Litters Due December 2012

Monteba

:( sadly at almost 4 weeks we lost our little dark boy "zayde" devastated as he was my pick to stay here :( not too sure what went on but he's not suffering and that's the main thing..

RIP my little Z-man "Darkrai Steal my Sunshine" :(

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:( sadly at almost 4 weeks we lost our little dark boy "zayde" devastated as he was my pick to stay here :( not too sure what went on but he's not suffering and that's the main thing..

What was the first indication that there was a problem?

Has anybody read the thread on giving red cordial to puppies?

literally in a space of hrs he developed what was believed to be hypoglycemia which we treated and there was minimal improvement .. went to bed Friday he had the slight shakes but apart from being whiney wasn't too bad, just lethargic but hoping a good nights rest and give his body time to rest. Saturday morning had to look after family but he was back to how he was Friday so treated him again and left him to rest with the plan of heading to the vet a short while later but sadly he passed on..

we're not sure if possibly mum sat on him as originally we found him curled up under his bed but we're never going to know.. our girls breeder had a litter recently where she lost a few to what we still believe was hypoglycemia.. she also managed to save a pup from it too.. so right now being vigal with everyone else. being an uncommon breed we don't know if they are susceptible to the condition.. so it's just a matter off Learning what we can..

it has been touch and go here as mum decided to stop feeding for a bit but we managed to get onto that.. her breeder has been so much support to us. just all the little things have Made it a roller coaster at the best of times lol!

literally in a space of hrs he developed what was believed to be hypoglycemia which we treated and there was minimal improvement .. went to bed Friday he had the slight shakes but apart from being whiney wasn't too bad, just lethargic but hoping a good nights rest and give his body time to rest. Saturday morning had to look after family but he was back to how he was Friday so treated him again and left him to rest with the plan of heading to the vet a short while later but sadly he passed on..

we're not sure if possibly mum sat on him as originally we found him curled up under his bed but we're never going to know.. our girls breeder had a litter recently where she lost a few to what we still believe was hypoglycemia.. she also managed to save a pup from it too.. so right now being vigal with everyone else. being an uncommon breed we don't know if they are susceptible to the condition.. so it's just a matter off Learning what we can..

it has been touch and go here as mum decided to stop feeding for a bit but we managed to get onto that.. her breeder has been so much support to us. just all the little things have Made it a roller coaster at the best of times lol!

Thank you for sharing your story. So sorry you lost your little one.

what a day we've had.. had to run off to the vet as our fat girl looked like she was going downhill and didn't want to risk losing her.

sadly though we still have no answers though.. we got her and a sibling tested for hypoglycemia with no luck as they were both normal andthe vitals are normal with the exception of a slightly raised temp but not high enough to be a fever..

as she is still little we can't get enough blood from her without risking making her worse or killing her as they need about 3mL of blood which is a lot of a 400g or so gram puppy if that.. no upset tummy or vomiting just the shakes and off her food which is not like her.. and this was in the space of about 3 hrs that she went downhill...vet suggested fluids except also admitted it probably wouldnt do much as she had good hydration and not knowing what was wrong with her it was possibly a waste of time and money

she has improved slightly with less shakes we have to syringe feed her to keep the food going but she seems to be through the worst we hope..if she doesn't improve we will head to our regular vet this week as being Sunday had to go elsewhere.. there's been a few suggestions thrown around about conditions that will require more testing as she gets older but those are very unlikely scenarios... mum is healthy so not sure we just have to take it each day as it comes and deal with what we can.

were trying our best to learn what we can, we don't know if this is a Lowchen thing or something else entirely but hopefully our journey will help others..

sending healthy vibes to everyone

How awfull for you

all I can think of perhaps its neurological or vascular....I had a little pup older than yours though at 7wks that all of a sudden had the shakes and droppped into a coma. By some miracle he survived, shouldnt have though, as the problem was to do with the main blood vessels going into the brain, restricting blood flow.

It was an abnormality he was born with, we dont know why it didnt affect him earlier or why he survived it when really it should have killed him at just a week or so after birth.

The only other thing the vet said we could do was an MRI, which was not an option for us. So he just got fluids and we crossed our fingers in hope. Thankfully he is now fully recovered, and a much brighter happier pup than he was before.

Anyway, just wanted to share my story in case it may help you.

Lots of luck.

Edited by SLF

well good news is she has pulled through :) back to happy fattie puppy lol! she's picked back up in her appetite and isn't as shaky so we can hopefully say the worst is over.

still doesn't give us any answers as to what happened to her or her brother but for now take what we can get which is a happy pup sitting in her food dish :)

well good news is she has pulled through :) back to happy fattie puppy lol! she's picked back up in her appetite and isn't as shaky so we can hopefully say the worst is over.

still doesn't give us any answers as to what happened to her or her brother but for now take what we can get which is a happy pup sitting in her food dish :)

Talk about a roller coaster ride. Lets hope whatever it is - she is on the road to recovery.

Just wondering - at what stage do other tell people on their puppy list that there is a puppy for them? It would be so hard saying yes there is and then having to say - er sorry no there isn't.

Congrats Pav Lova!! How many do you have? Cant wait to see some piccies!!

A couple of pics as promised of my new little ones, all born between 580 and 680 grams. This mating has been planned for years and is very special considering it was the last of the semen from this UK dog. He has produced some outstanding progeny that have had huge success in the showring overseas, so Im hoping for something really special, especially with this being a line breeding. Even more exciting is I have two of my babies heading to the UK! Better pics will come, just been using my phone at the moment :) All babies are doing well and Kijana is being such a good mumma. Her milk didnt come in straight away so I have been topping them up after a feed from her :)

post-4991-0-19843600-1356948650_thumb.jpg

post-4991-0-71982500-1356948668_thumb.jpg

post-4991-0-28708200-1356948691_thumb.jpg