Black Sharpei/labrador Female Adopted From Rescue

Another rescue in Sydney has asked me to post this to see if anyone recognises this dog.

I have scant information but the current owner got her from someone in Newcastle area and now wants to take her back.

I've asked the other group if the owner at least has any certificates as finding the vet might identify the group.

"Lulu" has to be gone within the next 2 weeks.

post-4751-0-45492900-1338982122_thumb.jpg

Maybe check with Hunter Animal Rescue as well? That is the only other one I can think of in the area. Poor girl. Hope someone can take her.

Edited by Cat

the owner tells us approx 2 years ago which would have made her about 2 at the time as she is about 4 now. btw the reason for the surrender is a marriage breakup hope this helps

Coast paws rehomed black female Pei X pups 2yrs ago but they were only pups then so would only b 2 now and not 4 unless they also had mummy dog?

Sharpei Rescue used to do rescuing in the Newcastle/Central Coast area and did rescue some crosses. I'm not sure when they closed but they certainly were going about 3 years ago

Wouldnt the microchip have a previous owner name? Animals I have asked to be checked have had a small history on CAR. If you can microchip no: I can check HAR. Also was Newcastle Pound Pooch running back then?

Apparently nothing has come to light about the previous owner, or where the present owner obtained the dog.

She is close to 6 years old.

The situation is now urgent and the dog has to find a rescue position ASAP,by this coming weekend or it wil end up in the pound.

Here at Sydney Animal Second-Chance we are full, with no available foster carers, and the majority of our carers are for smaller dogs only anyway.

The present owner conatcted us with a view to surrendering the dog to us.

Is there any rescue group willing to take on this dog, as a surrender,all vet work done?

I realise it may be a long shot, but if anyone is able to help would you please phone us on 0404690014.

Thanks.

Edited by honeybun

Sounds a bit suss... the owner received NO paperwork AT ALL regarding this dog? Like dogmad said, the vet info would be a big clue, or as Alison said a chip number to look up if any previous data is stored...

Initially we were told that the dog was approx 4 years old and they had had the dog for about 2 years. The wife has subsquently now told us that they got the dog when it was about 12 weeks old and have had her for about 6 years. We did have an offer to take the dog on if we were unable to find the original rescue group. This offer has now fallen through :( . We have checked the microchip number and no other info is available. We can only go on what we are told by the owners who are divorcing. This is why we would be looking to put any other rescue group in contact directly with the owners so you can speak with the owners and meet with Lu Lu. If anyone is able to assist please contact us on the number provided. Hopefully someone will be able to assist Lu Lu.

Sadly it happens a lot in divorce cases, the dog is the least of their worries, and neither party are willing or able to take on the pet in the family.

Sometimes they are each moving into apartments that are not dog friendly or back to live with parents and no room for a dog.Or the pet is just another one of their belongings with no particular sentimental value.

I know most dolers, like myself, would not part with a pet despite the family splitting up, but sadly not everyone is attached to their pets like most of us.The pet is the biggest loser a lot of the times. :(

I wouldn't even discuss property settlement with my ex until we had sorted the dog custody... I got the dogs and he got way more than he deserved in the property settlement... grrr!

I still reckon I got the better deal though.

T.

Thankyou Sarach, I have PM'd you with the microchip number.

Some more info from the lady owner. The dog was part of a litter of pups 6 years ago. The mum was pregnant when surrendered and then whammo...she thinks about 4 pups arrived. She went to a house in Newcastle...probably a foster carer ... but it was via Pet Rescue. Lulu is very kid friendly, she was around before the 4 year old son came, and the dog loves the child or any one else for that matter. Super friendly, a lounge dweller and is an inside dweller when they are at home. They have exhausted all avenues Settlement of their house is 26th June.

thanks...

If the owners are prepared to pay for her transport to me I will take her on. If all her vetwork is up to date I will waive our surrender fee. She MUST be good with other dogs.