Darling Downs Zoo

Alasse

I went to the DDZ on Wednesday...i actually quite enjoyed it. Being its a private owned zoo its no Melbourne type, but still it was great to be able to photograph other animal types.

Thought i'd share some of the pics

Macaw4thJul2012d.jpg

Macaw4thJul2012b.jpg

Macaw4thJul2012a.jpg

Ostrich4thJul2012a.jpg

Ostrich4thJul2012h.jpg

Ostrich4thJul2012d.jpg

Beautiful pics Alasse, aren't the lions just so special. They look a very pale colour to the norm or is it just the light.

Thank you. The big cats was my main reason for going....The tiger though wasnt playing the game the day i was there.....They are white lions :) The 2nd last shot the lion is actually stalking my son lol, He ran past the enclosure and boy that woke em up and got their attention.

This is him chasin my son along the front of the enclosure

Whitelion4thJul2012x.jpg

Pacing up and down the cage follwing my son

Whitelion4thJul2012z.jpg

Nice shots. I particularly like the macaw and the iguana

Thank you. I rapt with how the macaws came out, the sun was somewhat behind them and the cage wire to shoot through. The iguana i am suprised they came out as clear as theyy did, the glass veiwing panel was pretty grotty.

I love the photos of the lions, especially as you were able to take them without bars getting in the way.

I love the macaw too, such intelligent birds.

Thank you. It took some effort to make the camera focus through the enclosure wire, the lions were on the far side of the enclosure, and we were about a metre from the wire itself. I wasnt sure how they would come out, but yeah very happy.

The macaws would be a favorite, they are such hams lol

Gorgeous shots! Can I ask what camera and lens you use?

Thank you. Camera is a Sony A33, using DT 4-5.6/55-200 SAM. Absolutely love my camera!

Edited by Alasse