enable dogs to be kept safe and their owners supported via every small thing and large they have contributed to Pacers - huge - thank you but stick around Im about to ask you for just a little more. wink.gif

And of course - the poor judges . What an awesome job you all did .Most categories were so close and even to a point where we had no choice but to give two winners in some categories. I know it took up a large chunk of your lives and I really wanted to say thank you to you all here too.

Julie

It really is a full on period and its difficult to get to you all and spend a few personal minutes with you. Puppy Sniffer I was trying to get to you all night to say thank you for your offer to help and say hello - Im sorry I didnt get there.

At the very least you could've gotten me to 'closely supervise' the very tasty photographer! I had a ball meeting new peeps and could see you were very busy. At least now I can picture you when you post instead of some bloke called Steve!

I've already asked him to go heavy with the airbrushing on any with me in it.

Bloody hell its no wonder its taking him so long then rofl1.gifrofl1.gif I asked him to do that for me too.

:rofl: ..... me too !!

ETA: Of me, I mean, Julie .... not of you :o.

Edited by Erny

I've already asked him to go heavy with the airbrushing on any with me in it.

Bloody hell its no wonder its taking him so long then rofl1.gifrofl1.gif I asked him to do that for me too.

:rofl: ..... me too !!

ETA: Of me, I mean, Julie .... not of you :o.

I hope there's one of you getting a hug wrapped in the community quilt Erny. That was beautiful. :)

...the quilt ... something you can look at and know every day for the rest of your life that you are not alone and that people care for you. ...

That's the absolute beauty of it, Steve.

To those of you who contributed a square or two to Erny's quilt - I wish you could have seen how magnificent it looked in person .When I first got it back after it had been put together each time I looked at it and saw the feeling and effort people who visit this forum made in order to let one of us know how much they are thought of I cried and to be able to use enough words to explain how dogz is truly a great community and has literally changed so many people's lives would take me all night.

I hope Troy knows how much his forum has impacted on so many things and in case I haven't said thank you often enough - Thank you Troy.

Thank you Erny for being such a warm and beautiful person and it was good to see you back to your old self and be able to share in the presentation of the quilt for you - something you can look at and know every day for the rest of your life that you are not alone and that people care for you.

Julie

yes yes yes.. my sentiments as well. when i saw the finished quilt it brought tears to my eyes... then i turned around and there she was...ERNY in person..

H

On behalf of Pets at Peace CW I would like to say thank you to everyone involved in these awards, we are thrilled with the win in our category again :) Unfortunately Shane was unable to attend this year (due to him preparing for a trip to Hawaii with his darling wife for a special wedding anniversary), but he is thrilled!