Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

You must've missed the PM? I got news only the other week that my wrist hadn't healed after the 6 weeks, bone was indenting and 3 of the screws were in the wrong place, which was all rather depressing. So I had to have more surgery on it last wednesday and am back to being one handed again for a bit. I'm back in physio already and will be having more post op appointments to make sure it works this time. My surgeon would crack if he thought I was doing anything risky (like going to see The Snowdroppers tonight which I desperately want to do but can't) and I think dragging around luggage and catching public transport (even a plane!) would be on his risky list at present. Let alone letting me loose with a whole heap of new dogs to smooch!

So no meeting everyone and no Sammy or Harper (or Pickles!) kisses for me. I'm going totally stir crazy at the thought of another 6 weeks of not being able to do things properly (washing and brushing hair, shaving armpits, wearing a bra, etc). Do I let myself go totally or do I cling on to whatever sense of ladylike behaviour I can still muster?

Sorry for OT - I'm sure Sammy would love me regardless!!!!!

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ummm... your sis could carry your luggage to the car and drop you off at the airport... then me or Katdogs could pick you up at this end - the airport is about 15 mins away from us. No excuses about carting luggage will work... lol!

As for the smooch fest... I'm sure we could work out a system of one dog at a time for you to cuddle... *grin*

T.

I know, I know but if I flew down I'd want to stretch it out but with the physio appointments twice a week I wouldn't be able to stay more than a long weekend. Don't even get me started on how broke this has all made me! Bottom line is I think I just have to suck it up and focus on this repairing itself or it will never come good. I am naturally very easily distracted by thoughts of fun and fur but think I need to have my mature, adult hat on at present. I totally wasn't expecting more surgery.

So I can only hope that there might be another BBQ offer down the track! Plus there are so many DOLers I desperately want to meet down that way and I'd love to come out to your rescue to see how it operates. And of course family that I'd want to see. I might need to create my own Contiki Tour and drive down a bit later in the year as we are also looking to move back to NSW but don't know where so I could add new town scouting to my itinerary!

Gorgeous photos of Sammy, he is such a little cutie,

Thought you might like to see another of Sapper, another Tapua dog. As you can see he is a massive sook of a lap dog :D

Sappylapdog_zps9c46295a.jpg

Hi Monique Wow Sapper Doo looks like his mum :) Say hi to Nads for us I hope he isnt jumping on trampalines anytime soon - hug Sapper for us he is such a lovely boy.

I'm glad this thread is giving some smiles!

Cyclone Sammy keeps roaring through the house, over all the toys spread everywhere, out into the clamshell, back under Stevie, over Jodie, round the lounge room then start again! He pooed in the house earlier :( This rain is too heavy to toilet in but fun to gallop through!

In about five minutes he'll slide open the bathroom door for himself and collapse for an hour. Then up for another wild thundering zoomie!

I've PMd or facebooked or emailed a few people for a Sammy BBQ but I'm losing track of who!

If you haven't received a message but think you should have - either because you're a Lab fan or have been on DOL for years and will be in Sydney on Saturday 16 Feb - please don't take it personally and just PM me and we'll sort it out :o

Powerlegs please email me your latest contact details if you can - Greg needs your OH's backup to survive this!

Cheers!

I almost lost a battle of wills last night.

Sammy found a rotten banana on our walk and planted his bum and WOULD NOT MOVE ON! It was the most wonderful smelling food he'd ever encountered and all my treats, squeaking noises, commanding, requesting, pleading and begging wouldn't budge him :mad We were next to a really busy road so I wasn't game to drop the lead and run off without him. Finally I ran him back towards the banana but managed to run past it because he was on his feet, and we kept going back in a run in the other direction.

This is one stubborn young man when it comes to food and play :laugh:

He is now sitting very nicely and waiting to be told he can eat his food, just like the girls. He can also back out of the fridge door on command (though I can't seem to stop him sticking his head in to start with), and sit at the doorway to the kitchen or lounge with the girls and wait until we've eaten our dinner. He's learnt some great social skills with other dogs and people - and he's yearning for the day he's as big as Harper and can wrestle her properly!

Sammy found a rotten banana on our walk and planted his bum and WOULD NOT MOVE ON! It was the most wonderful smelling food he'd ever encountered and all my treats, squeaking noises, commanding, requesting, pleading and begging wouldn't budge him :mad We were next to a really busy road so I wasn't game to drop the lead and run off without him. Finally I ran him back towards the banana but managed to run past it because he was on his feet, and we kept going back in a run in the other direction.

He is now sitting very nicely and waiting to be told he can eat his food, just like the girls. He can also back out of the fridge door on command (though I can't seem to stop him sticking his head in to start with), and sit at the doorway to the kitchen or lounge with the girls and wait until we've eaten our dinner. He's learnt some great social skills with other dogs and people - and he's yearning for the day he's as big as Harper and can wrestle her properly!

He's trained very well - he was sitting waiting for his cue to eat the 'nana!

:rofl:

He's trained very well - he was sitting waiting for his cue to eat the 'nana!

:rofl:

It was black and very stinky and banana makes me :vomit: even if it's a healthy one so there was no way he was eating it! I can handle cat poo treats but not banana!

I don't think Sammy's going to get as big as Harper's going to get somehow... and he can wrestle her just fine already... *grin*

I think Harper is in love with Sammy, Stevie, and Jodie... and her Aunty Katdogs... every time I put her collar and lead on, she tries to drag me over the road to go visit her besties.

There are only 4 people that Harper will go to willingly (she's a bit of a mummy's girl)... me, Katdogs, Aunty lillypilly, and another human Aunty at the rescue... everyone else she sits and waits for me to introduce her to.

T.