Rspca Bundaberg Break In

Squidgy

I really hate the its the parents comments... Drives me crazy

Sometimes parents do all they can and the kids still act out and sneek out and do what they want (i have seen it, my parents did everything they could to get my brothers to do what they were told and nothing worked, by fining them or making my parents pay for their actions, it would have done nothing to stop the boys (note: they NEVER did anything like this, but just silly teenager crap, drinking and sneeking out at night and not coming home when told))

As for the kids involved in this, i agree, they should be locked up for a year or so and not let off because they are so young.

Believe me I know how hard it is to control a teenager, got one myself. But have you looked at the video CCT footage? I'd be very surprised if these girls were teenagers, they look about 10. There is no way they will be locked up at all, they are too young, so who is to be held accountable for their actions if not their parents?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavendergirl

Sounds like these shelters really need to beef up their security. It simply should not be possible for anyone to just wander in and let animals out of pens.

One report said that these girls were "known to the shelter" which sounds like there is some background to all this.

Whether the parents are punished or not, the children should definately be punished to the full extent of the law. They need to learn how to live in society before it's too late.

It's too late now. There is no punishment for children these days. They are given a warning :mad What they need is a good old fashioned spanking so they can't sit down for a few days and then they might get the message but society doesn't allow that any more. If parents cannot teach their kids right from wrong before age 5, there is no hope after that as there is no effective punishment allowed, no matter how bad the crime. Kids do as they like because there are no consequences any more.

Edited by dancinbcs

I really hate the its the parents comments... Drives me crazy

Sometimes parents do all they can and the kids still act out and sneek out and do what they want (i have seen it, my parents did everything they could to get my brothers to do what they were told and nothing worked, by fining them or making my parents pay for their actions, it would have done nothing to stop the boys (note: they NEVER did anything like this, but just silly teenager crap, drinking and sneeking out at night and not coming home when told))

As for the kids involved in this, i agree, they should be locked up for a year or so and not let off because they are so young.

Believe me I know how hard it is to control a teenager, got one myself. But have you looked at the video CCT footage? I'd be very surprised if these girls were teenagers, they look about 10. There is no way they will be locked up at all, they are too young, so who is to be held accountable for their actions if not their parents?

Exactly. when my mother in law rang me she said 13 year olds , but 10 year olds makes the story even worse :(

With them still being in primary school and considering they have done it before all I can say is.....

where were their parents :/

This ch7 video shows some CTV footage. It says they are under 10 years old. I'm sure I read somewhere that said they were aged 10 and 7 but I can't find it now.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/video/national/watch/4705133c_435a_3320_920f_c922054e38e1/more-tourism-promotion-funding-labor/

http://www.news-mail.com.au/story/2012/09/24/animals-in-shock-after-pet-rampage-avoca-rspca/

Whether the parents are punished or not, the children should definately be punished to the full extent of the law. They need to learn how to live in society before it's too late.

It's too late now. There is no punishment for children these days. They are given a warning :mad What they need is a good old fashioned spanking so they can't sit down for a few days and then they might get the message but society doesn't allow that any more. If parents cannot teach their kids right from wrong before age 5, there is no hope after that as there is no effective punishment allowed, no matter how bad the crime. Kids do as they like because there are no consequences any more.

It's wrong that there no consequences so often. I'm glad I don't have kids, I'd be terrified of them being realy bad and not being able to a damn thing about it. Our parents never spanked us, but we were punished and taught right from wrong, and there were always consequences for misbehaviour, so we learnt.

I was Satan's Spawn as a child... and my mother bought her wooden spoons by the dozen, because she'd break them over my behind so often... *grin*

Tell a kid today that you are going to get the wooden spoon, and they think you are going to cook them something... *sigh*

Kids today have all the rights and absolutely no responsibilities - is it any wonder so many turn out feral? And all of the tried and true methods of discipline are now illegal... and the little turds know it. You can't even give them a good telling off because you may damage their psyche... *sheesh*

T.

I agree 100% on that. I used to get the belt right across my backside as a youngster up until I was about 12years old. But I think I have turned out to be a decent member of society :)

Yes and if you make them stay in their room you are committing an act of " false imprisonment" :rofl:

The world has gone mad!! :eek::crazy::flame:

Edited by thundercat

Megan I too was one of the lucky ones to rarely if ever feel the belt around my butt. But I knew from a very young age the consequences of doing something I shouldn't.

These particular children need disciplining over this matter and more then just a slap on the wrist. The need to understand consequences and a good whopping could be there saving.

I know I raised my kids with a wooden spoon handy and they all made it to adulthood as decent people who have not had run ins with the law. And they still manage to love there mother

I don't really think the blanket answer is a good wallop. I can count on one hand the number of times I was smacked as a child, and it was only ever used as a last resort when I'd done something really bad. I turned out just fine.

The fact that two kids ten and under were even out roaming on their own is a problem on its own, and an indicator of how they're parented. What a disgusting thing - and then of all things going around trying to sell the kittens?? :eek: I am so glad that none of the tiny babies died during the ordeal.

Imagine how terrified the animals would be ...... who would be responsible if any of the animals had bitten/injured the little brats? Security needs a big overhaul

Stupid little girls. Imagine if there were DA or HA dogs released or ones that suffered from extreme anxiety which I know a lot of shelter dogs would. They are so lucky that nothing happened and all of the dogs and cats were brought back and safe. They do need more than a slap on the wrist, if they were my children they would not be leaving the house for a very long time, disgusting behavior.

From the video link, it says they were banned, because of letting three cats out the week before. I think they would have decided to 'payback' the shelter by breaking in and letting out all the animals.

I'm not saying the kids are blameless, at seven, ten or thirteen, you are old enough to know right from wrong. But If my seven, ten or thirteen year old were roaming around the streets doing this sort of thing I'd generally be considered a pretty pathetic parent.

Kids only act the way that their parents, and society in general, have taught them how to act. As a teacher, I've seen that all that instant gratification they have in their lives means that they never learn the values instilled in children a few generations ago. The 'bad' ones could be more readily kept in line knowing that if they didn't toe it, they would get a thrashing.

Nonetheless, I love children, and am saddened that people here would like to 'lock up ' a 7 year old. They don't reason the way an adult does at that age. Scrubbing filthy cages and hanging laundry for the RSPCA every weekend would be more apt IMO.

Kids only act the way that their parents, and society in general, have taught them how to act. As a teacher, I've seen that all that instant gratification they have in their lives means that they never learn the values instilled in children a few generations ago. The 'bad' ones could be more readily kept in line knowing that if they didn't toe it, they would get a thrashing.

Nonetheless, I love children, and am saddened that people here would like to 'lock up ' a 7 year old. They don't reason the way an adult does at that age. Scrubbing filthy cages and hanging laundry for the RSPCA every weekend would be more apt IMO.

****LIKE***

T.