I Love Lg's Roboking

Oceangirl

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow I got mine (the green one) from Harvey Norman for $350 a few months ago - must of been a great sale, or the sales person made a mistake? either way I love it..

My dog was a bit confused the first few times I ran it but now it doesn't bother her at all.

Ive seen a few of these robot vacuum cleaner threads on DOL and you've all got me convinced that they're awesome (any excuse to vacuum less!) My OH though is less that convinced... he thinks it's a just like buying one of those useless contraptions from Danoz Direct.

I'm thinking I might just sneakily buy one while he's overseas. Are you SURE they work well?

I have the Samsung Navibot and I love it! I also have a Dyson but I only need to use it once a week maximum as the NaviBot does such a good job! It’s so nice to come home to a clean house, and takes away a large chunk of the time it takes to clean.

My Keeshond boy HATES it, barks and cowers when it's on but my Cocker puppy is completely unfazed by it. I put them both outside now when it's going to make sure it doesn't get interrupted.

In regards to getting OH over the line Kiesha09 I told him he either has to vacuum every second day or we buy this, we had bought one within hours after giving the ultimatum! Hahaha

How do the robot vacuums go with items on the floor? Do they just go around them? I have a toddler and no matter how often I tidy, he has toys and random kitchen items scattered all over the floor.

Paula, as far as I know, anything it touches, like toys, bodies, furniture, animals etc, it just goes the other way. The first time it is put down it goes around in what appears to be a hicklety picklety confused state, but it is actually mapping out your room. Then it will go back and forth until its done it all. So anything it bumps into it will move away from.

It only picks up light things, I don't think it would try and eat something like a proper vacuum cleaner would.

I used to own a Dyson, but I hated it. So I gave it away and now I have a Miele, which is 100% on the Dyson, and actually used to get the animal fur off my material lounge, until I got rid of that and got 4 leather armchairs. But it would be a dream come true to only have to vacuum once a week and Roboking every second day.

Lynn

Wow I got mine (the green one) from Harvey Norman for $350 a few months ago - must of been a great sale, or the sales person made a mistake? either way I love it..

My dog was a bit confused the first few times I ran it but now it doesn't bother her at all.

yeah i think you've been lucky because every other price I've seen has been around the $700/$800 mark :)

Is there any difference between the colours (other than the colour ofcourse!)?

yeah i think you've been lucky because every other price I've seen has been around the $700/$800 mark :)

Is there any difference between the colours (other than the colour ofcourse!)?

I guess so.. :) I believe the only difference with the green and red is that the red has an extra sensor camera to map out the floor as well as the roof just to ensure it doesnt vacuum the same spot twice. and also once the red has ran out of battery and has recharged itself it will go back to the same spot it finished when it ran out of battery - whereas the green will just start again. Correct me if I am wrong though. :o

Has anyone had a dog that attacks their robot vaccuum? I really want to get one to run during the day, but I'm a bit worried I'd come home to it in bits! Maybe it would be something to run overnight....

I would be worried about this too, as my Aussie terriers like to attack anything that moves on the floor. :laugh: I suppose I could always put them outside for a while though, while its doing its job.

I'm very interested in getting one of these too....my Dyson Vacumn cleaner does a fantastic job,but it would be nice to have one of these for the inbetween days that I don't vacumn. :)

That's what I'm thinking too, my automatic vacuum system goes back to Uni next week (my son) so it would be nice to run it while the dogs and I nap during the day (I work at night) in a different part of the house. It can run where the dogs aren't at the time. Even if they are in their crates at night, it would be good as it has a timer so won't go indefinitely. I'll have to save my pennys.

Ive seen a few of these robot vacuum cleaner threads on DOL and you've all got me convinced that they're awesome (any excuse to vacuum less!) My OH though is less that convinced... he thinks it's a just like buying one of those useless contraptions from Danoz Direct.

I'm thinking I might just sneakily buy one while he's overseas. Are you SURE they work well?

This was my stumbling block too, after years of me wanting one OH came home one day and said someone at work said they were good, so we should get one. Maybe you could plant a covert operative amongst your OH's friends or colleagues? ;)

How do the robot vacuums go with items on the floor? Do they just go around them? I have a toddler and no matter how often I tidy, he has toys and random kitchen items scattered all over the floor.

I find mine gets stuck on things like half-tennis balls etc. so I pick up all the dog toys before I run it. It won't damage things, and they are easy to retrieve from the basket, but you have to listen to the vacuum wailing about checking its wheels or brush and playing annoying alarm tones.

--

I've posted this previously, but here's the foxdog's first meeting with the vacuum. Weez was hiding behind me being a scaredy-pants :laugh:

Edited by Weasels

I borrowed one from a friend, but it seemed like the bit underneath (plastic) could scratch the timber floors, how low do they go? The other thing I wondered about was emptying......if it takes itself back to recharge, does it turn off when full? I'm not sure if it would have enough capacity to do our floor area about 50m2 (with 2 Whippets and a teenage boy dropping stuff all the time)

It doesnt show on my phone so clearly yes! A conspiracy right there.

Online today i found $577. I wonder if we should try for a bulk doggy discount?!

You totally should.

I'm a bit wary, I'm pretty sure I'd come home to a 6kg Burmese sitting on top going around, and around, and around.

I borrowed one from a friend, but it seemed like the bit underneath (plastic) could scratch the timber floors, how low do they go? The other thing I wondered about was emptying......if it takes itself back to recharge, does it turn off when full? I'm not sure if it would have enough capacity to do our floor area about 50m2 (with 2 Whippets and a teenage boy dropping stuff all the time)

If it picks up something hard it can drag it around and scratch a wooden floor, but I've done that with a regular vacuum too :o The vacuum itself won't scratch. plus mine came with a cloth thingy you can attach to the front for a sweeping effect, putting that on might help :shrug:

It won't stop when it's full, it will keep going but will start dropping fluff balls around the place. I run mine when I am home, so I can keep an eye on it and empty it a few times during its rounds.

Mine has to do one mid-cleaning battery charge to get through our 3x2 with 2 living areas.

It doesnt show on my phone so clearly yes! A conspiracy right there.

Online today i found $577. I wonder if we should try for a bulk doggy discount?!

You totally should.

That would be awesome. I've been putting off getting one for ages but I think this thread has convinced me I need one :thumbsup:

Our local Electrical Discounters has the Green one for $649 and the red one for $849. As far as I can see the only difference between the two is the Red one has a remote control, the green one doesn't. The battery lasts for 12 hours (according to the little picture on the machine). Its bigger than I thought it was, but oh so cute. I am going to have to layby one I think....but I'll get one....my pledge to the RoboKing brigade to become a member soon :laugh:

Lynn

Our local Electrical Discounters has the Green one for $649 and the red one for $849. As far as I can see the only difference between the two is the Red one has a remote control, the green one doesn't. The battery lasts for 12 hours (according to the little picture on the machine). Its bigger than I thought it was, but oh so cute. I am going to have to layby one I think....but I'll get one....my pledge to the RoboKing brigade to become a member soon :laugh:

Lynn

I have the Green one and it has a remote control :)