What Breed Do You Love To Watch In The Ring...

SwaY

I love watching the Springers :) and have to admit can't go passed a nice moving afghan :)

Apart from my own breed of course (but not all of them :laugh: )

[/quote

I so agree with you too. :)

Siberian Husky. There are so many that don't move properly. When I see one that does move... I could watch it all day (I apologise to any Sibe handler who has a nice mover if/when I ever become a judge... You'll be made to run... a lot! :laugh: )

I love watching Samoyeds and also the German Shephards (when they're good). I have never seen one in action but I think that a nice White Swiss Shephard would be great to watch in the ring too.

For entertainment value, I really enjoy watching the Chihuahua judging too - that includes the dogs that go beautifully, the ones that are pyschotic and also the owners trying to work out which one needs to go in next and trying to find where they put down their one lead.....LOL. I know not all exhibitors are like that but a lot of the ones around here are.

Edited by conztruct

I an not a show person but I love seeing ( a correctly bred, not "bigger is better" ) Giant Schnauzer in the ring - they have such a presence. There are very few that are shown in Melbourne so they are a treat to see.

I an not a show person but I love seeing ( a correctly bred, not "bigger is better" ) Giant Schnauzer in the ring - they have such a presence. There are very few that are shown in Melbourne so they are a treat to see.

and with that goes the harsh coat, not these soft coated with lots of leg hair types!

I love to watch any dog that moves well, a stand out dog is just that, no matter what the breed. A good handler that gets the best from the dog as well makes a BIG difference, which is why I dont show my dogs!

we can all learn from most breeds and I enjoy them all.

I'd just like to add that a few breeds I would like to watch in the ring would be a Bedlington Terrier and a Greyhound.

In our area there are none shown which is a shame and I have watch videos on youtube etc but I'd love to see both of these breeds in action, in person.

I absolutely fell in love with the Greyhounds at the EKKA this year (well as much as you can as a second favourite breed after Bull Terriers - lol). Eventually I'd love to own and show one.

Edited by conztruct

Toy poodles gaiting - they are just so proud and "forward". Fantastic. Nearly make you cry

Also - Pekingese - I like the way they roll when they walk, and they way they don't seem to give a rats about anything - they are just doing their own thing.

Good movers of any breed but I will go ringside to watch the above two, where I wont with anything else.