Cbd To Ban Dogs

aus_k9gsd

People not picking up after their dogs making it look bad for everyone :confused:

CBD to ban dogs

THE push to make Atherton's Main St a dog-free zone is gaining support, according to councillor Peter Hodge.

Cr Hodge unleashed his campaign at the start of the month following an incident where dog poo was spread throughout businesses on Main St.

"We are meant to be trying to attract consumers to our shops not scare them off," he said at the time.

"In this instance the poo was spread in and out of shops and all over the street."

At present the CBD is technically a dog-free zone but the by-laws do not give council officers the power to enforce it.

Cr Hodge is determined to change that. Last week he called for a report to be prepared into changing the by-law and making the CBD both dog and skateboard free.

"I have been doing a lot of talking with business owners and the community and skateboards has repeatedly come up as another big issue," he said.

"Neither belongs in our shopping precinct."

As part of his consultation process Cr Hodge has been surveying people in the area.

"I have surveyed 35 business owners in the CBD so far and 33 of them support the ban," he said.

Tablelands Mayor Rosa Lee Long said the TRC must also consult the wider community before making a final decision.

Could the dog poo through out the shops and streets also have been put there in order to get this put through? Or are dog owners really that lazy that they can't pick it up?

--Lhok

Could the dog poo through out the shops and streets also have been put there in order to get this put through? Or are dog owners really that lazy that they can't pick it up?

--Lhok

They are that lazy.

We run boarding kennels & a grooming salon & i would say only 50% pick up there dogs mess on our front lawn or ask for a poo bag,the rest say nothing & it may be at our gate & other clients are misfortune to come across it

I can imagine some grub allowing their dog to foul the footpath and in the doorways of shops, People are that lazy and that disgusting, having recently had to get up and move from an outdoor seating area because some revolting piece allowed her dog to cock its leg all over the legs of tables and chairs. The pungent stink of entire male dog urine was overpowering. She later allowed it to cock its leg all over the bottom of the slide of a slippery slide in the park, lovely for kiddies to slide through.

Almost daily people allow their animals to soil the waiting room at work and not even mention it to staff. People are grubs.

We who are responsible for our pets behaviour can thank the grubs for the ever increasing restrictions placed upon us and our pets.

aren't they missing a step where they police fines for dog owners leaving poop?

must be too much work to actually enforce that one... so I wonder what makes them think they'll make another enforcement...

yes, the eye roll is deserved for the white collar workers thinking up this genius plan. clap clap

No, I loved going up to Atherton and taking a dog with me, this is so unfair :( I have never seen poo around there anywhere, and this is vandalism, I highly doubt a dog has picked up its own poo and smeared it through shops :confused: I'm so disapointed now :(

I can imagine some grub allowing their dog to foul the footpath and in the doorways of shops, People are that lazy and that disgusting, having recently had to get up and move from an outdoor seating area because some revolting piece allowed her dog to cock its leg all over the legs of tables and chairs. The pungent stink of entire male dog urine was overpowering. She later allowed it to cock its leg all over the bottom of the slide of a slippery slide in the park, lovely for kiddies to slide through.

Almost daily people allow their animals to soil the waiting room at work and not even mention it to staff. People are grubs.

We who are responsible for our pets behaviour can thank the grubs for the ever increasing restrictions placed upon us and our pets.

That's disgusting :mad People like this just ruin it for everyone.