Cargo Barrier

tlc

Hi Guys does anyone know where I might get one of THESE CARGO BARRIERS from. I have googled and googled and can find them in the US but not here. I have tried the material ones where they just hang around your front head rests but they are no good the dogs just want to jump over. I need a proper metal one so there is no way of them jumping through to the front seat.

If anyone has had one or knows where I could get one I would love any info. Thanks heaps.

Thanks Guys, I have found a few over seas and that one in the link will post to world wide so its an option too, but Id prefer to get one locally. I really want to have the seats down so the dogs have more room but its not practical if they can get over the front, only other way is if we put two more anchor points down and tether them to the floor, not sure if that would work or not. if they travel in the back seat they are clipped to the seatbelt straps by their collars but if they are in the very back with the seats up they are not tethered at all. Im not even sure whats actually legal, I do know I have been pulled over by the police and had two in the back seat untethered and two in the rear and they never said anything apart from cute dogs! :laugh: so i really don't know?

Ill be sure and pop back here If I find something.

Do you have a normal cargo barrier behind the back seats? If so you can just get another set of anchor points installed behind the front seats and move the barrier forward - I had my camry set up like that for years.

Before having a proper barrier though I used 1 of these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/CSI-Adjustable-Vehicle-Pet-Barrier-Removable-No-Drilling-Required-25100-/140741878058 I just bought it from an autoparts store. I think it was from Supercheap auto.

Ive got one of theses cheap ones but it won't reach all the way to the floor behind the front seats. I also have a full proper cargo barrier from my old wagon which would fit but I wanted something easier to take out in case I need to have people in the back, so I didn't want it as a permanent arrangement. The one in my first link goes to the floor and the roof but looks like it only kind of quarter as big as the full ones. I assume they go in like the cheap ones, easy to put in and out.

The way I used the cheap removable 1 it didn't matter that it didn't go all the way to the ground.

Didn't you say you want to fold the seats down? I had the seats folded down and they went almost all the way to the front seat so I just installed it on the edge of those, unfortunately it was pre digital camera so I dont have any pics of how I did it.

Moving the proper cargo barrier as about a 5 min job when I needed the back seat, undo 4 bolts, slide it to the other point and then put the bolts back. I'm not sure if they are all that easy though but mine certainly was. I had actually put off getting 1 installed for ages as I didn't realise they were that easy to move until a friend showed me theirs.

Yep, we have one of these, purchased in Australia, porbably about 2 years ago, would have just been from one of the deals sites. I'll see if I can find any reference to it in my receitps folder.

Sas that would be great.

Piper, I thought if I installed that particular one on the seats it might just come loose as it occasionally came lose even when it was tight as in the back section. I'll have to have a chat to my OH about the proper one. I didn't realize it was easy to get in and out.

Bugger, sorry can't find it but it was from one of those cheap online stores, maybe it was limited stock.

No worries, thanks for looking. I'll keep an eye out they might come out again.

I dont know if all of the proper ones are easy to move but mine was.

The cheap removable 1 did occasionally come loose - never with my guys who respected it and didnt push on it but a few times when I travelled with friends and their dogs they would lean on it and make it move.

Thanks Rysup, thats similar to the one I have and guess what it don't keep pets in the back of the car. :laugh:

I ordered one of the ones that Griff posted the link to, getting a bit worried though, I paid and haven't heard a peep form them not even confimation of it being sent or anything. Payed with pay pal so if it doesn't show up we can dispute it. Ive sent a couple of emails so hopefully will hear back from them soon.