Speaking Of Hdr

Kirislin

I just updated my DPP program and it now does HDR! :D The light was fading as I was quickly reading through my camera manual to work out how to do it so no thought was made as far as this photo, I just hurried out and plonked the camera on the nearest fence post, as I dont have a tripod :laugh: this is a preset effect too, but I think I could have alot of fun with this technique.

I can also now do composite photos, probably lost of other stuff I haven't worked out yet. And it's free!

and for all of you who hate it, sorry. :laugh:

7175357208_742d36931e_z.jpg

1st hdr by kirislin, on Flickr

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I quite like it and I am not usually a big fan of HDR, I can imagine it is a big garden and fairies live down around the trees. :laugh:

Edited by tlc

wow I have SOOOOOO much to learn about my camera smile.gif

I can't even work out the DPP program laugh.gif

I did do the upgrade after I saw this post

I have never used the program since putting it on when i got my camera

You're clever if you did the upgrade by yourself, I had to ring Canon and get the nice man to talk me through it. :laugh:

what version have you upgraded to?

they don't make it easy - having trouble finding it on the canon site

I ended up ringing and the bloke talked me through it. go to the homepage, then call up the DSLRs and on the right hand side you'll see a column with "how can we help"

underneath is a few options, one of them being downloads and drivers. That's what you want.

what version have you upgraded to?

they don't make it easy - having trouble finding it on the canon site

I ended up ringing and the bloke talked me through it. go to the homepage, then call up the DSLRs and on the right hand side you'll see a column with "how can we help"

underneath is a few options, one of them being downloads and drivers. That's what you want.

canon US or Australia?

can't get it to come up in a search boo hoo

Edited by anniek

wow I have SOOOOOO much to learn about my camera smile.gif

I can't even work out the DPP program laugh.gif

I did do the upgrade after I saw this post

I have never used the program since putting it on when i got my camera

You're clever if you did the upgrade by yourself, I had to ring Canon and get the nice man to talk me through it. :laugh:

I googled it then found a bit about it and it said upgrade I clicked and away it went laugh.gif

well I think it did, but still can't work out how to use the stupid thing for editing...arhhh to be clever laugh.gif

your photo is very interesting though...will check out the link pers put up.....bolt.gif

I think I've copied the page for you that I got up. It's Canon Australia. There was quite a bit to downloading it, quite a few steps. Oh and we're Oceania when it asks :laugh:

http://www.canon.com.au/For-You/EOS-Digital-SLR-Cameras

Look on the right hand side for downloads and drivers.

that's where I went, but whsn you click on downloads and drivers and enter DPP and/or the version number in the box it comes up with a printer/scanner. And if I go under the "please select" section it is not there - more boo hoo

How can we help: click downloads and drivers

support and services comes up with find your product. Type in 7D

It will come up with a page of downloads. On the right you have to select your computer and take it from there. Good luck, but if you really cant do it, ring them on 13 13 83, they were very helpful to me.

How can we help: click downloads and drivers

support and services comes up with find your product. Type in 7D

It will come up with a page of downloads. On the right you have to select your computer and take it from there. Good luck, but if you really cant do it, ring them on 13 13 83, they were very helpful to me.

yes, but when I type in 7D it just comes up with a list of camera bodies, kits and a printer :confused:

there is nothing on the right to selet from - will go try FM's link now :)