Best Vehicles For Dog Trainers

Lollipup

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RS, sorry if I missed it, but is there a reason you're not considering the X-Trail?

I want a false floor, so don't want a car that is already high up, meaning the dogs have even further to jump up. Why, would an X-Trail fit a false floor, with 2 soft crates side by side on top? With enough width and depth to store gazebo and chair and training gear underneath?

RS, sorry if I missed it, but is there a reason you're not considering the X-Trail?

I want a false floor, so don't want a car that is already high up, meaning the dogs have even further to jump up. Why, would an X-Trail fit a false floor, with 2 soft crates side by side on top? With enough width and depth to store gazebo and chair and training gear underneath?

Not sure sorry. I know it does fit two 36" crates side by side.

OK, Ford Mondeo wagon.... anyone?? This looks rather nice, and a reasonable second hand price with low km's for a 2010 model, but I wonder if the boot looks as spacious in real life?!

5_600.jpg

7_600.jpg

No stupid wheel hub thingies inside the boot taking up space thumbsup1.gif

I'm rather tempted to go looking at it on the weekend! embarrass.gif

Edited by RubyStar

That would be the logical thing to do, except for one, I don't have the soft crates yet to test out the fitting laugh.gif and time to get out there car hunting is hard to find :( It's so much easier to procrastinate essay writing with online car browsing and asking others for their personal experience when it comes to cars and dog gear! thumbsup1.gif I don't think car salesman can really help me in that respect, and I will probably get odd looks from them! embarrass.gif

Plus, I REALLY HATE pushy car salesmen!!! I emailed a place to ask for their dealership location so I could come out and look at one, and I had 2 emails within minutes from them hounding me down, one stating that they couldn't get me on my number provided (I wonder why!!) and that I should call them back so they can talk me through all my car buying questions and needs. FFS!!! eek1.gif I once went to a used carlot with my mum and was immediately approached by a salesman. I just said thanks but I just want to browse and he said "ok, we'll browse together". I told him to get *** basically and that we would browse on our own!!! So online browsing, muuuuuuch more relaxing :D

Edited by RubyStar

The mondeo wagon *looks* bigger than the holden sportswagon but I have only seen them on the road so that may not be true.

You need a big burly dude to go with you. :laugh:

I don't have access to a big burly dude! Where can I hire one? laugh.gif

For an initial look, I'll probably go with my mum :o But if I go to buy one, I'll probably ask my brother in law to help. He isn't a big burly dude, but he's a shark when it comes to negotiating!! thumbsup1.gif

I like the look of the Mondeo wagon too, hope it's as big as it looks!

RS def go check it out!! get a feel for it see if its what you are looking for

let us know how you get on :provoke:

i love car shopping i did that last week, went to dealerships and checked out cars, looking in the boots to make sure my pups would fit :o

actually the nissan murano is a 4x4 (but not really) it has a huuuge boot. the only reason im not getting one is cause the one we found had sand in it and thats a big no no! and its a V6 so too much gas gussling for us. but when i did drive it you really cant see the front so that would have taken a while to adjust too, i couldnt judge its size. so i dont really recommend it, but if you want to def take a look at one.

I also liked the size of the boot in the mitsubishi outlander (but i just dont like mitsubishi personally so didnt go that one either :laugh: )

then i looked at the subaru wagon and fell in love, its boot is not as big as the above cars but it will comfortably fit my too pups tied in :) and it was a dream car to drive, just loved it

Just hope I can sell my Hyundai Tucson! It's a 2009 model, under 30,000km's on the clock (only really drive it to dog training and trials!), and comes fitted with a puppy bars 2 door crate system (though not puppy bars brand, custom built by someone local). Any takers? :provoke: :D

You could always fly over and drive it back :p Or have it shipped! (not included in purchase price laugh.gif)

And the purchase price would be??? I'm allowed to dream here, aren't I?!

Haven't set one yet, but according to redbook.com.au and other sites selling my model/year second hand, they are selling between $17k-$20k and mine has the lowest km's by far - aaaand includes free puppy bars biggrin.gif

Forgot to add, it's the Elite model - leather seats, etc.

Edited by RubyStar

Bummer, dandybrush!!

I'm hoping it finds a home with a dog person - the puppy bars should hopefully sway a dog person to buy laugh.gif What I love about the Tucson is the back window opens on its own so you don't have to have the tailgate up to have air come in - one of the big factors that sold me on this car! I'd be keeping it if it suited my current needs, as I love my car! But I just think a wagon will be better suited for me now :)

Edited by RubyStar