Speaking Of Hdr

Kirislin

when it comes up with the list, click on just the 7d body only. then it says near the top of the page download the latest drivers and software. I'm glad to see it wasn't only me who found it confusing.

Edited by Kirislin

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so is the Canada one easier to navigate than the Australian one? I wonder if it matters, it wanted to know what region I was in. What version are you downloading? what exactly are you downloading, it took me to the 5D mk3 page

Edited by Kirislin

I hope it's ok....version 3.11.26

at the top where you clock what version you are using i clicked windows 7 then the DPP thingy came up

yep that's it :) Now you have to run outside before it gets too dark and take 3 photos in RAW

Edited by Kirislin

I hope it's ok....version 3.11.26

at the top where you clock what version you are using i clicked windows 7 then the DPP thingy came up

yep that's it :) Now you have to run outside before it gets too dark and take 3 photos in RAW

ohhh so you have to take them RAW....it's 6 degree outside laugh.gif

so I take the same photo 3 times ???

sorry I am thick when it comes to this type of thing...but you should know that by now laugh.gif

well I hope that download is right

I'm a COMPLETE computer dummy

I didn't even know you could update canon programs laugh.gif

I still can't work out how to use the HDR effect laugh.gif

You cant be dumber than me. Have you read the manual to see how to set up your camera. Basically, you take 3 photos of the exact same thing (in RAW) at different exposures, like goldilocks, one under exposed, one over exposed, and one just right. then run inside and however you download your photos onto your computer. then bring up DPP and click on tools. You'll see the option for HDR and take it from there.

quick! try it out!! :clap:

I don't really like HDR :laugh: but will give it a go.

Could you not just use "bracketing" or do the 3 exposures have to be wider apart?

After all that and you dont like HDR :laugh: I think it is bracketing. You can set how different (light and dark) you want the 3 exposures to be.

It has other stuff too, you can straighten your photos, I use that one alot and now also do composites, I haven't tried that yet.

what happens once you get the 3 photo's ..sorry I clicked the hdr then a box came up to put 3 photo's in

I did..then nothing laugh.gif

you will be wishing you didn't start this thread kirislin all these questions rofl1.gif

will have another play later..might surprise you with a photo...might laugh.gif

quick! try it out!! :clap:

I don't really like HDR :laugh:

least you have it now anyway laugh.gif

yes I just didn't want to miss out on something!

Will try tomorrow - too bloody cold out there now = camera shake :D

so you've got the 3 photos and down the bottom it says start HDR, click on it. then it chews away at the photos to do it's stuff, then comes up with the 3 pics merged and you can adjust manually or choose one of the presets.

Edited by Kirislin

so you've got the 3 photos and down the bottom it says start HDR, click on it. then it chews away at the photos to do it's stuff, then comes up with the 3 pics merged and you can adjust manually or choose one of the presets.

smashpc.gif