Shoes To Show In

Sankari

I am on the market for some much better show shoes. Just wondering what others wear. I have just bought my first skirt suit - previously always been wearing pant suits. The shoes i have been wearing for the pant suits give me very painful ankles (sketchers).

would like an insight to what most people are wearing with their skirt suits :)

I found some good ones recently at Payless no less! They had a good range of styles. Three of us went in for a look and came out with two pairs of 'show shoes' each! Lol! Yes my sketchers hurt too. If price is not an issue but comfort is paramount homeped also had a few nice styles. You can find them usually at pharmacies. I find a good way to get a feel for what shoes may 'work' is to look at show photos and see what people wear. There are a wide range of styles that work. Main thing is that they are comfortable, won't come off, have enough tread they won't slip and you can run in them. For wet or damp weather you may need something a bit more hardy than you can get away with at other times too. They should also 'blend' if possible so they don't stand out too much.

Edited by espinay2

I've had various brands of show shoes over the years but my current favourites and THE most comfortable (I spent 3 days of our Royal on my feet and didn't break down either with knee or back problems) shoes came from Kmart. They look a little like Skechers and only cost the princely sum of $12. I put my good innersoles in them and they are very very comfortable, suitable to run in and non slip as well! :)

I found some good ones recently at Payless no less! They had a good range of styles. Three of us went in for a look and came out with two pairs of 'show shoes' each! Lol! Yes my sketchers hurt too. If price is not an issue but comfort is paramount homeped also had a few nice styles. You can find them usually at pharmacies. I find a good way to get a feel for what shoes may 'work' is to look at show photos and see what people wear. There are a wide range of styles that work. Main thing is that they are comfortable, won't come off, have enough tread they won't slip and you can run in them. For wet or damp weather you may need something a bit more hardy than you can get away with at other times too. They should also 'blend' if possible so they don't stand out too much.

Another Payless fan - the elastic lace flat "runners" come in a range of colours and look fine with skirts.

If your ankles ache after showing, it may well have more to do with the condition of the show ring than your shoes. Uneven or hard rings make most folks' ankles ache.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Aching ankles may also be because you are spending a lot of time standing up. I was getting very sore feet all the time and then realized that 'nervous energy' had me standing up all day rather than taking time to sit down. I now make an effort to try and sit down more and my feet are thanking me!