Wagga Animal Rescue Closure

Life changes and moves on for everyone; so although WAR might be no longer, the solid work you've all done has made such a difference. I'm sure some of your foster carers will be able to take their experience to other groups either now or in the future.

Thank you for all the work you've done in Wagga and surrounds, there are so many animals who have reason to be grateful.

Thank you to Emma and everyone involved with WAR.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to update everyone on progress...We have officially stopped rescuing but not before overloading ourselves with lots and lots of kittens! It is so hard for our few main cat carers to say no to starving orphan kittens :(

We now have 7 dogs in care and over 50 kittens. For the month of January all our kittens will be $150 which of course includes all vetwork (desexing,microchipping, vaccinating, etc, etc). So if you know of anyone looking for a kitten or maybe a beautiful adult cat, please send them our way.

I will hopefully get some time in the next few weeks to give our website a makeover and provide links to other rescues in the area or those that rescue from this area. I will be mainitaining our phone and website for another year as a source of advice for the public.

• 3 weeks later...

To all in WAR,

While I saw this some weeks ago it is only now that I have had the chance to express my sincerest appreciation for all you have done for the Riverina Animals. Your presence will be greatly missed by not only the animals but just as importantly by your friends in rescue who have grown to know you all over the years.

I wish you all well in your future endeavours wherever they may lead you.

All the best,

Andrea.

• 2 months later...

Just a update and announcement!!

We officially rehomed our 1000th and 1001th animals today! These are our official PetRescue statistics based on the past 5 years, so im sure there were many more before this. We now only have 20 cats/kittens left to rehome before we officially close at the end of June.

Today is my last day in Wagga Wagga so it is very fitting that I was able to complete these adoptions and I couldn't be happier! Im now moving to Sydney tomorrow to start work on Monday as the Ku-Ring-Gai Council's Companion Animal Management Officer :D

Just a update and announcement!!

We officially rehomed our 1000th and 1001th animals today! These are our official PetRescue statistics based on the past 5 years, so im sure there were many more before this. We now only have 20 cats/kittens left to rehome before we officially close at the end of June.

Today is my last day in Wagga Wagga so it is very fitting that I was able to complete these adoptions and I couldn't be happier! Im now moving to Sydney tomorrow to start work on Monday as the Ku-Ring-Gai Council's Companion Animal Management Officer :D

Fantastic Emma - Kuringai needs a good CAM!!

Congratulations. And the Ku-Ring-Gai Council is lucky to have someone with your experience & knowledge.