Boy Caught Tryin To Get In Our Back Yard

Atanquin

Yet another drama added to my life my naighbour caught a young boy climbing my fence to get in my back yard when I and OH was out.

Apprently she told him off and rang his parents about it, and I thanked her alot for catching him for me and ringing his parents.

But I'm worried about why he would climb my fence we don't have anything our back garden just a couple of palm trees. The only thing in the back garden is zorro.

OH said he knows the boy and he is good kid as far as he knows.

But well I'm worried just wondering of there was anything I could do, Im getting OH to put up some camera's so we can keep watch while I'm at work. But not sure of there was anything else I could do I don't like locking zorro up but I might do that to

No there no toys and he wouldn't say why he was there, the parents said they would have a good word to him about it. He is about 13 14 year old and lives right up the other end of the street.

I'm just glad I have good naighbours.

Im not worried about zorro biting the boy thank dog!! But he is such a people dog and I'm worried the boy might take him or do somthing to him as zorro is so trusting.

But the boy might have just wanted to play with him as he is such a friendly dog. Other thing is he might have wanted to get in the house.

But who knows I'm just going to get the camaras and I think I might put up a sign to. I'm not allowed to modify the fence as its a rental.

I might just keep zorro in the laundry I only work 6 hr shifts and OH is in and out all day as he runs his own business.

Goodness :eek:

I agree, I'd be concerned that he wasn't admitting why he was trying to get into your yard. Cameras and a sign are a very good idea and perhaps a chat with the parents in case they may be able to shed some light. Scary!

Hopefully there's nothing sinister going on there.

Sounds like the parents are responsible at least. I would be curious to know why he did it too.

When I read it, it made me wonder if he was trying to hide from someone (like a bully for example)?

Id be getting onto that asap... you never know with dogs as well, some strangers get welcomed into our house with a lick.... some are not so welcomed into the territory at all, dogs know which ones cant be trusted.

Sounds like my old GSD he trusted some people and not others if it was him I would be worried about the boy getting bitten, zorro likes everyone even the people I dont lol, there is one lady that sends shivers up my spine and I'm on edge with her I think takes drugs ( OH fixes her computer so I was at the house when she dropped it off) zorro despite my best effort to keep him away from her had to say hallo with lots of licks and tail wags and cuddles, which worries me as he would easily be taken.

OH has just told me he has ordered the camaras from his supplier, and I'm trying to find a site that does signs

Edited by Atanquin

when I was growing up we had a labrador who would let anyone in the backyard but not out again. Mum came home one day to find two policeman bailed up by the dog - thankfully this is over 40 years ago and the police got in trouble not the dog.

It may not have been sinister at all. Perhaps he was just wanting to visit and play with Zorro and he's simply not saying because he knows he was in the wrong.

I'd definitely look into stopping this too and it's lovely to hear that you've got nice neighbours who help keep an eye out when you're not home!

Did she ask him why? When i was a kid we use to jump into peoples backyards to get toys back that had ended up there. A dog wouldn't have ever put me off

Not an excuse but a possible reason. :confused:

When we were kids back in the dark ages we would cut through peoples yards to save going right around the block. A couple of quick "over the fences" and you were at your mates place. Maybe that's why the kid ain't talking.

I KNOW, I KNOW.... totally unacceptable...but we were kids. :o (hangs head in shame hoping no one sees the slight chuckle as she remembers the other things they got up to!)

Hopefully there's nothing sinister going on there.

Sounds like the parents are responsible at least. I would be curious to know why he did it too.

When I read it, it made me wonder if he was trying to hide from someone (like a bully for example)?

I agree, at 13 or 14, he's probably not wanting to "play" with Zorro, but he may not have been up to mischief either. Maybe he was trying to find somewhere he wouldn't be disturbed, a sneaky smoker maybe, or just had enough and wanted some time alone? Might have been hiding from parents, or needing space to cool off etc. He wouldn't admit to any of those things if confronted though.

Well he hasn't been back and the parents rang me to apolagize so think it has been nipped in the bud, I told the patents I was only worried for my dogs safety, and apprently he loves animals so no need to worry and they told me if he did it again I could call the police, and they really didn't know why he would do that as he is a good kid that hasn't done anything before

Anyway I thanked them for calling me to apolagize and told them I appreciated the call as not many parents around here would do that.

when I was growing up we had a labrador who would let anyone in the backyard but not out again. Mum came home one day to find two policeman bailed up by the dog - thankfully this is over 40 years ago and the police got in trouble not the dog.

OH had a phone call from company delivering goods - his instructions were to leave goods near the gate but delivery man said the dog didn't worry so he delivered into the back yard. Only problem was our German Shepherd was standing between him and the exit hence his call for help!!!

Well he hasn't been back and the parents rang me to apolagize so think it has been nipped in the bud, I told the patents I was only worried for my dogs safety, and apprently he loves animals so no need to worry and they told me if he did it again I could call the police, and they really didn't know why he would do that as he is a good kid that hasn't done anything before

Anyway I thanked them for calling me to apolagize and told them I appreciated the call as not many parents around here would do that.

that's a good resolution :)