What Is Your Fondest Doggy Memory

Squidgy

Seriously loving these stories they are so cute!!!

I have been reading them out to my Bf and he is like omg I have never seen someone so addicted to a forum in my life hahaha

:rofl: hahaha when he comes over he now instinctively asks me do I have any DOL or doggy things to share with him before he starts his convos hahaha Love him

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have so many fond memories of my dogs but I think one just happened that is the funniest ever. My dog plays with soft toys upside down - so laying on her back, legs in the air. She holds her toy in the air with her front paws and chews/sucks on it. That's funny to watch in itself.

Just now she was doing that same thing but with her head hanging off the couch. She dropped her toy over her head & instead of righting herself & reaching down to get the toy whilst the right way up she tried to do it whilst still upside down. So she's was hanging off the couch upside down, front paws touching the ground trying to reach the toy with her mouth. That was until she fell off onto her head & then falling in a heap on the floor.

She then gave me the 'what?! I meant to do that' look. Hahaha!!

So many wonderful memories of my dogs. When we would go camping I would pick up a small rock and throw it in the creek, my bear would leap off a 3 metre bank and duck dive, be down there for 2 minutes at least and come up with the rock I had thrown. At night he would be exhausted and sleep in front of my chair by the camp fire with steam coming off his body as it dried. We would hop in the tent together and he would be my electric blanket. RIP my beautiful bear, gone but never ever ever forgotten :cry:

One of my whippets now gone to God, Kiri used to do back flips when she was excited. I didn't teach her, she started it all by herself. When she knew we were about to go in the car, or for a walk she would run up to me and........ I'm not even sure how but she'd jump up at me and then use me as a lauch pad to do a somersault! I've seen films of circus dogs doing it, but I assume they've been trained, but I didn't train Kiri, I'd have no idea how to. I wish I had it on film.

Another memory, but really something I just never tire of watching is when whippets run.

I've actually got a bit of film of that, but the boys have a squabble at the end, I must stress, it wasn't serious, no blood was spilled and I just told them to cut it out, and it was over. Watch tiny Feather in one part how quickly she accelerates to catch them up, but then she overshoots. She was much faster than the boys when she was younger.

zoom zoom fight!
Edited by Kirislin

I was having a really crap time with my eating disorders and was pretty much curled up in bed wanting the world to go away. My heart girl Stussy has always sensed when I am not 'well'. This particular day, when she was still only quite young, she jumped onto the bed and left her current favourite toy on my chest. I could see her trying to tell me that the toy made her happy and she hoped it would make me happy too.

God I love that dog!

I have lots and lots :)

One that jumps quickly to mind is the day my now, gone but then 14yo mostly deaf, partially blind dog started barking. It was constant and insistent and not like any bark he normally did. I was on the phone so wandered out and had a look around and couldn't see anything. I wondered if doggy dementia was setting in.

I went back inside. He started up again, I decided it really needed closer inspection so left my phone call and intently watched what he was doing. He was now staring at the down pipe. I very carefully reached around from inside the garage and moved the pooper scooper the was next to the down pipe. Behind said popper scooper was a 5 foot dugite.

I went "oh crap" I am sure I heard him roll his eyes and he wandered back to his bed. I could just about see written on his face "about bloody time, I'm going back to bed!"

The interesting thing about it was he had never, ever before in his life barked at a snake. If he saw one he would just give it a wide berth and keep going. I was very thankful he did because it was right where my kids play. I still am not sure why he did it but the snake was curled up for a sleep not moving through so maybe he didn't like that???

He got extra treats that day!

Edited by OSoSwift

Thank You for asking

I guess the most memorable was when baby Honbun saw OH for the first time. When the airport crate opened she ran straight into his arms. Her body language was screaming...

"Oh my! You are the one! You are gorgeous! I love you! Where have you been all my life! I've been waiting for the whole 9 weeks!"

Honbun's breeder and I were having serious laughing fits watching her reaction.

Needless to say papa & Honbun have been in love ever since that day.

Christmas holidays with interstate family had nothing to do with the beach, family or the xmas prezzies.... it was all about the GSD! She taught me to love dogs, she was the only dog in my life for years and I will always have the best memories of her.

She had the tolerance of a saint! I was very obssessed with her and followed her everywhere, I fell asleep against her many times, I snuck away from the table at lunch times to share food with her, got up early for her daily swim or walk. Bliss!