Turkey Drumsticks

MelissaS

I feed all manner of chicken or turkey pieces but don't feed the drumsticks - I find the bone is a different texture and is harder and splinters differently, so I don't like feeding them.

My dogs are small though (10 & 6 kg) it might not be such an issue with larger dogs.

Did she say why they're supposed to be so dangerous?

No, she was a little unusual though- got pretty worked up about it. I did think her glass comment was a bit OTT. I saw a few people having a chuckle. :)

She said it was a known fact and her mother heard it many years ago on the radio.

My guys seem to love them & they are great for their dinner occasionally. I will keep an eye out to look for danger signs.

No, she was a little unusual though- got pretty worked up about it. I did think her glass comment was a bit OTT. I saw a few people having a chuckle. :)

She said it was a known fact and her mother heard it many years ago on the radio.

My guys seem to love them & they are great for their dinner occasionally. I will keep an eye out to look for danger signs.

probably spewed out by that knob Alan Jones :laugh:

Edited by Boronia

My ACD's absolutely looove the drumsticks. They dont get them often, and sometimes leave some of it, (not often !!!)... I gave one to my Basenji's, and that was an epic fail, :o , with all 4 of them, didnt know what to do with them at all. :) .. Just took off some of the meat and left all the bone !!!

my dogs love them and turkey necks if I can get them

Woolies always has turkey necks down here - wrapped in a plastic in with the other meat, like chicken carcasses (meat section)..

I also get my turkey necks from Woolies, have been stocking up as I have them hard to get for a month or so after Christmas. Smooch won't eat his dinner unless he has turkey neck, the larger ones I cut in half, half for the next day.

probably spewed out by that knob Alan Jones :laugh:

Probably also has a soft drink bottle filled with water on her front lawn to stop dogs peeing there