Ab Negative Blood Needed Urgently

If you have AB negative blood please contact the Red Cross URGENTLY any were in Australia to Donate. One of our Foster carers is in Hospital in desperate need of this blood.

I know this is not dog related but they are family PLEASE if you are AB Negative RED CROSS Austrlaia needs your blood it may save this persons life....

I'm O neg and a regular donor. Can't a person with AB neg blood recieve O neg blood? They always tell me at the blood clinic my blood can go to anyone.

I've always been told that too. I haven't been able to donate due to a root canal thats not finished. But thats nearly done then I'll be back on board.

I work in a transfusion lab - AB neg can have A neg, B neg, O neg or AB neg with no ill effects. A negative person can even have positive blood provided they have no antibodies and are not a female in child bearing age. It is usually the O neg people that get into strife. Maybe there is just an overall shortage, which often happens, especially as it is flu season. The person may also have antibodies which makes matching blood more difficult.

Hope they find suitable blood whatever the case!!

Keetamouse - the RH negative is just the negative bit. You would also be either A, B, AB or O. An O negative person would be O (Rh)D negative.

Keetamouse - the RH negative is just the negative bit. You would also be either A, B, AB or O. An O negative person would be O (Rh)D negative.

I have no idea what goes with what but was given a card decades ago with just RH negative on it, is good to know what you have listed.