Photojournalism

tlc

These ones tell the story of whale watching! :laugh: Anyone know how big that lens would be? It looks like it has a couple of extenders on it?

file-50.jpg

file-51.jpg

you should've gone and asked. He'd probably love the opportunity to talk about it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I haven't been commenting on other's photos, a lot of the time they won't load for me and the connection is so bad it keeps dropping out, so I give up. It's taking me ages to post the flickr links :mad

I guess these are photojournalism, as close as I'm going to get anyway :laugh:

From SACA

f5

1/1250

ISO 400

80mm

7836748364_a735d1ab4d_z.jpg

f5

1/2500

ISO 400

55mm

7836759212_ecb1a8383e_z.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My OH's mum has had a terrible time of late, 3 surgeries in a week :( So we have been spending a lot of time at the hospital, I took my camera today to have a fiddle with it while we were sitting with her.

file-141.jpg

file-146.jpg

file-145.jpg

file-144.jpg

file-143.jpg

file-142.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some more from me, I went to the dog park today and met a few of the regulars that I haven't seen for ages, I snapped a few shots off, I think it tells a bit of a story. The older man is 86 and comes to the park once sometimes twice a day with his lab Floyd every day, poor Floyd is extremely over weight but enjoys his days at the park, they do very slow laps around the track.

file.jpg

file-1.jpg

file-2.jpg

file-4.jpg

file-15.jpg

Bert of course had treats in his pocket.

file-6.jpg

file-5.jpg

file-7.jpg

file-8.jpg

Edited by tlc

I know he is massive, I think the old guy just feeds him constantly, I have had a chat to him about Floyds weight but he just thinks he is doing the right thing. :confused:

I know an old man like this. He got a beautiful rescue dog who was in almost perfect condition, and now she is massive, I'd guess she's probably at least 10kgs overweight, if not more. People like that equate feeding with love. :(

Suprise suprise me in here again!! :laugh:

A couple from today, we had a cruisy dog training session and some down time afterwards, these were a few impromptu shots I snapped. I used the 70 - 300 Sigma, (probly should not have wasted my money but it will do for the time being for a bit of extra reach.

file-20.jpg

file-21.jpg

file-22.jpg

file-23.jpg

And a couple from afterwards, I went to the breakwater where the ocean was feral and everyone was having a sticky beak, I snapped these tourists. Taken with the G1X

file-17.jpg

file-18.jpg

This is what they were looking at

file-19.jpg

Some from me from today at work, there was some guys from the steam engine club with a display, it was really cool and lots of older gentleman dropping by to say hello and check them out.

file-46.jpg

file-47.jpg

file-48.jpg

file-52.jpg

These two guys wanted to pose for a shot, the man on the left is a regular at our dog park. :)

file-53.jpg

Some coloured pics of the engines

file-51.jpg

file-50.jpg

file-49.jpg

Not sure now If I should have left all the pics in colour?? Snook our balck and whites are so different. I have been using presets for the black and whites and I have so many I can never decide which looks the best.

Edited by tlc

I totally agree with you, I like the contrasty black and white too, I have looked at my first two shots and think they are way too busy but your right if they were in colour they would be even more so.

Black and white is so subjective what works for one shot may not work for another!