A Most Disgusting Conversation Overheard

Christina

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sadly I bet she is not joking - found out today that my sister (who is the one stupid enough to have bought a pug x cavelier (refuse to call it the made up name) from a certain pet store in Carrum Downs for $900, has yet another RIP next to her name - I knew she had put down their first dog when it started to be destructive (told their kids it had run away), then had yet another run away (2nd dog they had - another PTS as she was going through marriage breakup, and the dog was an inconvenience), and when on her own, she took in a stray kitten - it also "ran away" or so she told her kids - today I found out she also had it PTS as it had a habit of digging in claws and biting and then running off - Did she ask for any advice with any of these or seek vet or behavioural help - NO, her solution to all her problems is to PTS. I fear for the current dog, as my mum has told me she is having some troubles getting it to toilet train - for dogs sake, it is still only 4 months old. I have given mum the name of a couple of places she can seek advice from to pass onto my sister, as well as here, but given her history of wanting the easy solution, am betting against her doing any of that - just getting rid of them and moving onto another is her way of doing things. Makes me :cry:

sadly I bet she is not joking - found out today that my sister (who is the one stupid enough to have bought a pug x cavelier (refuse to call it the made up name) from a certain pet store in Carrum Downs for $900, has yet another RIP next to her name - I knew she had put down their first dog when it started to be destructive (told their kids it had run away), then had yet another run away (2nd dog they had - another PTS as she was going through marriage breakup, and the dog was an inconvenience), and when on her own, she took in a stray kitten - it also "ran away" or so she told her kids - today I found out she also had it PTS as it had a habit of digging in claws and biting and then running off - Did she ask for any advice with any of these or seek vet or behavioural help - NO, her solution to all her problems is to PTS. I fear for the current dog, as my mum has told me she is having some troubles getting it to toilet train - for dogs sake, it is still only 4 months old. I have given mum the name of a couple of places she can seek advice from to pass onto my sister, as well as here, but given her history of wanting the easy solution, am betting against her doing any of that - just getting rid of them and moving onto another is her way of doing things. Makes me :cry:

OMG :eek: That is scary & extremely sad Linda K :(

Edited by BC Crazy

Guest lavendergirl

Is she using the same vet every time? Why does she PTS rather than surrendering??

don't think so, as she has moved a couple of times (due to the marriage breakup) - and yes, it is very sad, I am at the point I just can't talk to her, knowing what her attitudes are with all of this, but I still keep trying, for the animals sake, as they should not have to suffer because she is too impatient with them and wants a quick fix. A pet is afterall for life, through thick and thin - sadly she also has this same discard policy with the whole of her life anyway, which is why she is on hubby no 3 at age 49.

I wouldn't be able to give her much of my time either Linda K. Seems like when things get a little tough we are out of there, husbands or pets. Just give them the flick & move on. Some people are just like that.

Have rouble committing for the long haul perhaps or just too hard :shrug:

The longer you have a dog the better & deeper your relationship becomes IMHO & if they have issues & you work with the animal to resolve them, then your bond with them will just grow stronger.

It's such a shame she is missing all of that :(

Edited by BC Crazy

I constantly threaten my dogs with the pound lol.

A show friend with an intellectually handicapped son was annoyed at his brother the other night at dinner and said to him if you don't stop it you are going to get re-homed! Priceless.

Guest donatella

i'm just reading my workplace bulletin that has personal ads and they are allowed to advertise pets. this one upsets me, it will live to 15 years? thats a big promise to make.

Delightful pairs of puppies maltese poodles seeking a home vaccinated microchipped vet checked , pay my costs and they are yours . email text for photos and testimonials from pups from previous litters no yap no shed hair in toy size robust breed . Will live to 15 years

i'm just reading my workplace bulletin that has personal ads and they are allowed to advertise pets. this one upsets me, it will live to 15 years? thats a big promise to make.

Delightful pairs of puppies maltese poodles seeking a home vaccinated microchipped vet checked , pay my costs and they are yours . email text for photos and testimonials from pups from previous litters no yap no shed hair in toy size robust breed . Will live to 15 years

Unless they die before :doh:

Guest donatella

wowser, check out this one from the same person

Schnauzer Maltese Silky Terrier Poodle cross puppies for sale colour can throw to either breed .Tough little dogs with good temperment no shed coats that make great kids dogs or fill an empty nest with all the good cardiac protection factors pet ownership brings . intelligent very protective and attentive without yapping and adapt very well to household routine

Schnauzer Maltese Silky Terrier Poodle cross puppies for sale colour can throw to either breed .Tough little dogs with good temperment no shed coats that make great kids dogs or fill an empty nest with all the good cardiac protection factors pet ownership brings . intelligent very protective and attentive without yapping and adapt very well to household routine

Will you get fired if you slap this person? :banghead:

Guest donatella

I don't know who it is, this place hires thousands and thousands of people.

Its still very sad though

I don't know who it is, this place hires thousands and thousands of people.

Its still very sad though

Makes me so angry :mad

I constantly threaten my dogs with the pound lol.

A show friend with an intellectually handicapped son was annoyed at his brother the other night at dinner and said to him if you don't stop it you are going to get re-homed! Priceless.

Haha

We do alot of cat rescue and regularly see feral cats with no real chance of rehab or rehoming. So my partner regularly calls me an unrehomeable cat because I'm neurotic and no-one else can handle it lol

at the shopping centre today. Passing the pet shop there were 2 young mums with babies in pushchairs. Late teens, early 20's age group.

One said to the other Oh look. Why don't you get rid of that pup at home that shits all the time & go & get one of those in there. :cry::mad I managed to carry on & walk past.

Wonder what happens when their children need potty training or are less than perfect ?

Do they want to get rid of them too. What a horrible, stupid & callous attitude.

Their children will also grow up & learn to have this view of pet ownership too.

Regarding the bolded bit, I would have been inclined to first ask if they were serious, and if so, see if they were open to a little helpful guidance.

Walking away won't change anything.:shrug: