My Other Bititch Got In With Puppies Not Belonging To Her

mini girl

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ive kept my bitches away from the pups till they are a lil older, not for the fact that im worried bout the pups, more than im worried the mum will go apeshit at the wanna-be-mums.

This does not happen thankfully just seem to be accepting each other. Mind you we never leave them alone and when mum gets in we make sure the other girl is out while mum feeds them tried the pups on a little farex and divetelact last night still not interested so mum cleaned it up actually mum seems to be a little less tired last couple of days got a new calcium syrup includes vitamin d and the nutrigel may be helping.

Things are going very well mum and the invader who we now call the nanny have it worked out to a tee - mum seems to have become the feeder and nanny become the motherly one - when mum finishes feeding nanny gets in and cleans them up and lays down with them and they all snuggle up to her - mum is more content to feed and then lay around getting her energy levels up again. We did take her for a ride in the car yesterday and she did enjoy it very much - also at night now she feeds them and then nanny get in and so between them they are coping with all 10 pups which are very plump and contented - they will be 3 weeks on Friday so today I will try again with some food .

We now see the nanny as a blessing.

it's all worked out well. Some motherly bitches actually come into milk when another bitch has the puppies, have you checked her teats to see if she might be producing milk?

This happended to a maiden Maltese X bitch of mine who let a tiny kitten I received nurse on her. Despite eating solids the kitten latched on and within a few weeks the bitch had milk. The kitten was very young, (in hindsight probably only 5-6 weeks old) it's mother was a purebred Chinchilla and I think the owners were keen to get rid of the "mistakes". :(

What a lovely Poodle family you have there Minigirl. Yes, I would agree any potential danger has now passed.

A few years ago I was grooming a malt x bitch, I asked the owners how old her puppies were and they gave me a stupid look and said she hasn't got pups. I told them that she is feeding something, gave her boobs a squeeze, milk went everywhere and asked if they have a new pet.... the bitch was feeding their new kitten.

Piper (Rottweiler) had milk when Lizzy (Pug) had her 1st litter, she fed the pug pups with their mother watching. Both bitches had a wonderful friendship, Lizzy grew up in the whelping box with Piper's puppies and they all got on great. I have a pic somewhere with piper feeding a pug pup.

OP - beautiful pic of the mums and pups :D .

it's all worked out well. Some motherly bitches actually come into milk when another bitch has the puppies, have you checked her teats to see if she might be producing milk?

I have tried to squeeze the Nanny's teats to see but no milk yet but the pups are still sucking on them at times - was wondering how long it can take to produce milk if they are not their own pups - I have heard of this happening before - knew a breeder who took in a poodle from a rescue shelter that had been kept as a breeder in a puppy mill and when ever a bitch of this breeder had a litter she would produce milk and go and try to get one of the pups to care for - it had been her whole life and all she wanted to do - she came in handy when they had big litters or mothers not able to feed - dogs are amazing aren't the.

My nanny girl is now producing milk checked before I went to bed last night - her teats don't seem near as full as the puppies mothers but at least she is able to help her now. The two of them were in there feeding this morning some puppies on each. It's a relief now as I was worried about the mUm but to be honest she seems a lot less tired now and quite happily came upstairs last night to sleep on our bed while leaving nanny in charge.

Yay, you've got yourself a wet nurse. That's a win win win. Nanny is happy to be able to feed puppies and mum gets help for such a big litter and you will not have to worry about whether the pups are getting enough nourishment or care. :thumbsup:

Edited by Kirislin

Yes its a wonderful thing to see and do hope it all continues as well - thank you all for your lovely words and advice.

Thought you maylike to see "The Nanny" with the pups - she is so devoted to them strangely enough even more than their mum - guess mum was getting tired with 10 full on babies - but there is nothing like a helping hand or paw in both human and dogs it seems.

post-36106-0-80304000-1337239961_thumb.jpg

Well we have made it past 3 weeks now - the pups were 3 weeks on Friday. All going well and I started them on 3 meals a day yesterday - divetalact, farex and advantage rehydratable soaked puppy food - boy did they get into it. Mum or Lady Jane as I now refer to her as will feed them and give them a bit of a looking over and The Nanny or Cinderella does all the mothering stays with them all night while Lady Jane comes up to sleep on our bed - should have had this when I was rearing kids!! But all is going well and the mother is coming back to her old self - still giving them a bit of milk but looks to be diminishing - this size litter did take a bit out of her. The nanny has a bit of milk to give but not much. Next step is moving them into the bigger pen - the fun will really start now.

Just an update - all 10 pups are doing so well and mum is a different dog since I started feeding them - they have 3 meals a day and a little milk from mum and the nanny - mum has her old get up and go back and the pups are getting so knowing they were 4 weeks today.

Busy times ahead.

Just an update - the pups are 5 weeks today and doing really well - have made the pen big for them and they are so good - the two mums are giving them a bit of milk each and the pups are eating well too.

Have not let them have the run of any rooms yet - but climb into their pen for cuddles - its that big. All look to have homes to go to except one little boy and I am keeping a girl for myself. Mum is great and the Nanny is as well. Must get a photo of the 10 of them to put here.

Yes it would be lovely to see a pic of the whole family :)

I was having trouble weaning some pups once. It took me a while to realise they weren't hungry cause another one of the girls had been feeding them while Mum was locked away :laugh: