Help! Which Puppy Food To Choose For Rr

RidgieAmy

Hello! just wanted to ask opinions about which puppy food is best for the ridgeback puppy were bringing into our lives at start of jan!, id love to feed part raw but not full raw diet because dont want to get it wrong so wanted to feed kibbles too, Ive been looking at Artemis Med/Large Breed or Innova Large Breed puppy, or Holistic select and was going to try out blackhawk but read somewhere there is too much calcium in there for a large breed puppy? Ahhh too much choice!! i need help :( also whats everyones views on BARF? any help would be much appreciated! x

Best you ask your breeder. You should get a diet sheet or information before you bring your puppy home. After the puppy settles in you can slowly change the diet to what you want. Personally I don't feed puppy food to pups once they are past 12 weeks old.

I feed my rescue foster pups Royal Canin Puppy/Junior - and my current 15 week old foster failure (I adopted her) is on a mix of the Royal Canin Junior and Nutro Lamb and Rice Adult dry. From the look of her feet and how much she's growing, she's proably going to end up almost Ridgeback sized. She's doing really nicely on the food I'm feeding her so far.

T.

There is no such thing as best food ,what works for one is a disaster for another .

This is a question you should be asking your breeder now .

You would only be changing the diet if its very poor or ideally with the consultation of the breeder as a good one nows what suits that breed the best .

Keep in mind many breeders guarantee there pups providing the diet feed is followed because some brands or diet changes that aren't suitable can make or break your pups future.

We do with our pups,we give the diet sheet & any changes must be done in consultation with us or we will void certain aspects of our guarantee due to people doing things that aren't suitable & creating issues .

Vets All Natural products, take the guesswork out of raw and it's all balanced. We're so frightened of raw feeding but you really have to go to extremes to get it that wrong you cause major problems

Remember commercial dog foods are only available to a minority of the worlds dog population and have only been around for a few decades. Dogs have managed to live perfectly well without ;)

Get a big bag of whatever the breeder is feeding then change over in a month or so if you're not happy with it.

I agree with Nekhbets comment above - if you want to feed raw and are worried about getting it right just use VAN. You can get a free sample from their website. http://www.vetsallnatural.com.au/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=71&Itemid=85