Prefix Application ?

Angeluca

How long does it usually take to get a result of your application and test for a prefix.

I put it in a fortnight this tuesday ago, and just a bit nervous And totally anxious to find out what the prefix will be. :o

I got my girls health testing also getting done this month and it is a very nervous time lol!

Before moving on to the next faze of deciding whether to breed her well cause if health tests fail then the answer to breeding that dog is nul and avoid. I have a baby due in october which we will find out the gender of this month aswel LMAO!!!.

(Before I have to either defend why I may breed her No I will not be showing her, I have a number of breeders of the breed to check her conformation including her own breeder who is in 100% support of me. Ruby was attending obedience and progressing nicely until I got preg. And we have a big move and baby on the way so breeding is at least 18 months to 2 years away)

Edited by Angeluca

How long does it usually take to get a result of your application and test for a prefix.

I put it in a fortnight this tuesday ago, and just a bit nervous And totally anxious to find out what the prefix will be. :o

I got my girls health testing also getting done this month and it is a very nervous time lol!

Before moving on to the next faze of deciding whether to breed her well cause if health tests fail then the answer to breeding that dog is nul and avoid.

I have a baby due in october which we will find out the gender of this month aswel LMAO!!!.

(Before I have to either defend why I may breed her No I will not be showing her, I have a number of breeders of the breed to check her conformation including her own breeder who is in 100% support of me. Ruby was attending obedience and progressing nicely until I got preg. And we have a big move and baby on the way so breeding is at least 18 months to 2 years away)

I think whether you breed is your own business.

I believe you can ring and check on the progress of your prefix.

Just because you have a prefix it does not follow that you will breed.

A prefix has other uses - such as a 'Kennel Name.'

It simply means you know the ethical boundaries and are aware of the current practices.

PX

I would say around 3 months alot will depend on whether all the first ones are rejected & you need to try again & even once approved when the prefix is published if someone objects to its closeness you then start again .

I would say around 3 months alot will depend on whether all the first ones are rejected & you need to try again & even once approved when the prefix is published if someone objects to its closeness you then start again .

:eek: wow 3 months.

Im new and learning so this is probably going to be a stupid question but whats a prefix?

It is name we like and would like all our puppies to be known as.

It is like a surname but it goes in front of the dogs name/s

If the name you are granted is Oakway all your puppies will have this in front of the name you apply for.

Oakway Dress Fth Boys

Oakway Swing Time

Oakway Centre Court

The dog must always be entered in shows with this official name and registration number along with it's sire and dam.

You can call the dog any name you like at home but any official reference must always be the dog registered name on it's registration papers. :)

Edited by oakway

Im new and learning so this is probably going to be a stupid question but whats a prefix?

It is name we like and would like all our puppies to be known as.

It is like a surname but it goes in front of the dogs name/s

If the name you are granted is Oakway all your puppies will have this in front of the name you apply for.

Oakway Dress Fth Boys

Oakway Swing Time

Oakway Centre Court

The dog must always be entered in shows with this official name and registration number along with it's sire and dam.

You can call the dog any name you like at home but any official reference must always be the dog registered name on it's registration papers. :)

Thank you :D

The suspense is going to kill me! I am not a patient person at the best of times lol but this whole process of, selecting a pup(s), waiting for 12 for health testing then a further 12 to 18 months for conformation to start settle, and true worth be assessed. This whole process is truly 3 yrs in the making and that is if everything goes right the first time :crossfingers:

It doesn't take 3 months in Victoria

I had mine back and approved in approx 2-3 weeks :)

It took a little longer for me as my 1st lot of names was rejected, so I had to submit a new lot of names, however the 2nd name of the 2nd lot of names was approved to my relief. All up it took about 6 weeks.

It also took about 4 weeks to get my prefix exam results back which was also very suspensful.

Edited by Baileys mum

Can't remember how long mine took, I don't remember it being a particularly long wait, and I got my first choice. That was 2 years ago in NSW and I am yet to breed my first litter.

I assume you have a golden? If you don't mind me asking, who is she out of (PM me if you prefer)? I have just received back hip and elbow results for my golden boy, thankfully they were great results so I am very relieved. I agree, such a nervous wait.

Can't remember how long mine took, I don't remember it being a particularly long wait, and I got my first choice. That was 2 years ago in NSW and I am yet to breed my first litter.

I assume you have a golden? If you don't mind me asking, who is she out of (PM me if you prefer)? I have just received back hip and elbow results for my golden boy, thankfully they were great results so I am very relieved. I agree, such a nervous wait.

Nope I don't mind Valvasor is my girl's breeder and very proud of her, I also have a boy bred by Glemaray his hips scores came back a couple of months ago, total 13 which is good, under average. His temperament and intelligence is Amazing, I know I'm being a little bias but it is what he was bred for as he has many many siblings in QLD and NSW guide dog association. But we still have a ways to go with both my goldies. I too chose a boy first but i couldn't walk away from him.

Nope I don't mind Valvasor is my girl's breeder and very proud of her, I also have a boy bred by Glemaray his hips scores came back a couple of months ago, total 13 which is good, under average. His temperament and intelligence is Amazing, I know I'm being a little bias but it is what he was bred for as he has many many siblings in QLD and NSW guide dog association. But we still have a ways to go with both my goldies. I too chose a boy first but i couldn't walk away from him.

Was that scored by Dr Rawlinson, or the AVA? Not sure what is behind Valvasor, but I do know who they are. I know they have a bitch, about 18 months old, from my boys breeder. I don't really know them other than that. It's good that you have their support though, its something that I think is vital in all breeds really, but because they are such a popular breed, someone new entering the breed like yourself, and myself as well, really needs the support of experienced breeders to help make the right decisions :)

Good luck with your girls test results.

Edited by GoldenWei

:eek: wow 3 months.

Mine took about 2 months, but we passed the first time, and it was around Christmas time, but I thought it was quite quick.

Was that scored by Dr Rawlinson, or the AVA? Not sure what is behind Valvasor, but I do know who they are. I know they have a bitch, about 18 months old, from my boys breeder. I don't really know them other than that. It's good that you have their support though, its something that I think is vital in all breeds really, but because they are such a popular breed, someone new entering the breed like yourself, and myself as well, really needs the support of experienced breeders to help make the right decisions :)

Good luck with your girls test results.

I know it wasn't Rawlinson, But i have requested him for my grls scores. In fact i have the x-rays of my boy just not the report :confused: I rang them about it last week then forgot. Guess what I'm doing first thing tomorrow morning.