Which State Do You Rate The Most Dog Friendly?

ncarter

Which state do you rate the most dog friendly?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Which state do you rate the most dog friendly?

• QLD
    • NSW
    • ACT
    • Vic
    • Tas
    • SA
    • WA
    • NT

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest donatella

Anywhere but VIC :(

I would have said the same about Qld

Maybe it's time to move to NSW :laugh:

YEAH

Rural NSW

Oh to dream!

I voted NT simply because there is almost zero legislation restricting dogs.

Unfortunately, there is pretty much zero everything else in support of dogs unless you live smack in the middle of one of the two cities (no offense to all those brave Territorians DOLers who live there and love it!)

Unfortunately, there is pretty much zero everything else in support of dogs unless you live smack in the middle of one of the two cities (no offense to all those brave Territorians DOLers who live there and love it!)

True.

Anywhere but VIC :(

I would have said the same about Qld

Maybe it's time to move to NSW :laugh:

YEAH

Rural NSW

Oh to dream!

Its just so expensive here!! :(

Plenty of cheap places in country towns in NSW, depends where your willing to live. I voted NSW as we have FINALLY gone muzzle free for greyhounds(after assesment of course) :thumbsup:

What I find disappointing in SA is that despite what appears to be an increasing number of people treating their dogs as one of the family there is almost no effort made by lots of councils to accommodate this. ie no drinking facilities, no poo bags etc etc. Our local council for example up until a few years ago didn't even have a microchip scanner. The dog numbers restriction is also a pain, as is the yearly registration. So no vote for SA.

I think NSW/sydney could be a little better in terms of accommodating for dogs, like drinking taps at parks, we can almost never find any.... I think an increase of fenced dog parks per suburb or area would be a great thing to see as well.... there are hardly any dog parks fenced or unfenced near me and i live in gladesville so its pretty central... or maybe I just dont know where they are :o

I live in the NT and Palmerston is very strict about how many dogs you are allowed to keep. I was told to not even bother applying for a permit to keep more than 2 dogs because it wouldn't be approved. It must depend on who you're mates with as I've been told by a couple of people that they got their permit with no problems and no 'exceptional circumstances' having to be given but they are mates with someone on the council or a ranger :mad

Our local ranger loves to give our APBT a pat and cuddle.... NSW :)

Sounds like a nomination to me. www.mdbaawards,net.au

We have a new category too - Best Dog Friendly Local council too.

Ziggy is registered as a staffy cross and that was by council as he is a pound pup...

The council guys at the park are always giving me heaps about him being a pitbull... I keep telling them he is a staffy cross...

It's just fun banter but they all love him and even throw the ball for him and give him heaps of pats..

It's nice when people outside the dog arena see the dog as a nice dog, instead of judging them based on what they have heard..

7299322098_ff7342ab46.jpg

IMG_0403 by Jodie Moore Photos, on Flickr

What I find disappointing in SA is that despite what appears to be an increasing number of people treating their dogs as one of the family there is almost no effort made by lots of councils to accommodate this. ie no drinking facilities, no poo bags etc etc. Our local council for example up until a few years ago didn't even have a microchip scanner. The dog numbers restriction is also a pain, as is the yearly registration. So no vote for SA.

After my negative post I found out our council is giving all dogs (regardless of their age) free rego for their first registration period. Good initiative I think, I wonder if more SA councils are doing that. :thumbsup: