Extra Entry Passes For Sydney Royal

They dont check the dogs stonecutter, just the people.

You drive to the drop off area, unload the dogs/gear. Then one of you stays inside with the dogs, and one of you goes and parks the car. Or if you dont mind the push, you can go straight to the carpark and push dogs/gear across.

A normal ticket can get you in before 9am if you go in the exhibitor entry, yes.

Do you need a special ticket to park in this carpark? I am going to help a friend show, but we are arriving from Brisbane at 7:30am and going straight to the Royal. Is this a general public carpark, or is this just the exhibitor one?

Thanks.

Exhibitor parking had to be pre-booked and paid with your entries I believe. There is also public parking that must be pre-booked at least 7 days in advance according to the website

http://www.eastershow.com.au/info/parking.aspx

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The showlink ticket includes transport to the grounds. If you are driving there I wouldn't buy a showlink ticket, just pay for entry at the gate. If you are entering via the dog entrance then you probably won't need to worry about additional tickets. I just walk in like I own the place and nobody says boo... LOL

Havasneeze, the ONLY tickets are Showlink tickets according to the website, I really don't want to buy a Showlink ticket as I am obviously not catching public transport to the show. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you!! When I rang the Domestic Animals Co-ordinator's office, even they thought there was such a thing as a 'exhibitor entry pass' or a ticket without showlink attached, but then checked and she was 'pretty sure' she was wrong, and just get the Showlink. She even said that at one point this year they were going to start selling them, but the idea was nixed after she missed a meeting to decide the issue.

There seems to be a widespread confusion regarding this issue in general!!!!! Even within the differing departments of the RAS.

I understand that the bench slip gets in one, the extra pass another, but we have 3 people going so we need another pass on top of that. The only option I have is to buy a Showlink ticket off the website, and then if they won't let me in, argue the point on the day at the Exhibitor gate at 7am - a great start to the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankyou to everyone for your help!!

What day are you on? I have a spare entry ticket. I will be there on the first 2 days, Thursday & Friday.

It's the 6th of April we need the extra ticket for. this friday.

Do you need a special ticket to park in this carpark? I am going to help a friend show, but we are arriving from Brisbane at 7:30am and going straight to the Royal. Is this a general public carpark, or is this just the exhibitor one?

Thanks.

Exhibitor parking had to be pre-booked and paid with your entries I believe. There is also public parking that must be pre-booked at least 7 days in advance according to the website

http://www.eastershow.com.au/info/parking.aspx

Oh really? Damn, I didn't even enter.

How does that work with people going back on GS day then? Surely there's public carparks somewhere... We arrive at the airport at 7:30am on the Friday morning and were going to head straight to the Royal.

Hi,

Last year I drove in on two extra days, and parked in the multi level car park, which I didn't pre book and was $20......pretty sure it was P1 next to Acer Arena......give the RAS a call or maybe Acer Arena

Thanks.

http://www.eastersho...fo/parking.aspx

Oh really? Damn, I didn't even enter.

How does that work with people going back on GS day then? Surely there's public carparks somewhere... We arrive at the airport at 7:30am on the Friday morning and were going to head straight to the Royal.

Yeah the public carpark is P1 (the multi level one next to Acer Arena or Allphones if its called that now - the old Sydney Superdome LOL)

Yes your benching slip will get you in, if you need more tickets....entry is available at the turnstills before 9am as some of the judging in the main arena starts before 9am.

Stonecutter....be there early!! it is a bit like organised chaos sometimes!! I will be there as early as possible to set up my grooming tables and the naughty poo's :D

It is a fair hike to exhibitor parking...esp if you don't have a helper! You can still purchase exhibtor parking on the day in exh parking even if you didn't prebook....I have done it every year. I wised up this year though & prebooked a ticket thru RAS to P1...its closer & you can come & go as many times as you wish in 24hrs if you need to :thumbsup:

Just received by benching slip & stuff for my pussy cats.....it looks completely stuffed up. :eek: The day for judging on the slip is different to the day advertised in sch. & catalogues!!!! Am trying not to panic....will ring Deb in the morning!

Thanks Poodlemum :) I think I'll be bringing more gear to the royal than usual shows :laugh:

Is it ok to bring foldup chairs? I'm bringing my grooming box, trolley, a chair to sit on and an esky with food (all stacked in my trolley or on top of it!)

The showlink ticket includes transport to the grounds. If you are driving there I wouldn't buy a showlink ticket, just pay for entry at the gate. If you are entering via the dog entrance then you probably won't need to worry about additional tickets. I just walk in like I own the place and nobody says boo... LOL

Havasneeze, the ONLY tickets are Showlink tickets according to the website, I really don't want to buy a Showlink ticket as I am obviously not catching public transport to the show. I am thinking of doing the same thing as you!! When I rang the Domestic Animals Co-ordinator's office, even they thought there was such a thing as a 'exhibitor entry pass' or a ticket without showlink attached, but then checked and she was 'pretty sure' she was wrong, and just get the Showlink. She even said that at one point this year they were going to start selling them, but the idea was nixed after she missed a meeting to decide the issue.

There seems to be a widespread confusion regarding this issue in general!!!!! Even within the differing departments of the RAS.

I understand that the bench slip gets in one, the extra pass another, but we have 3 people going so we need another pass on top of that. The only option I have is to buy a Showlink ticket off the website, and then if they won't let me in, argue the point on the day at the Exhibitor gate at 7am - a great start to the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What day are you on? I have a spare entry ticket. I will be there on the first 2 days, Thursday & Friday.

If you happen to run into the Gestapo on the gate then I will have the spare ticket with me. Not sure what time I'm getting there but probably around 8.30am. Hope this helps....

If you happen to run into the Gestapo on the gate then I will have the spare ticket with me. Not sure what time I'm getting there but probably around 8.30am. Hope this helps....

thanks, ill look out for you!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Poodlemum :) I think I'll be bringing more gear to the royal than usual shows :laugh:

Is it ok to bring foldup chairs? I'm bringing my grooming box, trolley, a chair to sit on and an esky with food (all stacked in my trolley or on top of it!)

:laugh: ....I usually end up taking less to the Royal :thumbsup: ...No gazebo & walls etc.

I will have my trolley loaded up with a couple of folding chairs, grooming table,tack box, clothes & a esky full of drinks and nibblies :D All while trying to handle the 2 crazy poo's covered in slobber from the car trip. :doh:

ooh do we need to take chairs and grooming tables? I was under the impression there was some kind of bench seat like there is at the Brisbane Ekka?

Ahhhh..NO. Grooming table is a must. The bench is somewhere people put crates with dogs or dogs can sit in there that don't have major grooming with topknots & hairspay etc :laugh:

We generally sit in the benches and leave the dogs in the trolleys.

You can buy parking on the day, just park in the drop off area, go into the dog section office and they can sell you one there, or you can use the public parking.

ooh do we need to take chairs and grooming tables? I was under the impression there was some kind of bench seat like there is at the Brisbane Ekka?

Plush Puppy have a grooming area set up with about 8 tables at the end in the middle lot of benches...

Plush Puppy have a grooming area set up with about 8 tables at the end in the middle lot of benches...

Checked it out today....and my benches are directly opposite for saturday.....thank god as I will have 1 white slobbery poo pup when I arrive.

Wont be parking in P1 next year.....ended up walking heaps further :(

Checked it out today....and my benches are directly opposite for saturday.....thank god as I will have 1 white slobbery poo pup when I arrive.

Wont be parking in P1 next year.....ended up walking heaps further :(

Yes it's a bit of a hike from P1. Whilst it is a long walk from P5 it is actually closer than P1 and you don't have to play dodgems with the tourists

I hope someone can help me please I am sorry if this has been answere already, i am in a bit of a flap

Do I need to purchase more admission tickets??

There are 3 of us that will be attending. I have 2 admission tickets and a bench slip?

If I do need to buy more tickets, does anyone know where I can purschse these apart from online and can you buy just admission without the transport?

Thanks in advance

I hope someone can help me please I am sorry if this has been answere already, i am in a bit of a flap

Do I need to purchase more admission tickets??

There are 3 of us that will be attending. I have 2 admission tickets and a bench slip?

If I do need to buy more tickets, does anyone know where I can purschse these apart from online and can you buy just admission without the transport?

Thanks in advance

We had to show our bench slip to get past security and up to the drop off point. I'm an RAS member and they scanned my pass but the person in front of me just seemed to wander in with dogs in tow and didn't have to hand anything over. Apparently you can buy admission at the gate without the transport, you just can't buy it online or anywhere except at the gates. There is nowhere to buy a ticket at the dog entrance. If they make you have an extra ticket then you would have to walk all the way round to where there is a ticket office.

Hope this helps...