Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

Harper and Stevie went for a walk together soon after that too... I was pretty happy that she took Stevie's lead when we had to use the freeway overpass walkway - the big trucks and stuff roaoring by underneath didn't seem to faze her at all, and she met some kids at the skate bowl thing who thought she was pretty cute, but they loved Stevie's tricks more!

It won't be long before Sammy will be more equal to Harper in weight and agility, and then I reckon we'll get some even more funny vids... *grin*

T.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's getting big!!!

Lots of happy, healthy looking hounds, just what I like to see :) he is absolutely to die for kat :love:

Harper is looking divine aswell :love:

He is getting big! In chunks! I swear his tail grew two inches in the last few days, but his head hasn't caught up yet :laugh:

Wow the boy is growing up - his sister has been on holiday down the coast with all the gang and discovered the surf. Not a bit concerned - such a water baby! I walking in upto my knee and called the big kids. Kura bolted into the surf and before I could catch her was flattend by a wave. :confused: I thought ah poor baby she wont like being in the surf now. How wrong was I :thumbsup: whereever I went she went and it didnt matter how many times she was splatterd by a wave on the waters edge she kept coming and bouncing along the shoreline. She was most upset I had to drag her out so we could go home. She slept very well that day. :)

I'm hoping that Sammy will teach Harper that water isn't evil... although she isn't fazed by the "rubbish" bottle at all... grrr! She wants me to squirt it into her mouth so she can drink it... *sigh*

T.

lol kids!

Sammy had a BIG DAY OUT on Saturday! First a trip to the local pet food place to be gushed over, and we tried out a new walking collar. Then off to the husband's tennis club where we walked around the cricket oval and block. Poor boy thought everyone we met was his new best friend, so by the end of the walk he was starting to go goggle eyed - who'd have thought there were so many people in the world! He also met young children, old blokes and learnt to sit on a bar stool (bad husband, but he at least had a hand on him the whole time so he couldn't fall). When he sees something he's never seen before, like covers being pulled off the picket fence at the oval and run towards the pitch, he just sits and watches, with the cutest head tilt ever. Just that 3/4 hour wander around and he slept like the dead for a couple of hours, then wanted to go home to his girls. He cried in the car on the way home then when we got out of the car he ran up the driveway as quickly as I'd let him so that he could make sure Stevie and Jodie were ok!

On a little walk last night he found a baby's shoe discarded on the side of the road that he carried for several hundred metres. He dropped it eventually but turned back to get it so I carried it home for him :o It's now shredded and I expect some bits of pink to come out in his poo (and Stevie's) tonight but it was the first time he wanted to carry something instead of just running away with it.

Oh, and I said his tail grew two inches the other day. Well, yesterday it was his back/spine. He got a bit of a Dachy look going for a while! Hopefully today it will have been his legs and head so he evens out a bit :)

Sammy and I had a proper walk today. Apart from randomly walking in between my legs at times, he's very good :)

There were lots of new things to see and smell. He thinks every person he sees might be a new best friend ever and gets so excited to meet them, so we're going to work on sitting and ignoring people. He also discovered duck poo, skate boards, bicycles, kids on swings, and bridges. Three bridges - one is a wobbly footpath over a stormwater drain, one is a footbridge over the M5 and the last was the road bridge over the M5, with traffic going everywhere. Nothing phases this puppy! The only thing he really couldn't work out was a whirly thingy in a front yard.

We're also going to have to work on the last little bit of the walk home. Once he knows where he is, he pulls hard trying to run back to make sure his girls are ok!

Some random piccies of my big boy:

Crossing the M5 - not scared by traffic, but they didn't have THIS in Woodstock!

post-15359-0-60537100-1359115550_thumb.jpg

Beautiful lake (very yukky really) and ducks

post-15359-0-33097300-1359115562_thumb.jpg

It's WATER! I'm MEANT to go in it!

post-15359-0-02323800-1359115714_thumb.jpg

Catching up with some very elderly ladies - maybe they're my next best friends!

post-15359-0-13396100-1359115575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Katdogs

:rofl: PS they must be great drugs :thumbsup:

Sammy's now on a cup and a half of Canidae in the mornings and looks for more, and got through a massive joint of turkey wing the other night! He's eating almost as much as Stevie and Jodie combined and still looks skinny!

I just want to say "thanks" to Katdogs for sharing Sammy's life with us. I too have a black labby (she's five now), and I am just loving reliving all the puppy "stuff". Sammy is a very beautiful little bloke. He is going to be a very special man. Keep sharing please.

Apologies - think I still have drugs in my system - i just looked at that last pic of sammy and thought

'oh he's got pauline's eyes!'

Uh ha can you send me some of those drugs - you are obviously not just puppy sniffing lol :)

And Ms Katdogz there most definately is traffic in Woodstock - we get atleast 2 cars drive past us a day lol :rofl: . :rofl: Sitting and watching what is happening is a trait of my dogs they are trying to process what is happening - they are rarely scared and they usually engage with the oddity they are watching if it is dafe otherwiose thay stay out of range. :thumbsup:

Edited by Tapua

Poor Harper has gone from part staffy to part great dane I think! Tempeh is also eating far in excess of what it says on the kibble bag (or what the others eat) but looks lean and empty even after a meal. She does have those long supermodel legs to fill I guess. And I can remember almost losing a finger or ten to Tapuas starving labs at bikkie time!

As for the drugs - all legal, just what they gave me for the surgery, but I really think it sends me a little loopy over the days afterwards as I have had my crazy hat on! I've not needed any pain meds since the screws were replaced so can't blame that. I have to keep reminding myself I just had surgery and need to heal up.