Sammy The Anti-gardener And His Big Weekend

Katdogs

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16-02-2013-gibsons-bbq172.jpg

You can see Sammy and Harper watching going "ohhh Max that's gotta hurt :eek: ... ahh, carry on *POUNCE* "

Sometimes being a barrel on legs has it's disadvantages, especially when trying to turn sharp corners :laugh:

Edited by minimax

Awsome photos! :thumbsup: Looks like everyone had a blast.

T, are any of those dogs foster dogs and looking for a home? Just curious...

All of the dogs at the BBQ are forever furkids poochmad.

Maybe if we have another BBQ, I'll see about bringing along a couple of rescues that are looking for new homes too, OK?

T.

You can see Sammy and Harper watching going "ohhh Max that's gotta hurt :eek: ... ahh, carry on *POUNCE* "

Sometimes being a barrel on legs has it's disadvantages, especially when trying to turn sharp corners :laugh:

Max was the life of the party, wasn't she? Being a barrel on legs also means that you just roll, get up, and keep on playing... lol!

T.

Max was the life of the party, wasn't she? Being a barrel on legs also means that you just roll, get up, and keep on playing... lol!

T.

She does that when she runs and does zoomies in the park ... she runsrunsrunsBARRELROLLSrunsunsruns and everyone goes "Oh Max tripped over, is she ok?" and I have to tell them that yes, she's fine she is just practicing to be a stunt pug. I've never been able to teach her to roll over, but in the middle of a zoomie she will barrel roll for no apparent reason and then keep going :rofl:

We really should get the three pups together again before Sammy and Harper get too big, not only did Max have the time of her life but the others really looked like they had an awesome time too.

I was so worried that Harper would tread on Max when they were playing zoomie conga lines, but Max is obviously well versed in avoiding obstacles... lol!

It would be awesome to have another playdate for the furkids - Harper was still subdued from all the exercise until about lunch time on Sunday... bliss!

Hint hint Katdogs... think we could do semi regular doggie fun BBQ's?

T.

I was so worried that Harper would tread on Max when they were playing zoomie conga lines, but Max is obviously well versed in avoiding obstacles... lol!

It would be awesome to have another playdate for the furkids - Harper was still subdued from all the exercise until about lunch time on Sunday... bliss!

Hint hint Katdogs... think we could do semi regular doggie fun BBQ's?

T.

Max always plays with the big kids at the park, although sometimes she aims a little high. A few weeks back she attempted to join in on greyhound zoomies but soon realised she couldn't even charm her way into that game! She would run after them for a little bit, then stop and wait and catch them on their way back :laugh:

Semi-regular catch-ups would be awesome. My house isn't really setup for big dogs but I'm more than happy to donate food and supplies to the "let's crash Katdogs's house" fund!" (yes, I always turn up with too much food, I never know what to bring so I just bring one of everything!)

Max can try hijacking - I'm not scared of her (much!)

Sammy and I had a long walk tonight that turned out quite sad. First we spent time with TD who's having a health scare. Sammy tried hard to be patient and sit while we chatted. Then our walk turned into a battle over food - chicken bones, coffee cups, Flake flakes, and yet another dead banana skin YUK! By the time I won that battle we were near the station and I thought he'd be interested in the trains but he was more keen to meet all the people.

The really sad bit was we met an old bloke who cried and had a big cuddle with Sam. Ive never seem him around before but he had a 12yo black Lab girl pass away a year ago and seeing Sammy wiggling at him brought back so many puppy memories :cry: He says at his age he won't have another dog and she was the best thing in his life since his wife died 20 years ago :(

I cried all over a briard I saw in England that reminded me of the old man. It was so lovely though to see a little bit of him in the way it ran. I'm sure the man went home happy. Also these photos are gorgeous but not quite enough.

I believe in fate and even though he cried he probably needed to. And he probably needed to be reminded about his own dog over the bridge and new life rather than just loss. Sometimes when people are older it can all seem about what they don't have rather than what they do. I think he will probably remember meeting Sammy and it will make him smile. I hope they run into each other again!

Katdogs - Nothing touches a lonely heart more than a loving puppy. God bless you and Sam for giving love and comfort to a old gentleman. It was a true gift you gave that man. I hope fate will bring you together again. :)

RAIN!

It's been a big week for us so the dogs have been home alone more than usual. They're a bit stir-crazy but every time I thought 'walk' today the rain would get heavier! So I togged up ready to walk in the rain and the instant I stepped outside it stopped :thumbsup: Lucky Labs - there were big clean puddles everywhere!

Sammy's recall is 100%. We walked our usual area then a bit further and further again. He's totally crashed now (on top of his still-wet Stevie) but he had a fantabulous time skitching Ibis and doves and ducks :laugh:

post-15359-0-67681500-1361610080_thumb.jpg