Can You Help Destiny?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's not walking to well at all yet. Its going to take a lot of physio, effort and love and care to get her to be the healthiest she can be. They suspect she may have some nerve damage in one of her feet too. But you know what, she doesn't care. She's the happiest most outgoing, little lovebug I've ever been lucky enough to meet. So far the dog is VERY excited by her, and has received no less than 3 smacks and hisses for her efforts. And the cats are totally avoiding her, its like they have the attitude if we don't look, she's not really there.. LOL But absolutely no agro, which is awesome.

Oh Des is just lovely. May take a while to settle in at home but I'm sure everyone will sort themselves out & it will be 'all good' :crossfingers: for a speedy recovery girl. Sounds like she is going well, all things

considered though.

Poor Georgia... lol! Looks like Destiny has her measure...

T.

she hadn't even been here 24 hours when that photo was taken, it just goes to show the amount of attitude this little cat has. I guess she's had to just to survive up until this point. She got quite stressed out last night when my daughter wanted to snuggle with her on the couch last night. She was trying to scratch and bite and generally get nasty, so we're backing off and just letting her be for now. She'll be off to see my vet this week. While she was fostered by the shelters vet nurse she must have been stressed and was overgrooming on her back. She's basically bald down her spine, so we have to try and keep her as calm as possible. I think she will be ok, its just going to take a bit of time.

I have her out in the family room, so she can see everyone and interact even if not in a physical manner. Its good for my pets to see her and learn about her safely too, and I'm sure in a few more weeks she'll be feeling a lot better once she's into a routine here.