Car Flea-bomb

Leema

Is there a flea-bomb like device for cars? Where can I acquire one?

I imagine you can use the same ones as you do for a room. But it would need a good airing when done. Fleas in your car? That's a bugger.

If it were mine I'd get the steamer out and go over the seats and floors etc. That'd fix 'em. Put a bit of eucalyptus oil in as well.

I'd be careful with the bombs, Mortein website specifically warns you not to use their bombs in cars - "can effect electrics and finishes". They warn not to use them in a space smaller than 5 sq metres.

I had the local Natraspray pest guy do mine after transporting a very flea infested rescue,maybe you could see if there is something similar locally? It was more expensive than a bomb but no more fleas and I wasn't worried about any toxic chemicals affecting my dogs afterwards. Hope you can get rid them.

Thanks for the suggestions. I ended up using bug spray everywhere possible and hoping for the best...

Car was swarming with fleas after transporting for rescue. I was hoping I might be able to 'starve them out' by not using the car for about a week, but apparently not. :laugh:

Just for future reference, had the Vet rep in today talking about Virbac Indorex spray. Kills fleas for three weeks and flea eggs unable to hatch for 12 months.

NOT for spraying directly onto pets.

Cats should be kept away for at least 48 hours (contains permethrins).