Dingo Pups For Sale

mixeduppup

haven't read the whole thread as new here, similar discussions with wolves and wolf hybrids - fundamentally if you love these animals then leave them alone as much as possible, they don't want yr company, they are not happy as pets, this is not disneyland.

will read rest of thread now, i was horrified with the thread title and thought aussies had more brains.

Probably best to read the thread before saying blanket statements like that. Dingoes are nothing like wolves or Wolf hybrids

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I spoke to a Dingo handler at Currumbin Wildlife Sanctuary a while back. He said they cannot run a breeding program as Dingoes are considered a pest in QLD. He said they had to buy from breeders in NSW to maintain their Dingo enclosure. I find that very sad. Absolutely beautiful animals.

The paper does make the point that backcrossing to wolves at a more modern time could have been responsible for the phylogenetic pattern. This seems likely given the breed history?

Dingoes, NGSD and some of the south-east asian dogs also partitioned out with some of the asian wolves, making it plausible they backcrossed or were derived from asian wolves. (this was in another analysis they did).

(*disclaimer* - I haven't read the paper since it first came out, I just looked at the trees to jog my memory :p)

I would think that if the position of huskies and malamutes was largely affetced by backcrossing, they would would be in their own clade between dogs and wolves. The tree showing that they clustered with the other 'ancient and spitz' dogs made me think that they were genuine members of that group. But of course phylogenies can do some darn strange things if you don't watch them closely! ;)

Would be interesting if they could distinguish between back-crossing and deriving from a common ancestor of those Asiatic wolves :)

yes i should read the whole thread as basic manners - nothing will shift my opinion tho that people fixated on owning animals that are better left in the wild where they would be much happier is WRONG & STUPID, always ends badly for the animal after the human has had their fix.

totally THE SAME idea with wolves and wolf hybrids AND..., sick, sick, sick people.

if you admire them, respect them and LEAVE THEM ALONE, again this is not disneyland, slap yrself and wake up to reality.

dingoes die becuase tourists want their fix and keep disobeying the rules and keep feeding them, keep feeding them, bring them closer, get a pic of how you tamed the wild beast FACT - THOSE ANIMALS THEN DIE - cos some idiot wrote their death sentence by insisting on feeding them.

I think Oord is talking about the dingoes on Fraser Island specifically

yes I thought thats what was meant as well, but I dont thing Oord realises there are plenty of camp dingo's still living with aboringinals besides the the genuine wild ones.

as for neighbours pup, if her husband had not rescued her, her life would have ended in that pub.

it wasnt a question of her ever being returned to her mum.

she ended up having a very happy and well adjusted life in the burbs. she certainly had no idea she was supposed to be a wild animal

Actually dingoes die because farmers shoot them mostly. Your post seems highly emotive and irrational.

Agreed.

I haven't seen anyone here promoting the idea of keeping wolves or wolf hybrids.Discussing results of experiments in domestication, or hybrids people have encountered is hardly the same thing.

Frankly Fraser Island is pretty much a disgrace, there are times of the year there when the dingos are starving.

they are hunter scavengers, to allow people into frazer island during these times is stupid and cruel to both the people and the dingos. any opportunity for a free feed will be taken, not just tourists wanting photos as was assumed.

If the authorities honestly belive its ok for natural selection to cull the weakest during these times at least they should close the park until the dingos have died and there is sufficient food available.

just because they are not as big, powerful and dangerous and bears doesnt change the fact the authorities allow the public into a national park during a time of starvation.

bears that come in and scavenge in the visitor areas are caught and removed well away to prevent their return.

the Frazer Island dingos have no such luxury, they are there and few take the sea escape route to the mainland if any.

If the authorites knowing the dingos are in starvaton times why dont they cull some so the survivors dont end up so hungry some decide a child might be just as tasty as a wallaby?

or if they still want tourists there, put feeding stations out in the bush where no tourists are?

where no tourists are? they are evrywhere, especially where they are not supposed to be. they do cull, prolly not enough but the public reaction to culling is hysterical.

yes emotional but definately fully rational and objective. yes i was referring to frazer island but it could be any national park with a number of different species other than dingoes, the bunyas have same problem with tourists feeding native birds you have to see piles of birds who's stomachs literally explode after eating various flour based products and rice that swell untill the birds split open - all the tourists knows is they got a great photo, always ignore the clear signs telling of the dangers. the birds also lose their survival skills so the argument is irreleevnt to a particular species whether its wolves, dingoes, parrots, wales, dolphins......exact same problem, exact same stupidity and painful waste of life.

wolf hybrids thankfully are not avaialable here as they are a a huge source of exploitation, most are just malamutes/GSD crosses etc,real hybrids make horrible pets as they dig huge holes to hide in if they can,they are timid fearful escape artists.

sorry my opinion differs from some, nothing personal but surely there are enough domestic dog breeds and crosses to pick from to satisfy your needs - what the hell need are you satisfying anyway????? what will your dingo do??? novelty ornament?

Edited by orrd

Your tone is grating.

Because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't make their 'tone' grating (how you read tone into a post written on a forum is totally up to you anyway).

While I might not agree with all their points, I too am against the vast majority of people keeping exotic/wild animals for pets too. It isn't for the animals benefit - it is for the person's. A camp dingo is very different from a dingo living in the burbs because 'OMG it is soooo cute".

now you are drawing a long bow.

Wild dingos, encouraged into camps especially hungry ones can and have killed children.

I for one have never heard or seen a post that a domesticated dingo in the suburbs or cities and there they are there, usually brought back from outback trips, like the neighbours girl, ever attacked or killed someones smf walking past or its owner .

theres a lot of headlines of supposedly fully domesticated breeds doing it though. just surf this forum. no need to google.

as for chucking in the birds?

wasnt the subject you brought up the tourists enticing the dingos in and they being shot as a result?

as i remember children have been savaged and killed on frazer island .

i know a chap, well a few who work with the exhibited dingos at various parks. they are kept securely fenced in and not one of them consider entering their pens dangerous, I doubt that can be said of any of the overseas carnivors on exhibit though.

one chap was crying when he retired knowing he would be no longer able to play with his charges any more . he would have loved to take his favourite home.

Edited by asal

Your tone is grating.

Because someone doesn't agree with you, doesn't make their 'tone' grating (how you read tone into a post written on a forum is totally up to you anyway).

While I might not agree with all their points, I too am against the vast majority of people keeping exotic/wild animals for pets too. It isn't for the animals benefit - it is for the person's. A camp dingo is very different from a dingo living in the burbs because 'OMG it is soooo cute".

I find their tone grating because they're labeling everyone who has a pet dingoes as selfish attention seekers basically. A lot of people would disagree with having a LGD as a family pet in suburbia as well, it doesn't mean it can't happen and it certainly doesn't mean you want it for status or "novelty". If people can provide a dingo with a good life, with everything it needs, then it sure beats being shot by a farmer. Dingoes are NOT wolves, Dingoes are descended from domestic Asiatic dogs and are basically feral and not truly wild. The notion that everyone who owns a dingo is cruel is what I find grating.

thank goodness the dingo will never attract the attention of the macho's who just have to have a pit bull or any of the other fighting breeds as an extension of their egos.

they tend to be the owners of the attacking breeds, far too many even encourage their dogs to be agressive, these are the people who put these breeds into the headlines.

making life a misery for the good responsible owners of these same breeds.

no dingo would contribute to a scary image or attract the dog fighting fraternity luckily for them.

Edited by asal

Your tone is grating.

I find their tone grating because they're labeling everyone who has a pet dingoes as selfish attention seekers basically. A lot of people would disagree with having a LGD as a family pet in suburbia as well, it doesn't mean it can't happen and it certainly doesn't mean you want it for status or "novelty". If people can provide a dingo with a good life, with everything it needs, then it sure beats being shot by a farmer. Dingoes are NOT wolves, Dingoes are descended from domestic Asiatic dogs and are basically feral and not truly wild. The notion that everyone who owns a dingo is cruel is what I find grating.

how on earth walking a dingo anywhere could be construed as 'attention seeking" beats me.

99.9 % of people wouldnt even realise that goldi looking mutt was a dingo, most would think it was a cattledog n missedout on the mottling. the black and tans easily pass for a kelpie.

n saints preserve us its no accident either, I sure know the cattledog is part dingo.

ditto for some kelpies

Edited by asal