Date Expired Schmackos

If we're just talking about using them SM, then I would - expiry dates are highly conservative and a conspiracy to encourage waste and re-purchasing IMO. In the 'old days' we just used our eyes , nose and common sense and I never had a problem...

Having said that, I wouldnt feed smackos anyway as last time I looked they were chock a block full of preservatives - unless they've changed? :)

If we're just talking about using them SM, then I would - expiry dates are highly conservative and a conspiracy to encourage waste and re-purchasing IMO. In the 'old days' we just used our eyes , nose and common sense and I never had a problem...

Having said that, I wouldnt feed smackos anyway as last time I looked they were chock a block full of preservatives - unless they've changed? :)

You'll probably find, that like human food, it's a "best before" date anyway, not an expiry date.

+1 on the preservatives - and they would also probably cause them to never go off, and never trust a food that doesn't go mouldy (ie: maccas burgers :p )

Yeah, I don't pay too much attention to best before unless it's fresh food ie: dairy/meat etc.

We used to own a deli and took anything out of date home, never had anything that was actually "off".

For dried treats like Schmackos, I'd feed them.

The hounds in my house have iron guts though :laugh:

Guest donatella

Being super cautious and a worry wart I would err on the side of caution and bin them for the meager cost when compared to the possible repercussions. However, I have a toy breed and she is precious and so are her guts so I just would't risk it :D