Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

well I couldn't have asked for a more textbook whelping.

Zara was restless all of yesterday and even though she hadn't had the temp drop, you could feel her uterus contracting at intervals throughout the day. By 1am last night, I decided nothing was going to happen, she was pretty settled and in my room so I would hear if anything happened. I woke at 7am, took her out to the loo, she was very clingy so I then let her jump back on my bed for cuddles. I could feel her contractions this time and could visibly see her contract. Popped her in the whelping box (not that she wanted to stay!) and within 30mins we had our first pup. 15mins later a 2nd, then a bit of a break, 2 more and then a bit more of a break and another pup.

Mum is doing amazingly well as are the pups. A bit freaked out with the first one born feet first and I had to pull her out, but she is going strong now. I had help by the 3rd pup and they are all settled and feeding now. Done and dusted by 10:30am!

Couldn't have asked for a better time for whelping!

Breakdown is

2 blue boys (1 NBT)

2 black girls (1 NBT)

1 black boy

Lovely markings on all of them :D. So proud of my girl. She was a real pro.

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zara was restless all of yesterday and even though she hadn't had the temp drop, you could feel her uterus contracting at intervals throughout the day. By 1am last night, I decided nothing was going to happen, she was pretty settled and in my room so I would hear if anything happened. I woke at 7am, took her out to the loo, she was very clingy so I then let her jump back on my bed for cuddles. I could feel her contractions this time and could visibly see her contract. Popped her in the whelping box (not that she wanted to stay!) and within 30mins we had our first pup. 15mins later a 2nd, then a bit of a break, 2 more and then a bit more of a break and another pup.

Mum is doing amazingly well as are the pups. A bit freaked out with the first one born feet first and I had to pull her out, but she is going strong now. I had help by the 3rd pup and they are all settled and feeding now. Done and dusted by 10:30am!

Breakdown is

2 blue boys (1 NBT)

2 black girls (1 NBT)

1 black boy

CONGRATULATIONS LP and Zara!

Way to go with the timing and ease of whelping! It's always so stressful when everything goes right, let alone if something goes wrong.

Breakdown is

2 blue boys (1 NBT)

2 black girls (1 NBT)

1 black boy

Hey that's not fair that you got to have a good night's sleep and then she whelped easily in the morning!!! LOL

Congratulations though and hope that little NBT girl is a stunner for you with the right temperament and desire to work too :)

Our girl is 60 days tommorow friday and tonight sitting on my knee these bubbas are certainly active little ones hopefully agility bubbas in the making. Not long now 3 days till due date. Spoke to m vet tonight as i take puppy classes there shes ready if i need her.

thanks everyone! She's being a perfect mum - very attentive but not OTT. Making my job very easy. Already has hopped out of the box without force a couple of times, had a play with the other dogs before going back to maternal duties :laugh: I could have sworn she's done it all before!

Ptolomy - fingers crossed for yourself too. Cider looks like she's got a few packed in there!

GL - needless to say I probably won't do any more than pop by on Saturday if I can get a dog sitter ;-). See how she's going!

We are on day 60 today this morning she is acting different sookier remade all her bed so the start of nesting and shaking a tiny bit no panting yet think we are starting to progress no work for me today. Waiting.....waiting.......

GL - needless to say I probably won't do any more than pop by on Saturday if I can get a dog sitter ;-). See how she's going!

LOL LP, the puppy party was last Saturday!! You're more than welcome to pop over to see the babies though - just let me know when so i can make sure we're home! They don't go home until New Years day and onwards :)