Can You Help Destiny?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was funny today when I spoke to the vet, he referred to her as a kitten.. :confused: I knew she was young but I never thought she was kitten, so I wonder how old they think she is. I will keep you all posted on our little legend..

Edited by Michelleva

Oh and she's going into foster care with one of the nurses for a couple of weeks, and then the vet is happy for me to take her home if all is good with her. :thumbsup: She will likely require more crate rest but the vet is a lovely guy and knows I am prepared to do that...

And she's only estimated to be 8 or 9 months old.. she was definitely smaller than I remembered. But that morning was all a bit of a blur to be honest.. I'm definitely a happy camper.

Here's a pic of her ouchie bits.. she's really good though, she was walking around a bit and could sit. So there is movement, which is what she needs to do to build those muscles back up.

post-22362-0-21092000-1347397704_thumb.jpg

I'm told she's a tortie smoke, her coat is so pretty. When you part the hair its white underneath.

post-22362-0-10558100-1347397749_thumb.jpg

Wishing both you and Destiny a long and wonderfilled life together... i cannjot thinbk of anything better to give you than this blessings:A BLESSING

May you awaken to the mystery of being here and enter the quiet immensity of your own presence.

May you have joy and peace in the temple of your senses.

May you receive great encouragement when new frontiers beckon.

May you respond to the call of your gift and find the courage to follow its path.

May the flame of anger free you from falsity.

May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame and may anxiety never linger about you.

May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul.

May you take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention.

May you be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul.

May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.

~ John O'Donohue ~

(Anam Cara)

H

• 2 weeks later...

I've spoken to the head vet this afternoon and little Destiny is doing really well. She's using one leg better than the other at this stage, but she has a fair bit of muscle wastage there, so in time that will improve. She's also using her litter tray with no problems, which is a great sign. She's being fostered by one of the vet nurses and she will stay there for another week, then I'll be able to adopt her. You know what really struck me about the conversation was the care they show for her, he called her by her name, she's no longer a number and that just warms my heart. She may end up with a limp, she may not, either way I don't care. She's alive, she's well and she's loved, what more could we ask for.

I will admit, I'm getting a bit impatient now.. Destiny's crate is all set up and awaiting her arrival.. I'm hopeful that they will release her to me later in the week. I need lots of good vibes that it all goes as we hope. This has been a long ordeal and I'm ready for it to be all over. Can't wait to get my special bubba home.

This is the sign I put on her crate today.. I'm a tad crazy, but thats ok. :laugh:

post-22362-0-45366300-1349164971_thumb.jpg

I love your sign... gorgeous idea!

When a friend's dog broke his leg and needed pins, plates, and cage rest for an extended period of time, we made a similar sign for his crate too... so it's not crazy, OK?

T.

Big hugs, we're all just a little bit crazy, but thats fine by me. :)